Thread: Crossroads Saloon: OOC chat.

Default Re: Crossroads Saloon: OOC chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Damien View Post
    But you are also Red name and like a Gaming staff Admin . So who would say No to that . Kidding But it sometimes looks like Mods control all the important things and the rest are minor Lords or Lords that have no real power lol
    Clagius isn't a mod and he is an LP. Same with watercress and Wasser.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    the same as everyone else?

And no, because 1 we have just started, 2 the Lannisters are important, and 3 we cannot just say they have just dissappeared.
    Eh At times it feels the odds are against those that do not have connections to the mods or are not mods themselves. But Eh again I said it could be me that only sees that and maybe I just got to speak up more and ask for things. Eh it was just a thought

Why are the Lannisters always important . One day I want to see another House become just as important as they are. Maybe another house could also take over their lands and do what they do in Ck2 and eliminate the house . But maybe that can happen later on. Again just my thoughts
    Manius Domitius Labeo- Tribune of the Plebs
    Marcelo Ferrington -Archbishop of England (( GSTK
    House Reyne - Lords of Catamere (( GOT ))

I think it would be wrong to let the Lannisters dissappear because they are a House with rich history, a sort of face and heavy involvement in the Lore of Westeros. Thus, if removed, only by good RP, because we would otherwise loose attractive RP-Possibilities. In my mind at least.

--

Another thing, what do you think about another building for the Bull's Wares, namely a brothel? Adding income and stability perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    Clagius isn't a mod and he is an LP. Same with watercress and Wasser.
    But they are friends of mods . I just needed to get that off my chest.. It just feels that way at times. Not saying it was true but at times it feels like that.

Wheatley's Avatar Primicerius

Their word is law. They mod. But it is hard ti get into the game if you aren't a veteran.

If you wanted to remove the Lannisters in this game, it would basically unravel a lot of the RP. The king would suddenly lose his biggest supporter while a lot of the intrigue and plotting suddenly doesn't make sense.

But they are friends of mods . I just needed to get that off my chest.. It just feels that way at times. Not saying it was true but at times it feels like that.
    Are they? And how do you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    I didn't ask for an LP position, how did my name colour net me benefits I did not ask for?
    Name Color has a weird way of working

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Again, I started two weeks ago, not a vet: the game is what you make of it. I've schemed and politicked Harmund Lefford to where he is!

You got like 15k posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
    Their word is law. They mod. But it is hard ti get into the game if you aren't a veteran.
    That also, If you are not a veteran of a restart or played in the Rpg before, Its hard for you to do anything. That is also a good point. I am not complaining about mods, I am just saying how I feel about some things when it comes to who gets what. But again it just a feeling, Not saying anything bad or I dont like it. But at times it feels like that.

That also, If you are not a veteran of a restart or played in the Rpg before, Its hard for you to do anything. That is also a good point. I am not complaining about mods, I am just saying how I feel about some things when it comes to who gets what. But again it just a feeling, Not saying anything bad or I dont like it. But at times it feels like that.
    You can't really say that. I have played for about two weeks now and I just got one my characters sons married to the Princess of Dorne. It really depends on how you RP and to a lesser extent the House you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Again, I started two weeks ago, not a vet: the game is what you make of it. I've schemed and politicked Harmund Lefford to where he is!
    If My char even thought of doing that, He would be killed on the spot even if it was Good Role playing he would be killed. it has happened to me before that just because I wanted to try something. My char either gets captured or killed for no good reason but maybe because the odds were against me. Hence why I hardly do anything now because who knows I could get targeted again because I want to try something out lol

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Well my character is alive so far and he's had secret conversations of an almost treasonous nature with the House that the King is most suspicious of right now. I really don't get why you think the barrier to new players is so high: I didn't experience one at all.

There is a barrier but it depends on when new players enter. If they enter mid game then it really is hard to play but if they enter at a restart then it is a lot easier. I choose to enter the game at a restart after observing for six months. The entry was pretty easy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Honors Bastion View Post
    There is a barrier but it depends on when new players enter. If they enter mid game then it really is hard to play but if they enter at a restart then it is a lot easier. I choose to enter the game at a restart after observing for six months. The entry was pretty easy for me.
    I entered at Restart also, But maybe it was because I had to choose a house that everyone hates. But then again that was a easy house for me to choose though because I am still learning about game of thrones and how everything works.

Everyone hates? I seem to have searched for allies where no one wants me. Who wants ti be allies to house Bolton anyway... So far north... And I am ****** plotter. I just try to get a big levy and be ready for when the North goes down on the south or tje others arrive.

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If you think friends of mods get advantages, why don't you start working with the mods or trying to befriend them? The main thing that will get you far in this RPG is good RP ability and a good sense. If you go off your rocker in the game and do an amazing RP of your rebellion of the Westerlands you'll get more respect than if you sit in here complaining. Veterans tend to be more involved because there is a big history of people joining and then leaving for whatever reason, or going of their rocker RP wise. If you prove to be a stead fast player who won't quit unless you have to and will give solid RP you'll get better positions.
    Plus, the RP is what you make of it. Go around to different houses for trade agreements, talk to a random lord at the coronation, make an event, hold a feast, do something to get involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
    Everyone hates? I seem to have searched for allies where no one wants me. Who wants ti be allies to house Bolton anyway... So far north... And I am ****** plotter. I just try to get a big levy and be ready for when the North goes down on the south or tje others arrive.
    Nah, most of it is Bolton prejudice from reading the books. You need to get down and make deals if you want allies. Also, as the Starks I can sincerely say that there is no plan to go down South for the foreseeable future in this RPG, 10 years is the period I can guarantee depending on events, and most likely longer.
    Although, happy plotting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Nah, most of it is Bolton prejudice from reading the books. You need to get down and make deals if you want allies. Also, as the Starks I can sincerely say that there is no plan to go down South for the foreseeable future in this RPG, 10 years is the period I can guarantee depending on events, and most likely longer.
    Although, happy plotting.
    And furthermore I would like to admit, that Bolton ploting is very difficult, especially when going against the Starks. Most players stay normaly loyal to their liege lord and in a case of no war between different factions a rebellion is nearly impossible without allies.
    Also, I would work on your appearance. As you may have seen on Dragonstone it doesn't work when you try to persuade a woman to marry her, because the father forced the son to do so. Even interested lords would become irritated when seeing this. Just a hint.

I see, will have to make the best of it siimply. Almost every goal for each minor house would be to take the LP's place. It is about as far as you can go.