Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: General Questions

Default Re: General Questions

I think you construct the moat as you would buildings inside the fort.
    A question from me: What happens if my whole family die, and the last one is a 9 year old boy? (This is seriously the case, we've got the King, his 17 year old son, the King's brother and a 9 year old, and all the rest are widowed women. (I hate the romans!)

If there is no single one male over the age of 16(i think in vanilla they come of age at 16) then your family will die out and the game is over.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

When in a diplomatic conversation your faction and other faction your doing bussiness shows different information- religion, priorities, wealth ect. Well what are the different levels of wealth and level of
    Money do you have that puts you into those different levels?

I have seen very rich, but either way there are
    Many levels of wealth. I wonder what determines your
    Wealth status well bankrupt is easy-zero money. But the others I do wonder. Well guys I'm
    Sure one of will figure it out, in going to research it on-line
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; January 28, 2013 at 03:20 PM.

There is also "Boundless"

Is testudo formation available in the game? I would think not in vanilla since I have yet to see it, but can it be modded or has someone already done so?

Silverheart's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    Is testudo formation available in the game? I would think not in vanilla since I have yet to see it, but can it be modded or has someone already done so?
    Pretty sure not, at least definitely not in vanilla M2TW.
    Also, there´s only, like, one unit with shields big enough that they would even be able to, and that would be Hungarys´ Pavise Spearmen.

I´ve never heard of any mod using the testudo formation, but they all introduce new units, so there might be one out there.
    Heart of silver, Mind of gold
    Fist of iron and Tongue to scold

Proud to be a Viking!

last time I read, testudo parameter is exist in the game but there's no animation for the formation itself so it cannot being modded in unless you create the animation.

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Do missile units that use axes or maces in hand-to-hand fight, have the "effective against armour" bonus (though not having this trait in their attributes)?

Yes. You can see by scrolling to the "secondary weapon" listing on this page: http://m2tw.warlore.org/units/Dismounted_Dvor

Lambretta's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Grymloq View Post
    Do missile units that use axes or maces in hand-to-hand fight, have the "effective against armour" bonus (though not having this trait in their attributes)?
    Yep, anything with a mace/axe cleaves straight through armour. With mace/axe equipped cavalry, use alt+click to get them to use their mace.

I think this thread should be stickied.
    Last edited by Lambretta; January 31, 2013 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambretta View Post
    Yep, anything with a mace/axe cleaves straight through armour. With mace/axe equipped cavalry, use alt+click to get them to use their mace.

I think this thread should be stickied.
    Why would someone use a mace/axe on a knight conroi? A lance is far better, and they automatically swap to secondary (mace or axe) once their charge is completely done (although I do not leave them attacking, I pull them back and charge again, even before they completely finish their charge).

If your cavalry unit has both a lance and a mace, it is not possible to use mace in charge mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeratus View Post
    If your cavalry unit has both a lance and a mace, it is not possible to use mace in charge mode.
    Did you even read what I said? I said a lance is far better, it pierces and run over half of the enemy infantry unit in a single charge, maces on the other hand kills one by one of their soldiers.

Actually, in terms of game mechanics whether it's lance or mace makes no difference in the cavalry's mount crush effect. The type of weapon that the cavalryman is holding has no direct relevance to the charge mechanics. The weapon is just a graphical element and nothing else. So if you replace the lance with a knife, the charge will have the exact same effect.

So cavalry with no lances, like Dvor Cavalry, can run over half an infantry unit just like any lance-bearing cavalry. Dvor cavalry actually has a stronger overall charge than many lance cavalry like mailed knights due to its high mount mass.

The only factors that affect the mount crush are the charge bonus, the mass of the cavalry vs. the target, and the attack/defense difference between the cavalry and the target.

In fact, if you remove the lance from mace-armed cavalry, their charge effectiveness actually increases, because the mace does armor piecing attack.
    Last edited by Aeratus; February 01, 2013 at 09:45 AM.

yeah but charges are buggy in vanilla and in many situations the mace is more useful, for example if swamped by infantry units or it in a forest or broken up terrain

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

When I recieve the mission from the pope to cease hostilities with a faction, does this faction get a similiar mission towards me?

You cannot be sure if they are sent a similar task the same time.But Pope gets angry with them too when they are attacking you (talking about catholic factions only and as long as you are not already excomunicated). So, if you are attacked by a catholic faction, it would be wiser for you to wait a couple of turns before you try to retaliate the blows. If they start blocading your ports and laying sieges, soon enough they will be excomunicated.
    You can provoke them to this by leaving cheap armies in your borders (1 peasant unit for example). When they attack it, it's still an attack like any other and the Pope will be disappointed.

generally yes but if the pope loves them then tough luck. I find that my enemies generally do get excommed. Best way to lose no rep is to defend until they are excommed then crusade a city that is inside there lands and move rapidly and wipe out their empire. I do it all the time.
    Last edited by Highlander of Scotland; February 01, 2013 at 04:03 PM.

Silverheart's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Grymloq View Post
    When I recieve the mission from the pope to cease hostilities with a faction, does this faction get a similiar mission towards me?
    Generally yes, but it depends on the papal standing of both factions.
    If your faction has low favor and the other one has high favor, they will likely not receive such a warning.
    Or at least their high papal favor will only make them lose a point or so if they violate the mission, so they won´t care very much about following the mission.
    Heart of silver, Mind of gold
    Fist of iron and Tongue to scold

Proud to be a Viking!