Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Storms End, Seat of the Stag. House Baratheon

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Storms End, Seat of the Stag. House Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Bäįń øf dįšhøńør View Post
    Derick looked at his one time squire. He was an eager young man, good in a fight. Derick intended for him to be the guard and companion to Jayce........ Until Jayce fell.
    He hates the Dornish because of a spat between them a couple years ago over Dornish waters. He lost, his brother died. He was told to bury it when he claimed a new name. I suppose he didn't. My brother tries to see the best in all men. Sometimes not for the better. This man was not better judgement by him. These things happen.
    Mors sighs revlecting back on the tie when all men hated him. When he and his mother were forced from there home. He looks up and smiles at the man who had become a father figure to him.
    "It is a shame, pepole always fighting continueing these endless fueds. It never results in anything but more death."

Upon receiving this message, Auron gathered Lord Connington and Barca as well as his son Daevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Balin son of Fundin View Post
    Mors sighs revlecting back on the tie when all men hated him. When he and his mother were forced from there home. He looks up and smiles at the man who had become a father figure to him.
    "It is a shame, pepole always fighting continueing these endless fueds. It never results in anything but more death."
    Aye, hate begets hate. Blood.....blood. My brother would set it right and though it may look good on paper, tension will still run high. I understand the sentiments, but this is not an easy thing, letting blood spilt go. Hopefully Lord Baratheon can clear the air between us and Dorne for good.

Aye, hate begets hate. Blood.....blood. My brother would set it right and though it may look good on paper, tension will still run high. I understand the sentiments, but this is not an easy thing, letting blood spilt go. Hopefully Lord Baratheon can clear the air between us and Dorne for good.
    "The air may clear for a while but what happens when the king decides that he once again wants Dorne as a kingdom?" He asks sadly

"The air may clear for a while but what happens when the king decides that he once again wants Dorne as a kingdom?" He asks sadly
    Derick looked at his once apprentice and raised an eyebrow, We can only hope he does not. My dear brother has been working so hard for peace with them. Such a war would destroy the credibility of House Baratheon in the eyes of any cool minded Dornishman. We cannot afford a blow like that. Peace could never be sued for at that point. Derick said stroking his beard. He had earned his nickname "The Hammer" through bloodshed, but it was not without regret. He needed to help set an example of those responsible for his nephews death years ago. That example, led to his renaming.

......um first....welcome...i guess.....second.....who are you lol?

Derick looked at his once apprentice and raised an eyebrow, We can only hope he does not. My dear brother has been working so hard for peace with them. Such a war would destroy the credibility of House Baratheon in the eyes of any cool minded Dornishman. We cannot afford a blow like that. Peace could never be sued for at that point. Derick said stroking his beard. He had earned his nickname "The Hammer" through bloodshed, but it was not without regret. He needed to help set an example of those responsible for his nephews death years ago. That example, led to his renaming.
    "I hope so do. But peace has never lasted long. The Dragons still feel intiled to that last kingdom. It stands as a sybol to there failure. The kingdom they couldn't bring to kneel. Now they have lost their dragons. I do not believe it will last forever."

"I hope so do. But peace has never lasted long. The Dragons still feel intiled to that last kingdom. It stands as a sybol to there failure. The kingdom they couldn't bring to kneel. Now they have lost their dragons. I do not believe it will last forever."
    Derick stroked his beard, Maybe, maybe not.....Thats what youre for, thats what I am for. We are the keepers of the gate. Derick sighed.
    Should it ever turn to blood, House Baratheon will be there to spill it and clean up. House Baratheon will make sure the damage is repairable, and that it is repaired.

=================================================

Auron calls Lord Connington to his solar, in need to speak with him concerning the bandits around the Reach-Stormland border.

Shadow141's Avatar Ordinarius

"Yes my Lord how may I be of service to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow141 View Post
    "Yes my Lord how may I be of service to you."

As you may have heard my sister and her train were hit by some bandits on the way to the Highgarden a while back. It's been a busy time and we have been unable to exact vengence but Ser Derick is leading some men to the Reach to meet with the Tyrells. I was wondering if you wished to send some support as well. It need not be many men but a representative would be fine enough. What do you think?

Shadow141's Avatar Ordinarius

"I shall go my self my Lord if you agree."

Indeed I do. You make your own decisions and i will support that. Be sure to take a personal guard Lord Connington. Auron said gently. He trusted this man and his judgement. It was difficult for him to not trust most people. After all, he would behead those that betrayed him.
    I can't wait to get my hands on Barca

A small figure rode over the horizon towards Storms End, riding a steed of black to match his darkened clothes and jet black hair. He requests an audience with lord Baratheon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    A small figure rode over the horizon towards Storms End, riding a steed of black to match his darkened clothes and jet black hair. He requests an audience with lord Baratheon.
    He is taken by the guards to Lord Auron Baratheon. There he sits quietly, brooding over something unknown.
    What do you call yourself? Vayne Baratheon asked.
    He was standin next to his Father, and as of late had been handling his affairs just a little more now. Daevon, Aurons true heir, had spent the past several months whoring across the Stormlands and was rarely present.

He dismounted, and bowed.

I call myself the greatest man that ever lived, others call me Ser Edmund Blackadder. A pleasure, lord Baratheon.

Vayne frowned at the comment, a comment Daevon would have surely appreciated.
    Right, please call me Sir or even master but Lord Baratheon is not mine own title. How can we help you in Storms End? Vayne asked
    Blackadder.....I dont know that surname....

He waved his hand.

You are a son or relative of The Lord Paramount... That makes you a lord in my eyes. Anywho, I have come south here to mayhaps meet with my long lost kin.

He waved his hand.

You are a son or relative of The Lord Paramount... That makes you a lord in my eyes. Anywho, I have come south here to mayhaps meet with my long lost kin.
    Aye, I am his son, Vayne Baratheon. Who is it that you come to meet, Master Blackadder? I wish I could say I knew of your surname, but it would taste a lie to say so

He smiled wryly.

A surname long forgotten, it seems - but we blackadders have been lords in Dorne, here, and finally in the Crownlands. We are distant kin to the Yrownwood's through the old Yronwood kings... And to the Baratheon's, from the ancient Storm Kings. That was back when my house's fortune was great. Now... We are declining.

He smiled wryly.

A surname long forgotten, it seems - but we blackadders have been lords in Dorne, here, and finally in the Crownlands. We are distant kin to the Yrownwood's through the old Yronwood kings... And to the Baratheon's, from the ancient Storm Kings. That was back when my house's fortune was great. Now... We are declining.
    Ancient Stormlord ties yet Dornish Lords? This smells odd Vayne thought but kept to himself.
    Surely such ties between my House and yours will be investigated. he said with a smile, trying not to call him a liar and not to say anything that would make the man think his claim was accepted yet.
    I am sorry to hear of the decline of your House. It must be difficult.