Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: General Questions

Default Re: General Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Aeratus View Post
    Actually, in terms of game mechanics whether it's lance or mace makes no difference in the cavalry's mount crush effect. The type of weapon that the cavalryman is holding has no direct relevance to the charge mechanics. The weapon is just a graphical element and nothing else. So if you replace the lance with a knife, the charge will have the exact same effect.

So cavalry with no lances, like Dvor Cavalry, can run over half an infantry unit just like any lance-bearing cavalry. Dvor cavalry actually has a stronger overall charge than many lance cavalry like mailed knights due to its high mount mass.

The only factors that affect the mount crush are the charge bonus, the mass of the cavalry vs. the target, and the attack/defense difference between the cavalry and the target.

In fact, if you remove the lance from mace-armed cavalry, their charge effectiveness actually increases, because the mace does armor piecing attack.
    The charge bonus attack is dealt by the primary weapon, be it a lance, a spear or whatever it is the cavalry uses when stationary, however, the secondary weapon does not have this charge bonus, be it a mace or a sword.

Icon5 Neutral Faction took over my garrisoned castle, plus some more questions

Currently new to the website and to the series...

Playing vanilla mtw2 Kingdom of Denmark at normal difficulty & turn 85 (still new to the series, but alot of exp with warband sp)..

Just recently went to peace with Venice(after defeating them on several battles) due to the pope threathening me with excom..

So on my 9th turn of peace during England's turn, they moved a captain onto Hamburg castle(currently a fortress) and now it is on their possession.. During my turn I saw an event notice(forgot entirely name of event) that Hamburg was taken over by England 'coz they will treat the people of that faction's citizens much better, or something like that..

I'm confused on how they took it because Hamburg has my faction heir on it with 6 squads of garrison in it.. I got hamburg on a trade with hre for venice on a trade after i got the peace with Venice.. Shouldn't there have been a siege by England first? And I didn't notice any English diplomats nearby these settlements I also own to bribe Hamburg: Arhus, Hamburg, Nuremberg or Prague..

All I remember that I saw during England's turn was that I thought their captain moved next to Hamburg, I didn't realized that it took over Hamburg from me...

You said you didn't see any English diplomats at your fortress. So it is possible that it got bribed by a princess rather than a diplomat.

Default Re: Neutral Faction took over my garrisoned castle, plus some more questions

Quote Originally Posted by LiteEmUp View Post
    Currently new to the website and to the series...

Playing vanilla mtw2 Kingdom of Denmark at normal difficulty & turn 85 (still new to the series, but alot of exp with warband sp)..

Just recently went to peace with Venice(after defeating them on several battles) due to the pope threathening me with excom..

So on my 9th turn of peace during England's turn, they moved a captain onto Hamburg castle(currently a fortress) and now it is on their possession.. During my turn I saw an event notice(forgot entirely name of event) that Hamburg was taken over by England 'coz they will treat the people of that faction's citizens much better, or something like that..

I'm confused on how they took it because Hamburg has my faction heir on it with 6 squads of garrison in it.. I got hamburg on a trade with hre for venice on a trade after i got the peace with Venice.. Shouldn't there have been a siege by England first? And I didn't notice any English diplomats nearby these settlements I also own to bribe Hamburg: Arhus, Hamburg, Nuremberg or Prague..

All I remember that I saw during England's turn was that I thought their captain moved next to Hamburg, I didn't realized that it took over Hamburg from me...
    i am 75% sure they bribed hamburg, some times the AI moves so fast their units that doesnt show it, and also some times their agents pops out of no where (im looking at you damn merchants )

Hamburg must have been bribed. I can only think of two other possibilities of England taking over Hamburg, and none of them are really plausibly likely:

1. The faction heir in hamburg died on that turn, the city rebelled, and England took the city in one turn.

2. The faction heir died, and the rest of the garrison deserted from a crusade, leaving an empty garrison allowing England to over.

Icon5 Re: General Questions

Also I got another question: I'm not entirely sure, but why is it that the amount of troops I have on a garrisoned settlement becomes less when it was originally when it got sieged by an enemy?? I keep noticing this during battles that my garrisoned troops have less numbers at the start of battles(like i should have 75 spear militias in 1 squad instead 63 spear militias, 40 knights templar instead of 33, etc)

And is there a mod that allows you to spend money to either lower the amount of turns or insta buy/build the current queued building/troops without the need for console cheats??

Also a mod that allows you to have one of the daughter/son of your faction members to marry another faction's daughter/son, aside from faction princes/princesses??

You said you didn't see any English diplomats at your fortress. So it is possible that it got bribed by a princess rather than a diplomat.
    I can't recall if I noticed any princess nearby, so it is a possibility that it got bribed by a princess... I have a policy of kill diplomats on sight who enter my territories... each city/castle i have has at least 2 assassins on it..

Quote Originally Posted by King-K.LoL View Post
    i am 75% sure they bribed hamburg, some times the AI moves so fast their units that doesnt show it, and also some times their agents pops out of no where (im looking at you damn merchants )
    Hamburg must have been bribed. I can only think of two other possibilities of England taking over Hamburg, and none of them are really plausibly likely:

1. The faction heir in hamburg died on that turn, the city rebelled, and England took the city in one turn.

2. The faction heir died, and the rest of the garrison deserted from a crusade, leaving an empty garrison allowing England to over.
    And my faction heir didn't died at that turn since he is still in his 20's and currently there is no crusade going on.. so i'm positive it wasn't the case..

I do agree to both of u that it is very likely that a diplomat bribed hamburg.. i turned off fog of war to check the map and the nearest english diplomat i can see near my fiefs is in milan...

is it possible that a merchant can buy/bribe or make fiefs rebel??

Also I got another question: I'm not entirely sure, but why is it that the amount of troops I have on a garrisoned settlement becomes less when it was originally when it got sieged by an enemy?? I keep noticing this during battles that my garrisoned troops have less numbers at the start of battles(like i should have 75 spear militias in 1 squad instead 63 spear militias, 40 knights templar instead of 33, etc)
    i think thats because the effect of the siege if it keeps on going too many turns your troops will starve but i may be wrong
    Edit:
    by the way, under your posts there its the option "edit post" so you dont need to post too many times
    Last edited by King-K.LoL; February 03, 2013 at 02:04 AM.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Princesses can't bribe.
    I don't know if it's called like this, but it's attrition, simulating how some soldiers die because of hunger, poor conditions and fighting when under siege etc.
    And is there a mod that allows you to spend money to either lower the amount of turns or insta buy/build the current queued building/troops without the need for console cheats??

Also a mod that allows you to have one of the daughter/son of your faction members to marry another faction's daughter/son, aside from faction princes/princesses??
    1. Don't know of any.
    2. I don't think that's possible. Only princesses can marry generals or family members of other factions.
    I do agree to both of u that it is very likely that a diplomat bribed hamburg.. i turned off fog of war to check the map and the nearest english diplomat i can see near my fiefs is in milan...
    is it possible that a merchant can buy/bribe or make fiefs rebel??
    Diplomats can bribe only armies or cities they approach directly. A diplomat can't approach Arhus for example and bribe Hamburg. It has to go to Hamburg directly. About merchant, of course not.

The only plausible option I can think of is that there was a diplomat in that english captain army which went near Hamburg and bribed it. Check if there's a diplomat in that army or inside Hamburg (with your assassin).
    Quote Originally Posted by King-K.LoL View Post
    Edit:
    by the way, under your posts there its the option "edit post" so you dont need to post too many times
    Editing posts is available only when you have 25 posts and joined TWC for at least 2 weeks.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

How can I change the lifespan of a character they all die around 55 I would like them to be at least 75 before they die

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    How can I change the lifespan of a character they all die around 55 I would like them to be at least 75 before they die
    Not possible unless you mod.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    Not possible unless you mod.
    Ok so then it is possible

All troops under siege lose about 5-10% of their number each turn they are under siege - they don't just stand around, they have to defend the settlement in small ways that can make them liable to become casualties. Also, troops under siege are likely to die from disease and hunger.

I believe the percent of defenders lost during each turn depends on the "number of turns remaining" in how long the defenders can hold out before auto-lose. If the defenders are entering their last turn, they lose quite a lot, like 15% even. If the number of turns is over 10, a unit with 80 men will lose 2-3.

I believe the percent of defenders lost during each turn depends on the "number of turns remaining" in how long the defenders can hold out before auto-lose. If the defenders are entering their last turn, they lose quite a lot, like 15% even. If the number of turns is over 10, a unit with 80 men will lose 2-3.
    I think you're right about this. Sieging Marrakesh recently as Spain, they'd only lose a tiny bit each turn, but the last two turns before I peacefully captured it, their numbers plummeted.

Icon7 Re: General Questions

Hey I'm wondering, is killing an agent via surrounding him with you army and then stepping on him a feature or a bug?

LoL that has to be a bug i cant imagine an entire army of soldiers just to "arrest" one agent

LoL that has to be a bug i cant imagine an entire army of soldiers just to "arrest" one agent
    Haha yeah, thats after a dozen of assassins get biten by their own snake trying to kill that very agent sleeping in his bed.
    After all they might be there in large numbers searching for him the entire region, since he's that dodgy. He's trying to move every time you re coming after him with force.

UndrState's Avatar Centenarius

Isn't there a relationship hit when you kill them that way? I thought it was a feature...