Thread: Please Help Me With Stalfos Campaign, Can't Get New Troops

Default Please Help Me With Stalfos Campaign, Can't Get New Troops

Hey, So i just started messing with the Stalfos campaign. I always like them just barely less then the Twilight so i never played them. Learned that they "Convert" the dead and instantly knew they were the only faction i wanted to play as. Problem is I have yet to convert anyone, and i have just enough guys left to maybe take on one group of hylians. Am i missing something or is it just bad luck on a random draw? at first i thought i needed to settle, then i thought it only happened in non-seige battles. If anyone has played them and could please just tell me how this works that would be amazing. Thanks

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Please Help Me With Stalfos Campaign, Can't Get New Troops

Quote Originally Posted by ChewaPopsicle View Post
    Hey, So i just started messing with the Stalfos campaign. I always like them just barely less then the Twilight so i never played them. Learned that they "Convert" the dead and instantly knew they were the only faction i wanted to play as. Problem is I have yet to convert anyone, and i have just enough guys left to maybe take on one group of hylians. Am i missing something or is it just bad luck on a random draw? at first i thought i needed to settle, then i thought it only happened in non-seige battles. If anyone has played them and could please just tell me how this works that would be amazing. Thanks
    They have a lot of bugs right now so I'd advise playing as them at your own risk. When everything works fine you're supposed to get new soldiers when you win a battle. They'll be the undead equivalent of the race you defeated.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    They have a lot of bugs right now so I'd advise playing as them at your own risk. When everything works fine you're supposed to get new soldiers when you win a battle. They'll be the undead equivalent of the race you defeated.
    Where can i download the new version? ModDB doesnīt work because you canīt click on the downloadlink..

And how can Stalfos get their strongest troops like "Schythes", "stallord" or "General Onox"?

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

The Stalfos are supposed to get generals automatically just like other factions, and I assume that the two giants were supposed to be among them. From what Nephalim said, he apparently had them perfectly scripted until a bit before the release, when he accidentally deleted it while clearing up some code. So they WERE functional and you were supposed to get generals automatically (and I assume these generals were Scythe Lords) but there was a slight mishap. Stalfos probably won't be properly playable until the next patch or quickfix.

Arise, my army!

OK so when there fixed will EVERY fight gain me troops, or just some of them. I personally think every fight, at least in the beginning since you can be outnumbered so easily. Also I am getting a few troops every once and a while. Also for bugs, in the Stalfos campaign every fight i've been in that has had buldings, some of them have been floating. Especially lon lon ranch. Either way i'm going to continue playing as them since the idea is just so cool.

I think only fights with generals on your side gain troops. And not all of the races are supposed to gain units.
    i.e. River Zora, Ikanians, Subrosians.
    Maybe Scythe lords will be earned from wizzrobes? It says that in the wiki but anyone can edit that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChewaPopsicle View Post
    OK so when there fixed will EVERY fight gain me troops, or just some of them. I personally think every fight, at least in the beginning since you can be outnumbered so easily.
    No. You only gain troops after victories, when your army is commanded by a general and is not a full stack.
    Also rebels cannot become troops for you.

Actually right now Hyrule troops don't really work. But gorudo works perfectly. I tried to recreate the settings of the announcement where Nephalim was attacking gorudo troops. And it worked so i kept doing it and can comfirm that at least in my game, when you attack gorudo you get troops, but i've only had more hylians 2 out of the 12 fights i've had. If neph is trying to fix this i would recommend looking at what makes it work with gorudo. Also if anyone is playing or plans to play stalfos you really need to attack gorudo. So far it is the only one that works(have not tried the other races yet since i lost azaloo when attacking Zelda, did kill her though so it was a small victory in my mind) either way when you start just ignore hyrule and try to gain a foothold by going after gorudo, they give better troops anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by HTD View Post
    No. You only gain troops after victories, when your army is commanded by a general and is not a full stack.
    Also rebels cannot become troops for you.
    Yeah i get that, what i'm saying is that currently every fight with Hylians or Gerudo doesn't give you troops, so what i'm saying is that I am hoping that in every fight with them you get troops ( so everytime I fight Gerudo and i have a general and empty stacks i get troops, rather then the randomness that is currently a part of playing the stalfos)

Feel really bad tripple posting, But I feel this needs to be said. So i was playing as the Stalfos, and around turn 50 8-9 factions were suddenly destroyed. They were instantly turned into rebels(everything was the same as far as I could tell, they were the same generals and army, Except they were now rebel) Also all of the armies left became impossible to beat. The kokiri would win against 2500+ troops with only 200-300. I don't know if this is on purpose or what, But it is insane. All of the main factions are rebels now and all of my buildings are rioting. Is this a Bug or is this some sort of un-named Calamity?

Subrosians dug too deep and woke up Cthulhu, then everyone with a living mind went insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Godot View Post
    Subrosians dug too deep and woke up Cthulhu, then everyone with a living mind went insane!
    Wait is this a real thing? Made me laugh but damn, who would've thought a faction i'd never heard of would be the first to beat me in this game

Is there a way to recover, or a strategy to stop them?

The only thing that can stop the worldwide rebellion is most probably a patch/hotfix. Too bad, really. I have only gotten to around turn 40 before getting stomped by everyone.

He's not very happy because the first thing he encountered upon waking up... was this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"What, you're an octopus and you still have limbs and bones like a human? Sheesh, talk about inconvenient."

Chaos and destruction inevitably followed.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post

He's not very happy because the first thing he encountered upon waking up... was this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"What, you're an octopus and you still have limbs and bones like a human? Sheesh, talk about inconvenient."

Chaos and destruction inevitably followed.
    Yeah if i woke up to that I would want everyone to feel my pain to, Why suffer alone?