Page 1 of 473 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossroads Saloon: OOC chat.

Default Crossroads Saloon: OOC chat.

Here you guys can make OOC questions and talk of OOC things. But REMEMBER the rules If I see any arguments here, I will delete them without further ado and independent of what the person thinks of it. You have a problem, talk to the Mod Team... And suffice to say that nothing said here can be used In Game.

Da Rule regarding OOC -

-OOC
    There shall be NO OOC squabling over things nor should the mere smell of OOC information being used be present. Believe me, it KILLS the game. Problems should be directed to the MODS and resolved in this fashion Offended Player----> Mod Team ----> Offending Player. The two should NOT have any contact in manner of offense and blows. Any post of the sort should be deleted without further warning and the mod team ask the player to talk to them instead of the player
    Enjoy
    Last edited by Gandalfus; April 07, 2013 at 07:28 AM.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Default Re: Game of Thrones OOC and Chat thread

NOOOO i had like 750 posts in the other ooc...
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

I had like 2000

Ummm I might have had 100 or so lol

Now i must spam this thread so that i am second in amount of posts again!

For the record if I do end up keeping the Greystarks I would like it to where they because akin in reputation and regard as a florent, Bolton, Lefford, type. Not quite as powerful as the hightowers or wealthy as the Redwynes but you get where I'm goin.

Tssss... spamers. :p
    Who seriously cares about post counts in this thread?

(+1)

A rudimentary castle town upgrade system has been set up. Check the shop thread.

Lol btw, have we written off the Boltons officially? Or shall we wait to hear from Balin to see what he would have done?

Edited- I vote to combine the castle upgrades with what you just put up.

Eg- castle/town 1 upgrade
    Upgrade Towers, Walls, +1 seige defense
    Castle/town 2 upgrade
    Upgrade Market Place, +10% income
    Blah
    Blah
    Blah
    This way the type of upgrade is RPable by said owner. If they already hold a large castle, no need to say they bought a wooden palisade upgrade. Just my thoughts
    Last edited by Zeus Almighty; January 02, 2013 at 09:04 AM.

Ganbarenippon's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Thrór View Post
    A rudimentary castle town upgrade system has been set up. Check the shop thread.
    I like it! Would this apply to a Lord's entire holdings or would it apply province by province? e.g. You could choose to upgrade Lannisport or Casterley Rock, or you would automatically upgrade each of these provinces when you buy one upgrade.

Well, for Bolton the future is very open now.
    As said Amory and his wife died in RPG during the cold winter and I quite doubt that the son is willing to continiue the intrigue his father began without his knowledge.

In fact Trot can argue with treason of the whole family, however, the children didn't know about their father's plans and weren't concipated as radical as Amory. Derya has also a son with Weymar as far as I know so the "Arryn-Boltons" won't die out soon at the Eyrie. And Stannis... well, was a child at this time and the squire of Weymar. So he would be the last one knowing about any intrigue and just living his life at the Eyrie.

Only Roose has to loose his life and heritage by the fault of his father. And then there is the question if there would have been a wedding with the Mallister daughter even after the events in the North.
    Roose was the only one who thought that father may have a plan to replace the Starks, but he believed it would happen by another incident of the Starks. If he would have known about the way Amory went - he may have even killed his father to gain back the honor of House Bolton and to show the realm his loyality though he can't stand out the arrogance of Rodrick Stark.

Well, kind of ironic that only a Bolton named Roose would suffer from this whole tragedy. This would have been the way I would have ended the conflict if it was needed and the way my characters are argueing.
    Amory for example had to be the bad guy, because he blamed the Stark secretly for most of his dead ancestors and he also heard from the time before Aegon I. landed in Westeros by his grandfather. These Boltons were the last who followed the Old ways and the unforgivable blood rivalry between Bolton and Stark.

And yeah, I had a concept behind each of my characters.

edit: And I also agree with Zeus and Gabb about the upgrade system.

Btw I think assassins should be weakened in the game to prevent an outdying Targaryen family tree. Or at least we should abolish nearly successful assassins like the Faceless Man fromthe RPG. From my point of view it's too easy to kill important persons in RPG secretly by having the most money or high skilled characters like Mrs. Bethany Hunter and it's also causing a lot of trouble if there aren't better worked out rules.
    But that's just my opinion, if you have another point of view it's okay. I'll listen to it and not complain if you think it should stay as it is.
    Last edited by Lord Dread; January 02, 2013 at 09:18 AM.

Lol nyce. So I'll let that be ironed out by others then lol.

Oh, also; i think spies should be abolished, or at least that if one wants to spy on something he has to request a roll right at the start of a conversation or meeting, instead of request it when the bad words are spoken. Also, one has to have a valid IC reason to spy one someone else like with the assassins. Just my opinion on spying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganbarenippon View Post
    I like it! Would this apply to a Lord's entire holdings or would it apply province by province? e.g. You could choose to upgrade Lannisport or Casterley Rock, or you would automatically upgrade each of these provinces when you buy one upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dread View Post
    Well, for Bolton the future is very open now.
    As said Amory and his wife died in RPG during the cold winter and I quite doubt that the son is willing to continiue the intrigue his father began without his knowledge.

In fact Trot can argue with treason of the whole family, however, the children didn't know about their father's plans and weren't concipated as radical as Amory. Derya has also a son with Weymar as far as I know so the "Arryn-Boltons" won't die out soon at the Eyrie. And Stannis... well, was a child at this time and the squire of Weymar. So he would be the last one knowing about any intrigue and just living his life at the Eyrie.

Only Roose has to loose his life and heritage by the fault of his father. And then there is the question if there would have been a wedding with the Mallister daughter even after the events in the North.
    Roose was the only one who thought that father may have a plan to replace the Starks, but he believed it would happen by another incident of the Starks. If he would have known about the way Amory went - he may have even killed his father to gain back the honor of House Bolton and to show the realm his loyality though he can't stand out the arrogance of Rodrick Stark.

Well, kind of ironic that only a Bolton named Roose would suffer from this whole tragedy. This would have been the way I would have ended the conflict if it was needed and the way my characters are argueing.
    Amory for example had to be the bad guy, because he blamed the Stark secretly for most of his dead ancestors and he also heard from the time before Aegon I. landed in Westeros by his grandfather. These Boltons were the last who followed the Old ways and the unforgivable blood rivalry between Bolton and Stark.

And yeah, I had a concept behind each of my characters.

edit: And I also agree with Zeus and Gabb about the upgrade system.

Btw I think assassins should be weakened in the game to prevent an outdying Targaryen family tree. Or at least we should abolish nearly successful assassins like the Faceless Man fromthe RPG. From my point of view it's too easy to kill important persons in RPG secretly by having the most money or high skilled characters like Mrs. Bethany Hunter and it's also causing a lot of trouble if there aren't better worked out rules.
    But that's just my opinion, if you have another point of view it's okay. I'll listen to it and not complain if you think it should stay as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    Oh, also; i think spies should be abolished, or at least that if one wants to spy on something he has to request a roll right at the start of a conversation or meeting, instead of request it when the bad words are spoken. Also, one has to have a valid IC reason to spy one someone else like with the assassins. Just my opinion on spying.

@Gan: yep. Only counts for one province unless you buy two sets
    Agreed. I shall agree with any proposal that balances spies.

Hmm, I would be pleasant with it, if only the persuading skill of the player and the provability of the things the spy has seen would count in situations like the one we had. It angered me when reading the spy report in KL that the spy told the MoW things he couldn't really proove and that there were no further investigations of the intrigue like interrogations of Rhaenyra and Amory by the side of King's Landing to discover the truth.

If it's more realistic I wouldn't have any problems with spies in the future. Abolishing them sounds a little bit too harsh.

I'm with ya, but here's my catch, I don't think you might actually NEED an IC reason. What if your just paranoid and you want to know what the others around you are u to? Although I guess it could be said no matter how convoluted said reason is as long as there is one.... But I would agree with saying you must have hired a spy before any given conversation.

Eg- lord such and such is acting suspicious, spy on them for me. In which case said spy tails them for X period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bäįń øf dįšhøńør View Post
    I'm with ya, but here's my catch, I don't think you might actually NEED an IC reason. What if your just paranoid and you want to know what the others around you are u to? Although I guess it could be said no matter how convoluted said reason is as long as there is one.... But I would agree with saying you must have hired a spy before any given conversation.

Eg- lord such and such is acting suspicious, spy on them for me. In which case said spy tails them for X period of time.
    That would be a good idea. I would also add an amount of yearly payment for spys to prevent people in RPG to randomly spy out people over a whole decade just for seeing them to make one foolish step.
    It musn't be a large amount of dragons and even if you check the bank vaults, only moderation should know who is spied by whom to check if a spy was sent out by a person to XY before or not when something happens.

And the payment would make sense because I've never seen a spy before who just lived from breathing fresh air.

You already pay spies.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrór View Post
    You already pay spies.
    Okay, then my argument is of course already included into Zeus' proposal.
    Have totally forgotten about that.

Ganbarenippon's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hmm...what about just hiring a spy like one would hire a soldier? You then have to move them to a thread and state so in a PM to a mod. (Designate one mod to keep track of the spy movements, note down [post number] the spy arrived in the thread and when they left, and as long as they are there do the usual spy rolls) Counter-spies (which everyone seems to forget we can hire) could work the same way.

Perhaps assassins could be player-only characters? I remember Shagga and Pink doing a really good assassination attempt RP a few games back and it really added to the game. It might also serve to add some more variety to the characters, especially if we make the rule like merchants and sellswords, that your nobles cannot hire your own assassin then it encourages RP too.