Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any hope in this campaign?

Default Any hope in this campaign?

Ok, I got Galadhrim Elves and this is the situation: I have conquered 2 more towns so I got 4 now, but furthermore, this is what happens:
    -Gondor is destroyed
    -Rohan is destroyed
    -Dwarves are dead
    -Noldor and Silvan Elves have been conquered
    -Dale has been vanished
    And what's more
    -Mordor, Isengard, Orc Rabbles, Easterlings, Southrons and Dunlendings have started an all-out war against me.
    So far I have managed to defeat several armies of goblins and mordor, even one where I had 250 soldiers against 2000 orcs and 20 trolls (campaign H/H difficulty).
    You guys think I should continue this campaign or I'm already done for?
    Last edited by Johnny12; January 03, 2013 at 02:56 PM.

Default Re: Any hope in this campaign?

Well... you have lost, but that doesnt mean you cant have fun!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Well... you have lost, but that doesnt mean you cant have fun!
    Haha that's the spirit. I like it! thanks pal

i think it's possible to still win, you just have to grab the settlements where you can train elvish troops, and just keep pumping them out. it should be possible to get a peace treaty with one or two enemy factions for some breathing room. getting trade agreements should guarantee they won't attack you again for at least a little while.

one thing i did when i was vastly outnumbered was gather the biggest army i could, and head for their largest and most powerful settlements. even if i couldn't keep it i could at least exterminate the populace and destroy all the buildings that were destroyable, and wipe our a large portion of their army in the process.

if course, i was playing on easy/easy(still a newb here), so that may not work on harder difficulties.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

What were you doing in that campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    What were you doing in that campaign?
    Well, let's say I was having financial troubles from turn 1 to turn 120

yeah when i tried playing as galadrim elves i had a hard time staying in the black.

one of the things i'd like to see would be the ability to capture and ransom enemy officers, or at least get money as loot from defeating enemy armies.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterAlpha1 View Post
    yeah when i tried playing as galadrim elves i had a hard time staying in the black.

one of the things i'd like to see would be the ability to capture and ransom enemy officers, or at least get money as loot from defeating enemy armies.
    err, to capture enemy officers, do you just kill them? Just asking, don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny12 View Post
    err, to capture enemy officers, do you just kill them? Just asking, don't know
    I guess he's refering to the system of Medieval 2: Total War, when you kill an enemy general while he's fleeing, there is a chance of "capturing" him (although he still falls to the ground pretty dead-looking), so that you can decide what to to with him after the battle
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

Quote Originally Posted by Förster44 View Post
    I guess he's refering to the system of Medieval 2: Total War, when you kill an enemy general while he's fleeing, there is a chance of "capturing" him (although he still falls to the ground pretty dead-looking), so that you can decide what to to with him after the battle
    YEah, I remember that in medieval, I just wanted to know if it happens in rome too or he aways dies

Ok, here's a first good step, I went out and conquered Moria from the goblins, check the picture after the battle

Apart from the fact that the goblins kept dying after getting out of Moria
    The soldiers I already miss were killed in other battles, zero dead this time once again
    Last edited by Johnny12; January 03, 2013 at 04:56 AM.

How did those orcs die? It doesn't look like your archers used any arrows for them xD

Btw, are you playing the 3.0 beta? In my 2.08c campaign, moria doesn't look like the one on your screenshot^^
    With best regards,

Förster44

How did those orcs die? It doesn't look like your archers used any arrows for them xD

Btw, are you playing the 3.0 beta? In my 2.08c campaign, moria doesn't look like the one on your screenshot^^
    Oh, sorry, I was actually using the beta patch, reason why moria looks different a bit.

Oh, sorry, I was actually using the beta patch, reason why moria looks different a bit.
    No reason for excusing, it's alright

How did these orcs go down btw? ^^
    With best regards,

Förster44

No reason for excusing, it's alright

How did these orcs go down btw? ^^
    Eh, let's say the gate was narrow, so they formed a line like in the pic and came against my elves who kept shooting them with arrows, until they all died. Didn't want to fight with arrows in the city because of the columns, so I waited until they sallied, reason why they all died (I have also activated infinite arrows )

(I have also activated infinite arrows )
    Now that explains why it looked like your archers didn't even touch their bowstrings
    With best regards,

Förster44

Now that explains why it looked like your archers didn't even touch their bowstrings
    haha yeah, I was trying to realise what you meant with ''How they died'' until I remembered not everyone uses unlimited ammo

please, tell me more about this unlimited arrows thing...

Quote Originally Posted by HunterAlpha1 View Post
    please, tell me more about this unlimited arrows thing...
    Nothing special, you just open the preferences file and where it says ''LIMITED AMMO: TRUE'' you will replace TRUE with FALSE. that simple

P.S. You better do it for all preferences files, in alexander, rome and lotrtw folders, for mine didn't work until I did so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast