Thread: HOI2:Armageddon - Can not place new units

Laetus

Icon13 HOI2:Armageddon - Can not place new units

Hey guys,
    This is my first post here and was wondering if someone could offer some advice pelase.

I'm playing HOI2: Armageddon as USSR. The war in Europe has just ended with Germany's surrender and I now control the DDR as a puppet state. I want to turn my eyes east now to Japan but I am not able to place any new units with my Soviet territories. I can place infantry units in DDR and Garrison units in Czechoslovakia but the game won't let me place anything in my own regions.

Does anyone know why?

Laetus

Default Re: HOI2:Armageddon - Can not place new units

97 views, huh?
    Well, I might have found the answer. It seems that (possibly) the Soviet Union has to have a minimum garrison force in both DDR and Czechoslovakia before they can continue placing units on home soil again.

But thanks for the warm welcome anyway!

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

By "place" do you mean strategic redeployment? As far as I know you can only use strategic redeployment in territory you directly control or within an ally/puppet's area of control. So, if you walked your troops out of the DDR/Czechoslovakia to territory you control, you could then try using strategic redeployment.
    It has nothing to do with a minimum garrison.

also, does poland exist as a puppet?

Laetus

Hi John! No, not strategic redeployment. I mean placing new infantry/armor/etc units from the deployment pool after production. I was not able to place standard infantry units on Soviet soil (and I'm playing USSR) after Germany surrendered. It was not until I had placed approximately 9 infantry divisions in DDR regions (which is a puppet state of mine) that I was then able to place infantry on my regions.

The same was true of Garrison units too but I had to place several in Czechoslovakia before I could place any in Soviet territories. I can only assume it's some post-German surrender minimum garrison thing but have not read anything about it anywhere.

And no, Poland is not a puppet. In fact in this game Poland was never occupied and went to war against the USSR.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

That's strange. Did preexisting units end up in the deployment pool? I believe they'll end up in the pool higher than newly made units.

Laetus

Um, not that I can recall. I actually had to move a huge amount of divisions from the now defunct front to expedite my war on Japan.