Thread: How to change Dukes?

Icon5 How to change Dukes?

First, greetings to the Forum

Well, since 2 days i'm playing now Crusader Kings II and i think I'm able to understand the most things. But there's still a problem.

I'm pretty sure that the most of you will smile about this, because i know that it's possible to change dukes, but well,

Because I don't want to steal too much of your time, I try to make it short (please don't see it as unfriendly).

So, like the Topic says, I'm trying to change some dukes in my Kingdom (I use for example just "Person A" and "Person B") from Person A (me) to Person B,
    because the Vassalls are unhappy because i have way to much duchys. I don't know if I'm blind or just stupid, but I just cannot see an function to change the owner ?
    Is the kind of heredity important for this? Because I have the law,
    that the oldest son (or daughter if there's no son) inherits everything, so the title of the duchy just goes from my king to the prince and so on.

Maybe it's because an error in the translation so I can't find it ( I play it in german, but if you have a solution, I will it change to english of course).

I hope this topic is readable and of acceptable spelling and grammar, please don't be angry if it's not

Sincerely, (that's the polite version of "goodbye", am I right?)

Blackwindow

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: How to change Dukes?

Welcome Blackwindow.

Open the diplomatic screen and give them the tittle. Beware it will give them the title "de jure" if you control all of it or just the part "de jure" you control if the rest is hold by an other independent character.

Hereditary law does not have anything to do with it.

Good game.

Default Re: How to change Dukes?

Thank you!

Now I see. I can't belive how i could not see it before, i mean i gave often counties to my vassals and it's in the same option.... hmm i'm really, really blind

But thank, without you i would probably search for it the next years.