Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Storms End, Seat of the Stag. House Baratheon

Default Re: Storms End, Seat of the Stag. House Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Bäįń ųf dįšhųńųr View Post
    I am sorry for you loss, the both of you. You have Storms End until you recoup and are ready to leave it. Tonight we feast but it will not be that you or your kin is forgotten. We must honor the dead by celebrating the lives we still have. I will ride to Kings landing to speak with the King myself soon enough. Baratheon said troubled
    Of course my lord. Might I ask we hold the wedding sometime soon? I hear my father is seeking a marriage and I shall soon have to leave to attend his own! It will be hard to pry him away from his bride to be! My brother Jason here is left with ships but no employment. It is traditional for the bride's father to give a gift to the groom. I have also heard that the Lord of Tarth died with no heirs and you have come into possession of it. As my gift I ask that you take my brother into your service as a lord of the Stormlands. I am heir to my father's lands so you need not worry about that my lord. And if I may ask have we yet established trade?
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

Star Killer's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Bäįń ųf dįšhųńųr View Post
    Hahaha, my dear poor coz is always strange. He is eccentric but his mind is sound when it is needed. If I didn't know better I would think you were having doubts, and although publicly I would say to you, he is you Leige lord. Privately I might ask is he your better? However I can assure you my cousin was not speaking on my behalf during that conversation. Have you told me how you found my son yet?
    Arryn Botley: "May I speak honestly my lord?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus the Molossian View Post
    Of course my lord. Might I ask we hold the wedding sometime soon? I hear my father is seeking a marriage and I shall soon have to leave to attend his own! It will be hard to pry him away from his bride to be! My brother Jason here is left with ships but no employment. It is traditional for the bride's father to give a gift to the groom. I have also heard that the Lord of Tarth died with no heirs and you have come into possession of it. As my gift I ask that you take my brother into your service as a lord of the Stormlands. I am heir to my father's lands so you need not worry about that my lord. And if I may ask have we yet established trade?

Auron thought on his request. It was a bit unorthodox, and the timing was horrible. Considering the debacle at sea and his still needing to speak with the King on it. He searched his mind for compromise. The wedding will be at the end of this week. On the topic of your brother, a few things must happen. You must renounce all Claim of your name Chester, and take up a new name for your fledgling house. You will then of course swear your fealty to me like all my other vassals. I must strip you and make you a new man in order to ensure no other ties hold your allegiance. If the verdict is in any degree I favoring of you I shall allow you to take its Lordship en lieu of proving yourself worthy of it, or I find another. You have until after I meet with the King to decide since no movement will be made on it until then. As for trade, given our ties by marriage, I believe I wish to abstain from the trade agreement for one reason, I may need it to garner new alliances. It is important to have friends in this day and age Master Chester, how do you find these terms?

-------------------

Baratheon now eyes Arryn carefully and took a swig of his ale, Always

James speaks.
    These terms are acceptable. However I would ask that if trade could not be granted that my brother e granted Estermont and Tarth. Both are dirt poor but I'm sure my brother can make them profitable and chase the pirates out. A week my lord? That should be time enough for a marriage.

Jason speaks on his own behalf.
    I accept my Lord. I hereby renounce my claims to House Chester and I renounce my name in favor of Barca. I will now be Jason Barca. I pledge my fealty to you my lord in exchange for your granting me the title of lord and the lands of Tarth and Estermont. I will do my best to rid you of pirate scum in the Stormlands my lord.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Arryn Botley: "Speaking Honestly he is not fit to rule. He is arrogant, foolish, and does not act with the proper protacal. (like with Nobles there is a rule of etiquette and such. Kinda like that is what I mean.). He needs more discipline, if he was younger I'd suggest you flog him."

OOC: You know what I'm gonna suggest. PLEASE DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tristifer lost the duel so at least do this. :p

OOC- Lmao!!!!! You are too damn much lol.

I have weighed his worth and his transgressions. I've no need to flog him, they will make a man of him at the wall or he will die..... Auron said hushed. He did not want or wish this, but the boy left him little choice. He had not listened in his youth and he would pay for it now.

OOC: *looks down and a single tear comes out of the right eye* Fine.

Arryn Botley: "Interesting, you plan to make him take the watch? You do know that there is no turning back once you do this. There are other ways and other things that can be done."

James speaks.
    These terms are acceptable. However I would ask that if trade could not be granted that my brother e granted Estermont and Tarth. Both are dirt poor but I'm sure my brother can make them profitable and chase the pirates out. A week my lord? That should be time enough for a marriage.

Jason speaks on his own behalf.
    I accept my Lord. I hereby renounce my claims to House Chester and I renounce my name in favor of Barca. I will now be Jason Barca. I pledge my fealty to you my lord in exchange for your granting me the title of lord and the lands of Tarth and Estermont. I will do my best to rid you of pirate scum in the Stormlands my lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Killer View Post
    OOC: *looks down and a single tear comes out of the right eye* Fine.

Arryn Botley: "Interesting, you plan to make him take the watch? You do know that there is no turning back once you do this. There are other ways and other things that can be done."

Baratheon looked amused Tarth, should you prove loyal and a good Lord per diem then I shall instate full lordship to both Tarth and Estermont, Jason. Baratheon gives him a subtle nod. I need to ensure all is clear with the King before I promise anything

-------------------------------------------

Auron looked at Arryn with sorrow in his eyes but ice in his voice, He is old enough to have learned how to behave. Sending him to take the Black renounces all claim he has now and forever on the Baratheon name. I will not have any upheaval after my death because the boy feels entitled to Storms End, and that it the type of MAN he has become.

OOC: Latin for "for each day"?

Jason kneels.

I am not sure what you mean my lord. I accept your terms but ask that I be granted Estermont and Tarth so I may afford the cost of my ships! Without their combined income I cannot pay my men! I am ready to swear my vassalage to you here and now. I have not been involved with any illicit activities.
    Last edited by Pyrrhus the Molossian; January 11, 2013 at 07:11 PM.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Arryn thought for a second then said,

Arryn Botley: "You are right, but may I ask you to consider something else. When I was young I used to be like your son. Except a thousand times worse. I drank in the morning, and I whored in the night. I insulted countless lords and nearly lost my life multiple times because of it and it was only by my fathers grace that I lived. The breaking point was when I managed to charm two woman from the Westerlands into being my salt wives." He paused then said, "because of what I did, they came to our hall when we were away and killed everyone there. Including my mother. We couldn't do anything of it either as the king declared we deserved it." He paused again then said, "My father blamed it on me. What happened next was the worst year of my life. And by the end of it, well let's just say it made me the man I am today."

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Lord Auron of the Stormlands,

I beseech you and the might the Stormlands, for our great city, King's Landing, is under siege by angry farmer and smelly bandit alike.
    I bid you, march on these untouchables and send them reeling back to their farms.

King Aegon Third of His Name
    King of the the Seven Kingdoms

Leon read the letter. He sighed, his family was at Kings Landing.

Muster the men, call the levies. We ride North to the Bronze Gate, that is where we will ride from. We are closer than all other men of the Realm, we ought to be the first there.

Quote Originally Posted by Star Killer View Post
    Arryn thought for a second then said,

Arryn Botley: "You are right, but may I ask you to consider something else. When I was young I used to be like your son. Except a thousand times worse. I drank in the morning, and I whored in the night. I insulted countless lords and nearly lost my life multiple times because of it and it was only by my fathers grace that I lived. The breaking point was when I managed to charm two woman from the Westerlands into being my salt wives." He paused then said, "because of what I did, they came to our hall when we were away and killed everyone there. Including my mother. We couldn't do anything of it either as the king declared we deserved it." He paused again then said, "My father blamed it on me. What happened next was the worst year of my life. And by the end of it, well let's just say it made me the man I am today."

I will consider your words well. He is in need for some hard lessons to be learned. I still have a few uses for him before the time comes.

OOC: Latin for "for each day"?

Jason kneels.

I am not sure what you mean my lord. I accept your terms but ask that I be granted Estermont and Tarth so I may afford the cost of my ships! Without their combined income I cannot pay my men! I am ready to swear my vassalage to you here and now. I have not been involved with any illicit activities.
    You may have both. Do not make me regret this.

You will not my lord.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Nesimī's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Lord Baratheon,

Despite our warnings and and the judgement of the king, you have decided not only to award the mercenary Chester with two of the Stormlands' oldest seats, but to seal your alliance with a marriage.

In light of these developments, we have decided to decline your offer regarding Wyl, as such displays of rashness and poor judgement may have heavy consequences in the future for us both.

We congratulate you on your victory over the rebels in the Crownlands and hope that you will be more prudent concerning your allies in the future.

Signed,
    Ulrick Martell, Prince of Dorne
    Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken
    shum

OOC: Lol um that character died....
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

After reading the letter, Leon nearly throws the letter away but Harvin is near and confiscates it from him. I shall go to Dorne. I do not want us looking over our backs any longer.

Arryn left, he wondered if the Baratheon had actually bought that cock and bull he'd thought up.

Dear Lord Baratheon,

My mission goes well. I have taken or destroyed over 16 pirate ships. The Stormlands are totally and cometely free from any pirate scum! I have pursued a force of pirates into the Vale where we destroyed them bext to the Sisters. We will search for their base and if we cannot find it sail home in victory!

Sincerely,
    Jason Barca
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca