Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: General Questions

Default Re: General Questions

I think it's a feature rather than a bug. Military units have a zone of control and cannot be forced to move. Agents can always be pushed out of their map tile by a military unit. Therefore, when they are pushed so that there is nowhere to move, it is logical that they simply die.

So it's just a feature resulting from the collision mechanics of campaign map characters. Similarly, the fact that you can use ships to block the crossings around Constantinople is also a feature of the campaign map collision mechanics.

Not sure about impact on relationship but I just killed a neutral merchant who was my quest target and the quest was expired on his death, neither failed nor completed, meaning I was not supposed to kill him that way. Well, whatever, I lost about 15 or 20 agents to him, trying to kill him in time.

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

You had to do so using one of your merchants

hi guys,I'm new to M2TW and I was wondering what the use of princesses are and how can I increase their traits? please pm your answers to me if possible,thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

Silverheart's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    hi guys,I'm new to M2TW and I was wondering what the use of princesses are and how can I increase their traits? please pm your answers to me if possible,thanks in advance
    Princesses can be used just like diplomats, but can also be married off to a family member of another faction for whatever purpose. For example, you can establish a more well-founded and reliable alliance with a faction if you propose (in a diplomatic deal) to marry your princess to their faction heir.
    You can also use the charm of your princess to steal/seduce one family member of another faction into marrying her and joining your faction (As a sidenote, itīs good to make your faction heirs marry foreign princesses if the opportunity presents itself, or make your assassins prioritize princesses to reduce the risk of them seducing your family members).

Just like diplomats, princesses can improve their skills (charm for princesses) by making successful diplomatic deals - and the harder the deals are, the more will their skills improve from it.
    Unlike diplomats, however, princesses doesnīt improve from travelling around a lot, and are actually more likely to aqcuire bad retinue (such as the "secret lover" retinue) the longer they travel and remain unmarried.
    Also unlike diplomats, the initial level of skill a princess is going to have (when they come of age) depends on the traits of their fathers - a "lover of beauty", for example, is likely to result in the princess having the "fine cosmetics" retinue. Diplomatsī initial skill, on the other hand, depends on buildings and religious diversity in the regions where they are recruited.

Since their initial skill can vary so much, itīs often best to simply marry off low-level princesses immediately, and only sending out those who are initally charmful on diplomatic missions - and then use their charm to steal yourself a new family member when she hits 30-35.
    As you can see, princesses are less reliable than diplomats (their initial skill varies greatly, you canīt recruit them when you need one, you have to marry them off before they get too old), and should therefore be used only when a charmful one (with 3+ charm) spawns - otherwise, itīs best to marry them off immediately to some of your unmarried family members, and use diplomats for the diplomatic missions.
    Heart of silver, Mind of gold
    Fist of iron and Tongue to scold

Proud to be a Viking!

UndrState's Avatar Centenarius

Princesses can forge better-than-average alliances by marrying the Faction Leader or Faction Heir; can proform almost all diplomatic actions a Diplomat can; can marry within your faction's family to increase the loyalty of the person she marries; she will also add positive (or negative attributes) to her husband depending on the traits the she has.

Increasing her positive traits works the same as a diplomat, and I'm sure you can find a guide here that can help.

I'd also look at the traits Princesses can get in this guide, as it will suggest the way to get them:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/931592-me...war/faqs/50116

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Check this out
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...ur-family-tree

This one also has much good info
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=584013
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; February 07, 2013 at 02:35 PM.

thank u all guys +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

How effective is the rally horn by the captain or general? I use it but it seems like it makes to difference? And besides are they any other abilities in the game? I know some
    Mods like TATW adds its own to certain characters of great importance , but in vanilla. I have never seen one. Are their certain historical characters have a unique ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    How effective is the rally horn by the captain or general? I use it but it seems like it makes to difference? And besides are they any other abilities in the game? I know some
    Mods like TATW adds its own to certain characters of great importance , but in vanilla. I have never seen one. Are their certain historical characters have a unique ability?
    I've never seen it rally units that have already routed, BUT I have seen units in a certain radius around the general go from wavering or faltering to eager (max moral) once I used it.

"General's Rally: High. The generals rally special ability greatly raises nearby unit morale for about 30 seconds and can put units from wavering to steady."

Source

Are their certain historical characters have a unique ability?
    Yup, one per faction in the Crusades campaign for M2TW:Kingdoms. Once that character dies, the ability they had, disappears.

The abilities themselves and the hero that gets them can be found here at the bottom of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiresbane View Post
    I've never seen it rally units that have already routed, BUT I have seen units in a certain radius around the general go from wavering or faltering to eager (max moral) once I used it.

"General's Rally: High. The generals rally special ability greatly raises nearby unit morale for about 30 seconds and can put units from wavering to steady."

Source

Yup, one per faction in the Crusades campaign for M2TW:Kingdoms. Once that character dies, the ability they had, disappears.

The abilities themselves and the hero that gets them can be found here at the bottom of the page.
    Thank your the man, and you get rep

What's the oldest a princess can give birth I had my heir marry one that was 31 it was slim Pickens?

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    What's the oldest a princess can give birth I had my heir marry one that was 31 it was slim Pickens?
    Not 100% sure, but those ages can be changed in some files somewhere. It could be anywhere between 40 and 55.

Well I read somewhere that if she isn't married by the time she is 41 then she won't be accepted as a bride. In real life fertility rates drop dramatically from the age of 35 unless she has already had a child by then.

Hello there, i have some questions. I am currently playing as Egypt(VH/VH) and i am up to turn 60. So mongols are about to invade in a few turns and i am preparing to deal with them. I have played as Egypt once several months ago, but my files got lost ( i am playing in internet cafe) so i never finished it. I remember that the Mongolian Faction Leader and Heir spawned next to Yerevan (1 stuck each) and 4 more stucks near Baghdad. After a few rounds and while i was fighting these 6 stucks, 4 more spawned near Baghdad.I managed to beat them in the open battles (huge casualties of course) and while i was hunting down his last stuck in the desert, 4 brand new stucks appeared next to Baghdad. So, here we go. Is it possible, to destroy their faction without letting them find a new homeland? If they do find a new homeland, these extra-stucks will continue spawning in the east? If i manage to assassinate their family members before new waves spawn, will the armies go rebel,dissapear, just spawn new Generals? What are the odds (by experience) for them to head to Kiev and not to Holy Lands?

There's a finite number of Mongol spawn waves. I think, but can't quite remember, that after the first spawn (which is 1 full stack and 1 partial stack), there are 3 main waves. After that, there will be no more spawns.

Destroying the Mongols during any of the earlier waves does not affect the arrival of later waves. Each spawned stack has its own family member, so it doesn't matter if the family members of an earlier wave are all killed.

Whether they settle at a new homeland (which is either Kiev or Antioch) has no effect on the spawn of later waves. Settling down only affects whether the Mongol stacks move in horde mode or normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Giumbix View Post

The only plausible option I can think of is that there was a diplomat in that english captain army which went near Hamburg and bribed it. Check if there's a diplomat in that army or inside Hamburg (with your assassin).
    This is probably the best plausible answer to what happened to me... I forgot that you could do that, so the english army that was near hamburg might have a diplomat on it...
    I will never know that anymore, since several turns have passed after that event and I decided to attack england first just as I intend to do next.. They have been landing troops near Hamburg for the last few turns anyways(possibly prepping to attack me or HRE) so might as well take the pre emptive rather than get sucker punched...
    Time to finish what the vikings failed to do(if my history memory serves correctly), succesfully invade the entire continent of england

I got another question, whats a good way to get rid of plague quickly, other than churches & city halls??
    And if an agent/family member gets infected, is there a chance they survive a plague or their turns are numbered??

If I understand it correctly, it takes 5 turns for a plague in a settlement to disappear & 10 turns for an infected general/family member to be disease free..

Also can you get your uninfected agents/generals/family-members infected by simply fighting/spying/assassinating an infected agent/enemy-army on the open field or inside a settlement??
    And also can your uninfected ones get infected by simply staying outside near an infected settlement, even if their are no foreign enemy/agents that can reach them??
    Also can you infect a clean general/family member by reinforcing their troops with an infected army??

So if I get this correctly, putting uninfected ones into a fort would keep them from getting infected as I would like to save some of my master assassins/spies and my really good generals..
    Currently in turn 135 the black plague is already spreading in europe(russian lands, timbuktu region, and the sw region of the spanish/portugal region) are still plague free.. Arhus, Stockholm, Oslo, Hamburg, Breslau, & Prague are still plague free for me.. But Magdiburg, Vienna, Stettin, Ragusa, Antwerp, & Nuremberg are plagued infested for me already... And its starting to take a toll on my economy as i'm down from ~150k money to ~110k money while i'm still at war with venice and england..

Also my king just died and his successor has a trait "Wife is a Wretch".. if I use a combination of codes "Wife is ripe" & "prolific", would that cancel the negative fertility effects & give me a +4 fertility effect??

My new king is currently 28 and already has a wife since 16(not gonna lie i married him to the 18 year old daughter to the other bloodline from an adopted son; i don't mind inbreeding :p) and no kids at all.. I would like to keep the royal bloodline as he is a direct descendant from my original king..

One more question; can anyone tell me on which part to edit so i can change on the limit of the age a family member can have kids, both for male and female family member???
    And with doing this, do i have to start a new campaign to have the changes take effect or my current saved danish campaign will get the desired effects??

Currently one of my generals, a high chivalry family member from HRE who is 43 and wife is 44, got his 4th kid while on his 40's while my king has none

I got another question, whats a good way to get rid of plague quickly, other than churches & city halls??

Byzantines have aqueducts, Turks have Bimaristans, maybe there are some leader traits that would help, but otherwise, no.

And if an agent/family member gets infected, is there a chance they survive a plague or their turns are numbered??

Last game I played I had an infected spie that never died and was eventually cured despite I don't know how many turns of being infected and running around infecting enemy cities/castles

Also can you get your uninfected agents/generals/family-members infected by simply fighting/spying/assassinating an infected agent/enemy-army on the open field or inside a settlement??

Yes, merge your army with infected units in the open or anywhere else and they will get infected

And also can your uninfected ones get infected by simply staying outside near an infected settlement, even if their are no foreign enemy/agents that can reach them??

I don't think so, most people recommend you put your troops inside a fort, presumably to prevent a revolt. It might be that if they are on a road then an infected agent might travel through them.

Also can you infect a clean general/family member by reinforcing their troops with an infected army??

Yes, and you can infect an enemy city with your infected spies so I guess you can do the same to an enemy army.

If +public health is what stops the plague (I don't know, but if so...), then in addition to Byzantine aquaducts and bimaristans...

-Art galleries (Italian factions) give a small bonus, although art studios do not.
    -Catholic cathedrals provide a bonus (cathedrals and huge cathedrals, but not lesser churches and abbeys)
    -Knights Hospitallers chapter houses.
    -Orthodox ikoner's studios provide a small bonus
    -The Town Hall line of buildings.
    Last edited by Maklodes; February 14, 2013 at 09:59 PM.

On the shogun forums, someone made a post stating the exact numerical values of the things that effect morale in battles. Can anyone direct me to the name of the file, if such a one exists, for med2? Would be interesting to say the least.

As a bonus question, does anyone know what happens if you have two family members/generals in an army and both die? Do your troops get the morale penalty both times, or just once for when the main general of the army dies?