Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Storms End, Seat of the Stag. House Baratheon

Default Re: Storms End, Seat of the Stag. House Baratheon

Vayne nodded and went to dismiss the man but stopped himself short. He looked back at Lannister, with sorrowful eyes.
    Myrcella, she was your sister no? My cousin an her got along quite well...that is....until he was slain in Kings Landing. I was there that day. There to see her cry for him. he said quietly.

He walked up to him and nodded his head, It is in respect to a unity which may have been had through them, that I arrange this meeting. I think she will suit you as well.

Tygett froze at the mention of his sister. Memories flowed back to him like a river before he woke himself up. He smiled weakly.

Thank you, lord Baratheon.

The next morning it was lady Genna who came to receive Tyget from his quarters. Genna had grown as a woman since being brought to court, she was a giddy girl when she first arrived. Now, she maintained herself as a proper matriarch.

My Lord, it is time to break fast. She said knocking.

Tygett rises from his bed, and quickly gets dressed. His blonde hair is ruffled, but not dirty. He opens the door to Lady Genna.

She looks at the man from head to toe.
    My, you are a handsome one aren't you?

My Lord, my brother awaits us in the Hall. I am Genna Baratheon. You should feel honored, guests never receive a wake up call from me. He must be trying to impress you. Genna said unaware of the true reason.

He smiled.

Well, I am ready.

Once they arrive at the hall, they see Vayne sittin alongside his bastard brother Gendry. Gendry was a quiet soul, not much for talking or bothering anyone, but a strong man with a reflecting build. Some of the other Lords of the Stormlands think he is slow of mind but it is not so. He speaks rarely, but observes almost all that transpires around him. Brothers, Lord Lannister has arrived to break his fast. I will be off now.

No. No. Stay with us and eat sister, I haven't Vayne began until being cut off
    Now there you go again Vayne! Youve been trying to ship all of us off for the past year and you mean to send me, with respect my lord Lannister, to the Westerlands? You've got nerve Brother
    Yes, nerve and the right over you now sit down and eat. Welcome Lord Baratheon Vayne said calmly, quietly.

Tygett stood quietly, his smile gone.

Perhaps I came at a bad time?

Oh don't be a fool. Genna said half with a laugh goon to her seat.
    This is how we love, bickering back and forth, you see we were not raised together as none of us have the same mother. So we have been making up for the childhood we never had.

Yes, fear not. Besides, she knew once she smelled the bacon she was going to sit and eat Vayne jested

OOC- not fat. Think marilyn Monroe curvy

Tygett smiled, relieved, and sat down.

The rest of their morning meal was filled with laughter and bullying. Vayne made fun of Genna, Genna made fun of Vayne. They both made fun of Gendry only to receive quiet quips back. The Baratheons had suffered many losses in recent history, because of this, they truly relished the time they had together. Finally Vayne looked at Tyget, then his sister.
    So what do you think Young Lion? Would Stannis the stern accept such a woman as a good daughter?

He nodded and smiled.

I would imagine so. My father has been seeking a suitable woman out for me for a while now.

I see. What about politically? The Stormlands have not gone represented for some time. What do you see of his long term goals politically? Vayne asked, shifting from his family mood to his Lord role.

He shrugged

My father wants to see a stable realm. I imagine my marriage to your house would help him achieve that goal.

Ah yes, stability of the realm. Between us surely, but I wonder. Should Mace Tyrell ever need help, as Kim to me would you oblige? Knowing that his son has Baratheon blood? Vayne asked inquisitively. Relations as a whole were important. More than Westerland support for the Reach and his cousin, he wanted to know what family ties the Lannisters may have that he might have to aid some day.

He shrugged.

My grandmother was a Tyrell. The question is... Which one to choose? I'm not so sure myself.

Oh I'm not asking you to choose between us. I was just making you aware that Mace is the father of my cousin, soon to be my Good-Brother, and that he shall have my support in most things. And if I cannot be there, I may ask for your support in turn. For whatever it may be. So, in essence, through marriage with my house, Peace through all of the Southern regions could be secured. Vayne said proudly.

OOC- this is of course before the rebellion catastrophe.

He nodded tactfully.

A united south... A stalwart and dangerous enemy to any foes, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    He nodded tactfully.

A united south... A stalwart and dangerous enemy to any foes, no?
    Aye, to all foes indeed. Both foreign, and domestic. We will share a bond like the south has not seen in ages.
    A bond orchestrated by us and not those damned Dragons.
    So if she is fitting to you, you may have her hand.

Genna's eyes open wide at that last statement, You aren't even going to ask me what I think brother? A better Lord would have asked his daughter. she said in a serious tone but joking.
    Perhaps, but you are my sister not my daughter, and you have been salivating since you walked though the door and I doubt it was due to the bacon you have yet to eat.

He chuckled.

I am sure I will accept.