Thread: Treasure Hunt tonight 2200 GMT: free safe storage and good lot

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Default Treasure Hunt tonight 2200 GMT: free safe storage and good lot

This even has concluded.

Conclusion Report

The event went excellently, with a large number (20+) participating. Much slaughter was had, and the main chest went unfound for quite some time, which was good. I was scared it may be a bit too obvious, but it wasn't.

_CBrogan_ claims the top spot, finding the main chest and escaping safely with the contents. TheRokusho might have caught and killed him if he'd known what Brogan was carrying as he watched him run off!

Didn't note who found the smaller chests, but little battles raged when I announced the coordinates of the last two, which was fun.

Thanks to all for participating, and well done to those who netted some loot, from either the chests or from killing a lot of people!

The Loot

In the Buffer Zone there are hidden 4 chests: 3 have minor loot and 1 has major loot.

The best chest has 2 diamond armour sets, a diamond sword, power II bow, half a stack of diamonds, 16 ender pearls, 4 golden apples, 2 fire res pots and enough Bottles o' Enchanting to get you to level 30 for free.

The other 3 have similar goodies but in smaller amounts, and will be easier to find.

Storage

In order to make this event as user friendly as possible, we're breaking our own rules for you for a night.

In the Safe Zone, in the Greek-temple thing on the hill, are 2 beds and rows of chests.

You all know the shop plugin (and if you don't there's an example chest next to the beds to show you how to do it), and you all know the chests can't be accessed if protected by a shop, except during war where an admin will break it open for you if there's enemy faction members online.

Well, you'll all make a shop chest in that temple (bring a sign) and store all your replacement kit inside it, making a shop sign so no one can loot it.

You can then sleep in the bed and, if you die during the event, you can get right back in there in seconds.

Letting you use these chests like that is a one-time thing. Don't do it in your own bases or anywhere else because it is against the rules.

We'll even TP you home after the event finishes.

Hints/Tips

- The SZ is PvP enabled for this. The temple is the only sanctuary. If we happen to have a newbie join the server while this is happening, don't kill them for their leather starter kit.

- If you find a way to break into someone elses kit chest and steal from it, I will ban you for a week. Respect for the sanctuary will be enforced.

- You can't camp the sanctuary exit or jump in and out to avoid being killed. Fight like a man! Same goes for claiming chunks anywhere to avoid people damaging you during the event.

- All 4 chests are inside the Buffer Zone/Safe Zone limits. None are outside.

- They're buried until the event starts. Getting some scouting in early is pointless.

I want this event to be some easy, free PvP without a huge war involved. The loot is worth looking for and you'll get to kill a few people in the process for no hard feelings.

We'll be doing more of these events in future: I want to promote PvP in alternative ways to major coalition slugfests.

I hope to see many in attendance! Spread the word, I know its a tad short notice.
    Last edited by Poach; January 02, 2013 at 06:08 PM.

BM309K58SMERCH's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Treasure Hunt tonight 2200 GMT: free safe storage and good lot

Is this a FFA? And what about the MP that we lose?
    Anyway, it is nice seeing this take place next to England.

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Wow, good timing considering no Englishman can log on without fear of being gangraped in their base...

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Your base is literally the closest thing to the SZ outside the SZ. Log in and run to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    Wow, good timing considering no Englishman can log on without fear of being gangraped in their base...
    Yes, if this event should take place I feel you should either put the war on hold through moderator action or just not do the event.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

What happens to manpower for this event? I can see it being a huge amount of fun but it seems quite a risk for those of us at war/moderation enforced truce.

cake knows fear?
    Btw poach, is this realy the best time to do this?...
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    What happens to manpower for this event? I can see it being a huge amount of fun but it seems quite a risk for those of us at war/moderation enforced truce.
    I'd speak to Rickie about that statement and then re-evaluate it.

For those at war: the loot to be gained from this event would very much assist in your war effort. There's over a full stack of diamonds to be had here, not to mention 20+ ender pearls, TNT, potions, enchanting levels, obsidian, etc. This is like having an enemy war storage left open for you to find.

If you're unwilling to risk manpower for such a prize you can do so. You better hope your enemies are unwilling as well.
    Last edited by Poach; January 02, 2013 at 12:58 PM.

I would edit my post because I just thought of something but I can't for some reason, anyways.

You could make a war zone north of the safe zone in a uninhabitted area and make deaths in the warzone not result in a loss of man power, which is an option within the plugin from what I've read. But this still doesn't solve the problem that while we're out there trying to have fun with your event our enemies can just goto our base and raid it. I don't think this even is in good timing and should be rescheduled.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    I'd speak to Rickie about that statement and then re-evaluate it.

For those at war: the loot to be gained from this event would very much assist in your war effort. There's over a full stack of diamonds to be had here. If you're unwilling to risk manpower for such a prize you can do so.
    Yes my normal sequence of reading is this forum ---> ervingur forum.

and you all know the chests can't be accessed if protected by a shop, except during war where an admin will break it open for you if there's enemy faction members online.

Revelation! Pretty sure a great many people didn't know this. :p

Poach's Avatar Civitate

It was on the wiki I'm sure, because there's a mod forum post about it dated may 2012, and we've done it on several occasions during multiple wars. Northmen, for example, looted the old Dwarven public market during one of their many wars on the last server.

Since I can't find it, though, for the sake of fairness to England right now we won't uphold that right away. We'll have to give them 2 or 3 days to move things before we uphold it I guess.

Since I can't find it, though, for the sake of fairness to England right now we won't uphold that right away. We'll have to give them 2 or 3 days to move things before we uphold it I guess.

Sounds fair to me, just wondering what other obscure/lost rules there are. :p

ForteS's Avatar Need Hugz?

OMG, this is at 22 GMT? not 20? Amazing!
    My computer crashed... I've spent my last 3 hours trying to fix it... Got it done, finally

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Nicely done. 40 minutes to go indeed.

ForteS's Avatar Need Hugz?

Nicely done. 40 minutes to go indeed.
    My computer doesn't even hava java now...
    I should win something just for all this work I had so far

ps: I suppose I won't be able to upload screen shots of this map... it's all gone :| I had +3000 screen shots...
    Last edited by ForteS; January 02, 2013 at 04:27 PM.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Had lots of fun... killed a couple before finally got brought down. Hope to see in-server events like this a regular thing! Good job moderation team

Vicarius

Glory to the North!