Page 468 of 473 FirstFirst ... 368418443458459460461462463464465466467468469470471472473 LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,360 of 9444

Thread: Crossroads Saloon: OOC chat.

Default Re: Crossroads Saloon: OOC chat.

Trust me, nobody outside this circle takes more than 5 seconds reading what any of us write here.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Someone remembers when I said that Henry II Plantagenet was a good inspiration for kingship?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Kingdom/page3

See last post.
    It's not intended to be rules after all, but rp wise it adds flavour. Any has ever touched or done anything about Law. I thought it was nice to add a touch of real ruling over the Kingdom.
    The aforementioned Laws are the ones proclaimed at Clarendon by Henry II.

Regards
    Last edited by Oznerol; December 06, 2013 at 04:25 AM.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Finally someone adds some sort of actual law as king. I've been waiting about four games to see that done

But don't forget to add the laws we just RPed

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Finally someone adds some sort of actual law as king. I've been waiting about four games to see that done

But don't forget to add the laws we just RPed
    Thanks! And how can be this possible? The King's main concern in Middle Ages was to administrate Justice and create new Laws. Without laws or justice he's not a King.

See 22th: The King has all the rights to appoint his heir, whoever he wants to.

I will include the others, concerning the Queen's powers later. I have to write it like the original document, so they will fit with the others.

There are many that are speacially fitting for our setting: Like the one that forbids King from being excomunicated, or that one which forbids any High person in the realm from travelling abroad the Realm (*cough* Blackfyre support *cough*).

Originally the Clarendon Constitutions and Assize were intended to limit Lords' powers and the Church's: Adapted to our setting: Lord Paramounts and the Faith.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

It's more like no one really wanted or saw it necessary to RP those things out.
    I guess it's been seen as pretty much the same as RPing every petition you get on your throne.
    Things people just assume you do, not something you must write out.

Could anyone sum up in clear understandable English what this new law is actually saying, since I don't know the original and my researches about the original say that the laws give the Crown more power than original.
    I'm just curious, since it's for me as an LP more than important to know what Baelor is actually intending to do.

Campidoctor

Apologies for being inactive for so long, but the semester is finally over now, especially in a house such as Manderly in this crucial time in the North. One more essay to go and I'll have "nothing" to do for two months.

Also, those who say that hate fanfiction obviously haven't read The North Remembers, otherwise you'd be calling yourselves mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dread View Post
    Could anyone sum up in clear understandable English what this new law is actually saying, since I don't know the original and my researches about the original say that the laws give the Crown more power than original.
    I'm just curious, since it's for me as an LP more than important to know what Baelor is actually intending to do.
    I don't think it really "alters" anything in game, just some RP to let the Kingdoms know that the King is still....well, King. It's basically just medieval law regarding crime and hierarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
    I don't think it really "alters" anything in game, just some RP to let the Kingdoms know that the King is still....well, King. It's basically just medieval law regarding crime and hierarchy.
    True, but apart from that 'King is able to legitimize everybody as his heir' thingy and the restrictions towards the Septons, is there anything special mentioned about the LPs and their lords concerning crimes and hierarchy?
    Haven't read much out of it apart from criminals getting screwed and hunted down more effectively, as a result of the Sirsha escapade.

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

In my opinion there should be war when Baelor dies

Matarys FTW!

there will probably be a scuffle or two. With any luck a few characters will at least die.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkerton View Post
    In my opinion there should be war when Baelor dies

Matarys FTW!
    Probably will be, along with Blackfyre's return at the head of a army of mercenaries. As this entire situation kind of reminds me of the buildup to the Dance.

Isn't it a bit silly that a Goldcloak Captain earns as much as a Kingsguard member? Or that the Goldcloak Commander gains as much as the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard?

I still think that Kingsguard shouldn't gain income, as basically they are sworn swords to the King. Glorified swornswords but swornswords nonetheless.
    The King should buy them they equipment (or they should gain it immediately as they earn their membership)

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I think the Kingsguard salaries are just an enabler to let people playing them work on equipment and such. The King couldn't 'afford' to kit them out: King's Landing is a 70,000 income province, it doesn't accurately represent the finances of an entire Kingdom, and making it do so would be extremely difficult.

Campidoctor

If the mods wish it, I can mod the tourney of White Harbour myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    I think the Kingsguard salaries are just an enabler to let people playing them work on equipment and such. The King couldn't 'afford' to kit them out: King's Landing is a 70,000 income province, it doesn't accurately represent the finances of an entire Kingdom, and making it do so would be extremely difficult.
    That's why I also proposed they gained the best equipment, but no salary at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ByzantineCaesar View Post
    If the mods wish it, I can mod the tourney of White Harbour myself.
    I think it would be better if a mod rolls the tourney, considering that there is a prize money attached to it. It's not that I don't trust you but if someone complains about the roll, its better if that someone complains about what the mod rolls and not the player.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Honors Bastion View Post
    I think it would be better if a mod rolls the tourney, considering that there is a prize money attached to it. It's not that I don't trust you but if someone complains about the roll, its better if that someone complains about what the mod rolls and not the player.
    I'm fine with that, I just worried that another tourney would burden the mods too much at the moment.

By the way, I seriously need a cool nickname for Gwayne Corbray. He's supposed to be a legendary knight, but everything I can think of is "the White Raven", which isn't cool at all. I could call him "the Greatheart", but there was already a kingsguard member with that epiteth and "White Heart" is even more terrible. Any suggestions?

So, now you know why I have asked about it.

And before somebody complains about "But in real life it was accepted by the lords, so it's not valid":
    Edric has reasons to believe that these new-founded laws are not for the good of the realm.

First of all, I always stated, that Edric was never found of most of the King's decisions, so he definitly has reasons to distrust him, especially when he says, that he's able to choose an heir at will. All lords of Westeros should know, why the Blackfyre rebellion has errupted and by making the legitimization legal in open manner and by the king's will, it will just let the seed for new rebellions grow.
    Furthermore, I stated that Edric also was thinking about the winter and the increase of wolf attacks in this year may have been a sign of the Seven, since it was the following year of Sirsha's death and the wolf can be easily linked with the Starks. Give him an influental Septon, who proves him right, and Edric will definitly be certain, that his thoughts are actually pious. And since he suffers in his dreams by all the pain he caused since Harrenhall, it would be a great absolution for him.

And well, maybe he'll get some support, since it would actually be a new potential conflict, though we haven't reached the border of a new civil war. For yet.