Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Onna Bushi Katana !

Aigaion's Avatar Foederatus

Default Onna Bushi Katana !

Hello Cummunity !

First of all, let me thank all of the people that downloaded my previous mod named "Mangonels_Mod", I really appreciate to see how much my work pleases to you guys ! Thanks a lot ! Let's go for my new mod !

------Introducing------

Onna Bushi Katana mod brings a brand new unit to the battlefield ! The beautiful and deadly Onna Bushis ! As the mod's name lets it figure, it brings Katana armed Onna Bushis.

------What's new ?-----

Didn't you ever wanted to see other Onna Bushis than Naginata armed ? Now it's done, with the Onna Bushi Katana mod. The standard skin of the Onna Bushi is saved, only the weapon and stats changed.

------New stats and abilities------

The Onna Bushi Katana unit comes with the standard katana infantry stat, slightly upgraded. They start with 18 melee attack, 16 charge bonus, 15 melee defence and 0 vs cavalry bonus (as they are katana infantry). They also have new abilities, like Second Wind, Banzai, Rapid Advance and Warcry.

The stats dont change from one faction to another, only the level of the units changes stats.

------Building and techs------

Onna Bushi Katana unit requiers at least lvl 1 Sword School and Bushido skill "Way of the Sword". The more your Sword School lvl is highter, bigger the experience of the unit is.

Sword School (lvl 1) : 2XP
    Nodachi School (lvl 2) : 3XP
    Master Dojo (lvl 3) : 4XP
    Legendary Dojo (lvl 4) : 6XP

------Questions & Contact------

Q: I spotted a problem with the mod, can I contact you ?

A: Of cours, contact at logan.mat@free.fr with the problem details.

Q: Why is no name on the unit card ?

A: As many custom unit mods, the fact that no names appears on the unit card is caused by the Encyclopedia. Uploading the modified encyclopedia just for one unit would make to mod far too heavy.

Q: Is the Onna Bushi Katana usable in custom battles ?

A: Yes, it is, the unit appears in the Sword Units tab.

------Comming soon !------

Onna Bushi No Dachi mod ! A brand new unit composed with No Dachi armed Onna Bushis ! Stay tuned for infos !

Default Re: Onna Bushi Katana !

Sounds reaaaaly nice But.. A few screenshots i think would be more helpfull to find out how it looks like before download..!! (both for katana and no dachi) Downloaded tonight.. Feedback tomorrow!

P.S. sorry for my english..

Hey Jimmy !

Thanks for the message !

The V1 of the Katana mod is buggy, I upload the V2 with bug fixes.

------V2 Fixes------

-Fixed a bug that made the unity no more recruitable after passing the Bushido art "Sword Expertise" and the "No Dachi" building.

-Fixed a bug that made, in some rare cases, the katana of the unit be invisible.

-Fixed a bug that caped the unit recruitment max on 1, you can now recruit all the Onna Bushi Katana you want.

Screenshots :

Sorry for the corrupted screens

V3 Online !

------V3 Fixes------

-Fixed a bug that made the Onna Bushi Katana units disappear after a defensive siege battle.

Have you increased all the unit numbers? 80, 320... cool!

By the way, good job, nice mod, easy to do but gives something new

Hello Haldier.

No, the 320 men unit is caused by another mod I have installed, the basic unit number is something like 160 or 180, then basic number of a Katana unit

Thanks for the feedback !

Only problem i've encountered, and I have the steam workshop version of this, aswell as the Matchlocks and No Dachi. I've noticed that the costs of upkeeping them are wayyy low. I wanna play with these mods with the regular game. Also, i've noticed for some reason, even with just a sword school, they start at EXP three?

Thanks for the feedback Pason.

I will be working on the problems you reported. I just dont know why they start at level 3 with the sword school, the pack file clearly is on level 2 for sword school

For the upkeep problem, it seems that it is caused by the conflict with the Radious Upkeep mod that overwrighted my pack file, I am going to fix it soon, stay tuned

V4 Online !

------V4 Fixes------

-Fixed a bug that made upkeep cost of the Onna Bushi Katana units very low, the upkeep cost is now fixed.

-Fixed a bug that made the Onna Bushi Katana units start at 3 EXP points on Sword School, each higher level of the Sword School gived 2 extra EXP points that what was originaly programmed.

it works fine in my computer, by the way, thanks for the answer, could you give me the link of that mod?

Thanks a lot, and hope to see new and cool mods like this one

Yup Haldier, there it is : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=439913

Thanks for you feedback, it pleases me to see people liking my mods

Woops, failed link, my bad

Correct link : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=453038

Sengoku Sushi's Avatar Libertus

Icon10 Re: Onna Bushi Katana !

Once Again, My work to You, Aigaion Another Unit Card

Aigaion you only need to edit the units.loc file to add a name. No need to do anything with the encyclopedia.

I had a request? I dont know if you take them. But. I'd love if you could do the following. Basically, I like the idea of putting Katana, and Onna Katana on the same battlefield. Is there a way you could make a version that was like... an EXACT clone copy. Like. I dont want the Onna's to be better than the Samurai that I can recruit. Like. I was wondering if you could make a version like that? So they upgrade the -exact- same way the Normal, Katanas, or No Dachi's would? It would be AMAZING!

Hey Pason.

Your request should be possible to do. I'm going to look about it when I have some time !

To Sengoku Sushi : Thanks a lot for your work ! I only have a problem, I tryed many ways to put them into the mods, but it just doesn't work, I don't know why

Also, again I dont expect this to be done right away because, afterall it's up to your discretion, and i'm 100% sure you have other stuff to do. So dont take this as me demanding! Of course. It's whenever, but you should totally make a Yari Samurai Onna Bushi version. And! A Bow Samurai Onna Bushi version. Seriously! That would be awesome! Those two would complete the set! Thanks!

Hey Pason

Request noted, gonna work on it.

By the way, I also planed a Tetsubo version of Onna Bushis, but I believe it's going to be hard, as fact that the Tetsubo is added by an add-on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast