Page 1 of 46 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Divine Conquest CCMv2 Hotseat Reborn (Poland Open!)

Default Divine Conquest CCMv2 Hotseat Reborn (Poland Open!)

Hello, I am willing to host a Custom Campaign Mod 2 hotseat if there are enough of you interested. Please read all the information below if you want to join the game. I have updated a few of the rules from the previous Divine Conquest campaign hosted by Izob. Anyone can join. If somebody wants to co-admin the hotseat with me please send me a PM.

CAMPAIGN SPECS:
    Hotseat name: Divine Conquest.
    Mod: Custom Campaign mod with Hotseat Submod.
    Campaign: Alternate Campaign.
    Admin: Jado818.
    Start date: normal.
    Fog of War: on (see attachment).
    Difficulty: campaign very hard.
    Battles: auto-resolve only.
    Reload turns: acceptable.
    Factions: 22 (21 factions available to players).
    Historical events: run normally.
    Map updates: no.
    FACTION SELECTION:

• All factions are part of a set. A player may not select a faction from a set, if another player is already in that set. For example, if Mr Smith takes France, then no one can take England. When all sets all filled with at least one player, players can then select the remaining factions from any set. unplayable factions cannot be selected by players because they are considered over-powered.
    • Players can still select factions after the start of the game.
    • The game will start Wednesday August 29th.

Factions Turn Order:

1. Byzantine CROPrasec.
    2. Egypt Vasilefs.
    3. Poland open!
    4. Sicily Tonno (Dead or near dead).
    5. England Dr Mac.
    6. Aztecs Mithridate.
    7. Denmark Tonno.

Destroyed Factions

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Timurids Destroyed. Previous Owners: Completenoob
    Portugal Destroyed. Previous Owners: AI
    Moors Destroyed. Previous Owners: AI
    Hungary Destroyed. Previous Owners: AI
    Scotland Destroyed. Previous Owners: AI
    Turks Destroyed. Previous Owners: AI
    Spain Destroyed. Previous Owners: AI
    HRE Destroyed. Previous Owners: AI
    Russia Destroyed. Previous Owners: AI
    Venice Destroyed. Previous Owners: AI.
    Papal States Destroyed. Previous Owners: AI
    Milan Destroyed. Previous Owners: IZob.
    France Destroyed. Previous Owners: AI
    Mongols Destroyed. Previous Owners: AI

Installation:
    - Please follow the setup instructions here. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=159078

- Then follow the setup instructions here for the hotseat submod. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=531257

RULES:

-If someone suspects another player has broken a rule please report it to the admin through a private message, don't post it in the thread!

-Faction turn order has been rearranged. Weakest factions are first and strongest factions last.

-When your turn is over, notify the next person in the turn order via PM or visitor message.

Agents:
    - Assassins can only kill other assassins, spys, merchants, diplomats, princesses, and priests/imams/heretics.
    - Assassins cannot sabotage buildings when 3 or more units are inside the settlement.
    - Only 1 merchant can stand over each resource.
    - It's not allowed to spread the plague using spies

The following 5 notes are not rules. They are just general information on how agents work in the game.

- There are agent recruitment limits on spies and assassins.
    - Spies, assassins and merchant min success chances reduced to 0%
    - The effects of religious unrest have been doubled.
    - Bribing has been disabled.
    - The AI doesn't like to be gifted regions
    Battles and Siege units:
    All Battles will be Auto-Resolved.

Player VS Player battles must have screenshots. The battle pictures must include a mouse over the odds and results. In the case of a siege, the battle picture must show siege equipment and spies.

Attacking:
    - Heroic battles are not allowed. If you achieve a heroic battle, you must replay the battle to get a less OP result.
    -You are not allowed to sally out if you are defeated. Reload until you get a draw or a victory, or do not sally at all. This is to allow besieging armies the option to sack / exterminate a city.
    -Sacking / Extermination of cities is Allowed without restriction.

Siege on a settlement:
    - A minimum of 2 spies or 60% infiltration chance are required to open a cities gates.

Surrounding:
    - You cannot surround an enemy army/navy with 1 or 2 unit armies when attacking.

Fleets:
    - Fleets cannot transport/hold units while inside a dock.
    - Fleets cannot be attacked while inside a dock.
    Defeated Armies:
    -Defeated Armies/Navies are not allowed to move until the following turn.
    -Armies/Navies that are defeated in battle may not be attacked on the following
    turn , as they are banned from moving, either by the game mechanics or by the previous rule. The defeated army may be attacked before the following turn if they retreat to a settlement, fort, or is reinforced by new units.
    - If a defeated land unit moves inside a fleet, then at least one naval unit inside that fleet is also considered defeated that turn. The remaining naval units may move.
    - Defeated armies can be part of a battle but only as a defending army.
    Towers and Forts:
    - Factions can construct a maximum of 2 forts in each of their owned regions. If a region already has 2 forts, the faction owner cannot build another fort in that region, even if they do not own one or both of the current forts.
    - Forts can be placed on top of resources.
    - If a fort is over a resource, only 1 merchant can be inside the fort.

The following 3 note are just general information on forts.
    - Increased fort cost to 5000.
    - Forts are permanent wooden forts.
    - Forts have 1 free upkeep unit.
    Papal States:
    - Papal States are not automatically supported by the other catholic factions.
    - There is no College of Cardinals.
    - Alliances with the Papal States are allowed.
    Settlements:
    Destroyed buildings:
    - You cannot destroy any port types.
    - You must occupy a settlement for 2 turns before you can destroy buildings.
    - Only 1 building can be destroyed per turn in a settlement.

Receiving a settlement from another faction:
    - When you receive a region from another faction (by trade, or a gift) you must disband all units within the settlement except for 1 unit. This unit may not move for 1 turn but it can contribute in battles if it is still inside the settlement.
    - You cannot give regions to the AI unless it is in a peace offer.

Gifting Settlements:
    - You may only trade or gift 1 region per 2 turns.
    - You are not allowed to gift a region that is in a war zone (bordering by land a faction you are at war) to another faction. You may gift a region that is not in a war zone if you have controlled that settlement for 3 turns (including the turn captured).

Settlement revolt:
    - After gaining a settlement by a revolt ("rebellion against another faction") you may use all of the units inside that settlement as normal on the same turn.
    Crusades and Jihads:
    - Crusades and Jihads are disabled.

Turns, Reloading and Subbing turns:
    - You can reload your turn.
    - You have 24 hours to play your turn, from the time it is released.
    - If you know your going to be away in the future, organize a person to sub your faction.
    - If a player is repeatedly late for their turns they may be booted at the discretion of the administrator and other players.
    Purposely Killing your faction:
    - You cannot intentionally kill off your faction for any reason. Examples of killing your faction: leaving settlements vulnerable to invasion when your faction has obvious capabilities to defend its settlements or giving away your income to another faction or killing off family members in a irresponsible manner or using no units to defend the faction etc ....
    - Players will be kicked if this rule is broken.
    - A turn may be replayed if this rule is broken.
    Allowed Bugs:
    - No Bugs are allowed.

STARTING PLACES:

Finally:
    Rules can be changed at any time by the Admin. Players/Admins will vote for or against rules. Breaking any rule will incur an appropriate punishment and may lead to being kicked from the game. Unmentioned exploits are also banned. You can quit the hotseat at any time.

Please appreciate the work in setting this hotseat up and respect fellow players (even if they betray agreements). Roleplaying is acceptable, as long as it is not personal. Please read the TWC rules. Joining this hotseat, you agree to all rules. Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!
    Last edited by IZob; February 19, 2013 at 08:44 PM.

Default Re: Divine Conquest CCMv2 Hotseat Reborn

I'd like to add a reward for roleplaying to the hotseat.

Instead of rewarding people for roleplaying every turn I think a reward every 5~10 turns for the best roleplayed story would be better.

That way people aren't worried about roleplaying every turn but rather roleplaying better stories.

Ill join, not sure what faction though...
    Moors for now
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Tonno's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I might join... Kind a busy right now, so I need to give it a thought.

Would love to have you along Tonno. Hopefully you have time in the future

I'm thinking I'll pick my faction fifth, that way I pick from the group of factions nobody wanted. Then it will open up all the other faction groups again.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I would've joined if I wasn't in too many already...

PS Why don't you use the CCM2HS submod instead?????
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=531257

UK made it for the community but no hotseat here uses it

That does seem like an interesting submod, I'd love playing with it.

It seems to have built in tools for keeping people honest also.

I made this thread mainly to see if there was interest in another hotseat campaign. It's no problem if there isn't enough interest to start the hotseat right away. I can always come back to it at a later date.

On the other hand, we can still talk about the rules and setup while playing other hotseats for the time being. Then when those hotseats end maybe people will join up here for something new and different.

SlartyBartfast's Avatar Decanus

I'd like to try England. Thanks, Jado818.
    "Huh?"

Ok I added the information about the hotseat 2 submod.

There are more faction specific changes on the hotseat 2 submod link but I added the general information to the original post.

One nice thing about the submod is the factions are reordered from weakest to strongest for the turn order.

Also papal states are now an open faction!!

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by vipman View Post
    I would've joined if I wasn't in too many already...

PS Why don't you use the CCM2HS submod instead?????

UK made it for the community but no hotseat here uses it
    I will join this game if we can use CCM2. It is perfect for hotseats, we should make use of it.

Also I am flattered that you are using my rules . But I suggest you take a small review over them and think if they are appropriate for the game.
    "Do not place towers over water." Lots of people complained about that rule. Mostly because the players didn't notice it in the first place, and thought it was too 'picky'. It is also an irreversible move (unless you replay the turn, which is not fun to do).
    "- Factions can construct a maximum of 2 forts in each of their owned regions. If a region already has 2 forts, the faction owner cannot build another fort in that region, even if they do not own one or both of the current forts." Some regions are very large and have higher populations. Instead of having a standard number of forts per region. The number of forts to each region should be proportionate to things like: the regions settlement population, or the number of units in the region ... etc.
    "-For the Crusades there is a special rule, on the 20th turn since the previous crusade, only the Human catholic faction with the highest papal favor can call for a crusade that turn. 21 turns after the previous crusade any catholic faction can call the crusade. This is to not give the first catholic faction in the turnorder control over the crusades." This rule definition seems a bit complex and confusing. Could it be simplified, easier to understand?

And another rule note, commenting the bottom part of your post:
    Roleplaying is acceptable, as long as it is not personal.
    Insults amongst role-playing has been an issue in the past. Game staff will be enforcing some sort of policy in the future. For the moment, this will do:

Insults and other such foul language MUST be followed by a clear stating to whom it was addressed, Faction Leader's name (King John, King Richard II, Emperor Blah Blah the third, etc...). You will never, in TWC or TWC hosted games, insult players or forum members.

And I will take Milan if that's ok
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Nice to have you aboard Izob.

I added the information for the CCM2 sub mod. It looks well thought out and I think it will make the game more enjoyable.

With the CCM2 hotseat, it would make the papal states a playable faction so Crusades and Jihads would be disabled. The complex rule would no longer be needed.

I'm ok with removing a limit on forts completely. What do you think Mithridate and Slartybartfast?

With forts costing 5000 gold to construct I think that is a limiting enough factor in their usage. A limit like 4 or 5 forts might keep things from getting out of hand though.

Tonno's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If we will use updated CCM2 count me in for sure... This "update" needs more testing and I like it, and I want it, and I need it.

@Izob
    So you wana play???

CCM2 has allowed cursades and Jihads.

In the last ccm2 by the turn 30 without the money I was giveing to byz I could effort so much forts that I would totaly be able to block regions like Tunis and Sicily. Fort limit should be on, number depends on what players say. I would still stay at number 2.

I can understand what Izob is saying about the large regions needing more forts.

How about we just raise the fort limit up to 3?

I'll make a game with the new hotseat submod and poke around with it a bit today. One of the features says crusades / jihad disabled. I'll test it out to make sure.

Vasilefs's Avatar Domesticus

Maybe it is good moment for my return to hotseating,soon(one week at most)Ill have more free time,and I hope Ill be able to take part.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tonno View Post
    @Izob
    So you wana play???
    Yes.

@forts & campaigns,

I don't mind the mod's current set up of forts. They cost a lot of money to build and only give free upkeep to one unit. So I would remove this rule, and play the mod as it is:
    - Factions can construct a maximum of 2 forts in each of their owned regions. If a region already has 2 forts, the faction owner cannot build another fort in that region, even if they do not own one or both of the current forts.
    As for crusades/jihads its imo that we should not use them at all. I've always felt that they cause more problems then fun, fair game tactics.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

I've been poking around with the new submod a bit.

Crusades and Jihads are in fact disabled.

The faction turn order is set up from weakest to strongest. Meaning the weakest faction goes first, and the strongest faction goes last. Some people may be surprised by the order ;p

I'm going to update the starting position map now, It has been changed with the new submod.

It is accurate though, I have looked at the different starting armies, treasury , land holdings, and starting position of each faction. This is an accurate representation.

Turn order will be

1. Moors (weakest)
    2. Portugal
    3. Hungary
    4. Scotland
    5. Turks
    6. Byzantine
    7. Spain
    8. Mongols
    9. Timurids
    10. Egypt
    11. France
    12. Holy Roman Empire
    13. Poland
    14. Russia
    15. Milan
    16. Venice
    17. Sicily
    18. Papal States
    19. England
    20. Denmark
    21. Aztec Empire (strongest)

CROPrasec's Avatar Decanus

what kind of mod is it?

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Some suggestions about the rules:

In CCM2HS there are these:
    Hotseat Options (yes/no historical event):

- Disable destroying buildings
    - Disable ballista
    - Disable sabotage buildings
    - Generate heroic victory messages
    - Generate heroic naval victory messages
    - Generate destroyed port messages
    - Generate assassinate abroad messages
    Depending which you will enable or not you'll have to change/remove some rules. You already have to remove this:
    Assassins can only kill other assassins, spys, merchants, diplomats, princesses, and priests/imams/heretics.
    because the game itself disabled assassins to kill anything but agents (and captains maybe). You could add if you want that it's not allowed to kill princesses because they are FM's...
    If you disable sabotage/disable destroying buildings then remove the rules about them.
    I'd suggest enabling the first 3 generate messages in the list, and unless you add the rule that allows assassination only in your regions (which I oppose), then don't enable last option.

About other rules:
    - Why did you add part from the list of changes in CCM2HS to the agent rules? They're not rules. Talking about these
    - There are recruitment limits to assassins and spies.
    - The effects of religious unrest have been doubled.
    - Bribing is disabled. AI does not like to be gifted regions.
    On rule about sallying out i want to say I didn't 'invent' it, i know invicta added this rule first maybe, but not sure if he discovered it

A siege must stand for 2 full turns before you can assault the settlement.
    WHAT?WHERE? And especially, WHY IN THE HELL????? I see no f-ing reason....

" Do not place towers over water." Just remove this rule...... It just sucks...... Towers are not placed over water, it's just graphics that put it to a side,i'd bet my life it matters just the tile, there is no half a tile more to a side to see... Or did this rule disable putting watchtowers on all coast tiles??? Then why?

Forts are permanent so no turning back... I think 2 per region is enough. How about 2nd fort being allowed to construct in a region when settlement becomes a fortress/city? Or a 3rd fort if you want 3 per region.
    Increased fort cost to 5000.
    - Forts are permanent wooden forts.
    - Forts have 1 free upkeep unit.
    These aren't rules... Who wants to know reads the thread of the submod used....
    Papal States:
    - Papal States are not supported by other catholic factions.
    - There is no College of Cardinals.
    Papals are a faction like any so why not be able to ally it? 2nd is not a rule, so just remove this section of rules.
    - You may only trade or gift 1 region per 2 turns.
    I don't like to limit trading regions, this should be removed as it makes no sense... It's player's business with his deals in trading regions and shouldn't be limited; it's already forbidden to give regions in war zone and it's forbidden by common sense to give away regions when dying or trading regions to gain units. These should be punished without rules about them...
    Crusades and Jihads:
    - Crusades and Jihads are disabled.
    Then just remove this section from the rules!
    And you put a rule 2 times:
    You can place forts over resources, but only one merchant may be inside the fort.

- If a fort is over a resource, only 1 merchant can be inside the fort.
    In agent, respectively fort rules.

PS Did you edit some rules at 2:02 ??
    Last edited by Vipman; August 22, 2012 at 06:41 PM.

Those parts that aren't rules I just added so people could have more information on the hotseat. I could rearrange the Original post a bit to separate information from rules.

I updated the starting map.

With the AI not liking to accept gifted regions the region trading rule could be looked at.

The papal states rule has already been removed. Anybody can ally the papal states. They are just a normal faction.

The purpose of the siege rule is to make sieges last longer. However, if somebody has the appropriate siege equipment they can attack straight away.

Here are the siege weapons

Siege Weapons:
    - Balista weapons can only be used against Wooden Walls or lower.
    - Catapults and Mangonels can only be used against Stone Walls or lower.
    - Trebuchets and Gunpowder weapons can be used against all wall types.

I don't see much support for the watch tower over water rule so I will remove that.

Sorry for any confusion, I just started working in the CCM2HS submod rules today and am updating the rules still. Nothing is set in stone yet so If you have concerns please mention them. We can talk about the rules and come to an understanding before the game starts.
    Last edited by jado818; August 22, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CROPrasec View Post
    what kind of mod is it?

The game is based on the custom campaign mod. More information about that can be found here.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=485

The CCM2HS submod adds some features specifically for hotseats to make the game more challenging for human versus human games.

More information on the custom campaign hotseat sub mod can be found here.

Some general information if that this helps. The hotseat is based on the vanilla medieval total war 2 map.

The game starts at the year 1080. There are 112 regions. Historical events run normally except for the timurids , mongols, and aztecs are playable from the beginning. The turn orders have been rearranged from weakest to strongest.

No faction is over powered at the start. Ie. the mongols don't have 10 stacks of armies or anything crazy like that.

Page 1 of 46 123456789101126 ... LastLast