Page 20 of 473 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570120 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossroads Saloon: OOC chat.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Game of Thrones OOC and Chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Star Killer View Post
    I think the problem with Minor houses is the fact that people consider them minor. The best example I can think of is when last game Kara became kind of inactive and I just had a higher income then he did, and my Leves were the same so essentially I was filling in the gap. If I wanted to I could have bought a crap ton of Mercenarys and just quickly taken Pyke, killed his family, and I would essentially have ruled the Iron Islands. No one would really have been abole to stop me and I would have just called a Kingsmoot if my power was questioned. Yet I was still treated as a minor house. I think we need to have people open up there minds. aAs for stuff to do, people are to safe. They don't play there character well enough. I would love to have my heir, Tristifer, who is still a bachelor get into a bunch of love affiars with some lords ladys and have a bunch of people mad at him, or like when I offered to have the Baratheons obnoxious son tied up to my Longship and dragged in freezing cold water. I mean that would be awesome, but noooo! I mean come on people, have your chars do something other then be perfect, let them be gay, incest, do something bad, JUST DO SOMETHING. I'll even make Tristifer gay and say that his excessive ing of woman was just to compensate for something and hide it. Anyone wanna RP that with me? Hell I'm open to anything at this point.
    Because your house is made up...
    That and you took over two of the most important Islands for doing virtually nothing.

Star Killer's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Balin son of Fundin View Post
    Because your house is made up...
    That and you took over two of the most important Islands for doing virtually nothing.
    The Botleys exist, they're actually pretty influential and I got Harlaw. Great Wyk was awarded for me for raiding Dorne and uh well you see we had this whole plan that I made up. Basically if the Boltons had taken the North we'd have pretty much been in the money but oh well. Here is the wiki article for them.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Botley

They've had some pretty influential members such as Tristifer who was with Asha and is now with Stannis.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

House Botley is real, but Star Killer gave them lands they do not control.
    In the lore, they just sit on Lordsport and do nothing.

I honestly tried to start in Lordsport and work my way up but the mods wouldn't let me. =P

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

That is why you dont get as much rp
    I have seen Harlaw players do very well in game

If I had the chance I would change to Harlaw. I didn't even know it existed at the the time. Would the mods let me just change the name of all my characterts to Harlaw and edit the stories a little?

Hey does anyone want to have an house alliance thrugh marriage, ward or something else? I need something to get me involved in mainland politics, I was hoping the MoS position would do that but we all know how that worked out.

Well it depends on how it's done as far as minor houses, last game I was in I was the hand and the Reyne player was the master of coin. I had Greystark in a position to try to come into providence by playing mediator and bettering relationships between the Stormlands and the reach. If I was you, I would have been trying to take the LP of the Iron Islands lol. My house is far from perfect I have an anti social heir (not atypical antisocial but popular interpretation) a narcissistic youngest son, a bastard idk how to play yet, and a cousin that loves to test the power of suggestion lol.

When I was the Lannisters, I ran the westerlands like it was its own kingdom. Made a Reyne my commander of the southern border and another commander of my navy. It depends who the LP is and how they rp I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Star Killer View Post
    Hey does anyone want to have an house alliance thrugh marriage, ward or something else? I need something to get me involved in mainland politics, I was hoping the MoS position would do that but we all know how that worked out.
    Your still married to Greystark so be quiet and make dinner lol

Lol, poor Tristifer is a bachelor and I have 14 Year old and a 10 year old I need to marry off. And of course poor old Tristifer. Would you be intrested? The foundation is already there when your char talked with Arryn. We could it for an alliance or something.

Well now the Shield Islands have a lord. First time I've played a house that wasn't the Ironborn.
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

@Zeus looking at your chars I see you have a 27 year old which is perfect as Tristifer is in his mid thirties.

Idk right now you've caught her at a bad time.....there's another man lol

Who is it? My guy will challenge him to a duel a cut his balls off lol. :p

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Hey guys, I have proof of Pinkerton's idiocy now

I'm an idiot, and it is ing Sunday

How do the province upgrades and stuff work now?
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

That would be interesting since its the tyrell heir lol

Alright, I will send Tristifer over to you and challenge the Tyrell to a duel, winner gets the girl. Deal?

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

Okay guys

I'm ready to be stoned to death

BUT I THINK THE TRADE SYSTEM IS OVERPOWERED, AND CREATES A MONOPOLY BETWEEN THE RICHEST PLAYERS. AND I BELIEVE IT SHOULD BE TOTALLY SCRAPPED AND THE ARKENSTONE (BF) ALSO THINKS LIKE ME

Pink has a point.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca