Page 16 of 473 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166116 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossroads Saloon: OOC chat.

Nesimî's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Game of Thrones OOC and Chat thread

Gandy and Pink, do you guys both want to play your old characters? If yes I'll start the rping to talk to them.

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Thrain View Post
    Gandy and Pink, do you guys both want to play your old characters? If yes I'll start the rping to talk to them.
    Yep, it will be a nice cameo

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Hey Pink, care to see me at the Red Keep?

Those pirates have fleas, you know.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Pink I'm going to talk to Lyanna in a minute so be ready

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

I won't be as active today and tomorrow in comparison to the last few days.
    Lots of homework due on Monday.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by The Arkenstone View Post
    I won't be as active today and tomorrow in comparison to the last few days.
    Lots of homework due on Monday.
    Same i'll jump in between assiments

White Walker's Avatar Ten points from Gryffindor

Default Re: Player Roll Call

literally the only thing ive posted in weeks is updating my financial page. if someone wants Dondarrion, feel free to claim it. the fact is is that for minor lords, there isnt really much to do, unless the larger lords hold tourneys, hunts, weddings, or start wars. i was getting so bored i was thinking of starting a Blackhaven revolution to create my own little kingdom, just because i had nothing else to do besides an almost-war between the Stormlands and Dorne.

White walker, I love me some vassals! Join me and engage in fun rp and warfare if it's had and if your people can be trusted!

The way I have my house set up I and of itself allows for minor controversy you could partake in as well as the dondarions.
    Last edited by Zeus Almighty; January 06, 2013 at 12:16 AM.

haha i bet. what happened to the other baratheon vassals? i wasn't the only one, and if im not mistaken there were two others. and i'm not sure its worth it anymore, all my threads have been deleted. i'm afraid i'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. consider the halls of Blackhaven empty, and the house of Dondarrion extinct, until some long lost cousin can take up its banner.

That's not how it works ; they'll just be generic NPCs if ever needed

ah well, either way.

Anyway, sorry to see you go.

The problem, as you said, with minor houses, is that it gets very boring.
    They're only entertaining when the big players cause wars or big events that require shows of prowess, heroism, or just plain violence.
    Which is problematic, as everyone's characters seek peace in the end.
    It's a huge flaw with the GoT setting.

its a pretty gaping hole in the way the role play turns out because after a while the minor lords will stop caring about the politics and all that (which makes GoT so good) and just start trolling everyone by doing what i was going to, namely causing revolts and establishing their own kingdoms just because they can.

I've been trying to think of some ways to occupy minor lords without senseless war, and I'm having trouble.
    Tournaments don't do it very well, especially tournament after tournament.

I think it would help if vassals would make their families less faithful towards the Lord Paramounts, in the same way the Lord Paramounts always plot against the King.

But that'll get annoying for the LPs having constantly untrustworthy vassals(meaning they may end up being more reluctant to rp with them), and not all always plot against the King.

Maybe have event rolls per region instead of one for the entire game?

Only in the same way the King has to deal with unfaithful Lord Paramounts.

My point is, just be less complacent I suppose. Complacency and loyalty is cool because it's good, but it means you sit there and do nothing.

Regional events might help.
    Perhaps encouraging minor houses to have feuds with each other and such could help too.

the last Lord Baratheon, Snape, had a hunt that was fun but it was short. weddings seem popular as rp events and political alliances. and i agree on that point. in the books the larger lords all have their own agenda. there was a little bit of the political plotting within the royal family last time, between the brother and sister. but being a lesser lord, the kings death impacted me very little and all i simply did was show up and stand in the back of the room with a riverlord vassal as the king died and announced the heir.

The cause of this is:

1) a massive realm

2) a 3-point feudal system, with a huge gap between the second and third tiers.

GRRM didn't create Westeros for feudalism games; minor houses are mostly in his books simply to fill up all the spaces for lore. He's one of those writers that leaves nothing untouched.
    If Westeros was made for a game, the tiers of the political pyramid would have their pros and cons, coming out as three (or more) interesting positions.

EDIT: Oh and let's not forget that Westerosi history is a lot of peace with a few wars thrown in random places.
    Doesn't leave much room for a constantly warring state.
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; January 06, 2013 at 01:01 AM.

thats exactly it. theres no real point to even making the lesser lords playable characters, as they do just "fill up all the spaces for lore." i think the GoT universe is a poor one to make an RPG because there are too many players.

Edit: yes thats true too. its long winters where no one can fight, and long summers where everyone would rather drink Arbor Gold. haha

Nesimî's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Bäįń øf dįšhøńør View Post
    Do you think I would have decided to do so and take it to my King if I thought otherwise? Noone knows better than we Baratheons the history of loss between us and Dorne. No realm save the Reach could possibly imagine the struggle our lands have suffered with Dorne. It is not without penance and stipulation that I give it back. I wish to propose to the Prince something unprecedented. If it can be done, and it will or Dorne does not get Wyl back, I will make Wyl the first hybrid city of both the Kingdoms and Dorne ever. They will keep its income, and lordship. However forbidden to raise and train levies. Furthermore, because they will not maintain levies, the Stormlands will station troops there as a standing army and police force, only to serve as levies and akin to your city watch to maintain peace. The leader of those forces shall be one of my chosing. So those are the terms I hope to make with the Dornish. They keep the city but it's grip is still militarily held by us. After laying out his thoughts, which he was wroth do do in front of the woman, he smiled in contentment.
    This proposal from Mr. Baratheon is both unfulfilling and insulting. The Dornish people will not be content to smile and accept while our own occupied territory is opened to us as a child is offered candy by an adult.

We do not want to see this occupation and the illegal settlements. We want the peace of the brave for our children and for their children, for a bright future where they can live and learn side by side, in peace, security and tranquility.

This is what we want. This is what has been approved by our Dornish nation, in its Dornish summits. This is what we have promised our people and pledged to achieve, Gods willing.

This is what the world expects from the peace of the brave that I signed with my late partner Rhaenyra who paid with her life for this peace.