Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: General Questions

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Questions on weapons and equipment and general stuff

Ok question: my faction leader died the heir is now the new leader but on his profile it says he has not yet been crown and is open to be usurp or something in that nature. How can he not be crowned if he is already my new king what happens he does not officially get crowned and how does he get crowned?

Question 2: I seldom use priest/bishops/cardinals/imans ect. What exactly do they accomplish? How are they best utilized? What functions can they perform besides killing rebel priest?
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; January 13, 2013 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    Ok question: my faction leader died the heir is now the new leader but on his profile it says he has not yet been crown and is open to be usurp or something in that nature. How can he not be crowned if he is already my new king what happens he does not officially get crowned and how does he get crowned?
    What mod are you playing?

Question 2: I seldom use priest/bishops/cardinals/imans ect. What exactly do they accomplish? How are they best utilized? What functions can they perform besides killing rebel priest?
    They convert the population to you religion, send them into enemy territory to cnvert the population before you conwer and/or after.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic Warrior View Post
    What mod are you playing?

They convert the population to you religion, send them into enemy territory to cnvert the population before you conwer and/or after.
    Playing Thera mod

Playing Thera mod
    You should probably then ask in that mods subsection.

Default Re: Mace and War Hammers, slings

Quote Originally Posted by Aeratus View Post
    2h War hammer: Dismounted English, Portuguese and Noble knights, and Giltine's Chosen (kingdoms) carry crow beaks, which I suppose is classified as war hammer. However, these weapons are considered 2h axes by the game engine.
    You are wrong, Dismounted english, portuguese and noble knights wield small halberds, not war hammers.

Default Re: General Questions

I know I'm asking for a lot but can someone for me a step by step instructions how to move units from vanilla to a mod? Imm playing this mid called Thera and I want to move a couple of units over from vanilla game? How should i do so? Copy and paste?

Does anyone know all the ship types in the game? An is there a submod that add different ships?

I know I'm asking for a lot but can someone for me a step by step instructions how to move units from vanilla to a mod? Imm playing this mid called Thera and I want to move a couple of units over from vanilla game? How should i do so? Copy and paste?
    Just start your game, in the custom battle screen right click on a unit and select "copy". Then start Thera and in the custom battle screen right click in an empty slot and select paste. Now your unit is in the mod!
    No but seriously, I have no clue how to do that. You should ask your modding related questions in the mod workshop. More chance of getting a good answer.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

JihaadJim's Avatar Foederatus

Cog, Longboat, Dragon Boat, Mercenary Cog, Dhow.
    All I can think of offhand.

Ok there this issue that bugs me, in have one settlement that has 2 princesses from two different faction just standing next to my settlement, another settlement that has two diplomats from 2 different factions just outside my settlement, they never approach me to ask me something like, trade rights, map information or whatever they just stay there. Ten turns later they are just there, they never leave. Why do they do that?

Ok there this issue that bugs me, in have one settlement that has 2 princesses from two different faction just standing next to my settlement, another settlement that has two diplomats from 2 different factions just outside my settlement, they never approach me to ask me something like, trade rights, map information or whatever they just stay there. Ten turns later they are just there, they never leave. Why do they do that?
    Are they doing the offer animations when it is the AI's turn?

Are they doing the offer animations when it is the AI's turn?
    Yes they are, but why? They never do anything besides that
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; January 22, 2013 at 12:41 AM.

they are offering themselves to you

It is believed that they are trying to bribe your settlement, but nobody really knows.

Yes they are, but why? They never do anything besides that
    The diplomats are trying to bribe and the princesses are trying to marry your generals.

The diplomats are trying to bribe and the princesses are trying to marry your generals.
    So then I should kill the diplomats and the princesses? So they don't steal my generals away?

Also another ideation how do you use secondary weapons/attacks?
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; January 22, 2013 at 05:21 PM.

Hold Alt key and left click on enemy in order to get your units to use secondary weapons.

That behavior of diplomats/princess indicates a war is on the way with that faction so be careful. Assassinating them will prevent that annoying waiting time while watching enemy moves.
    Last edited by HeroSK; January 23, 2013 at 02:10 AM.

One other possibility is that they are trying to negotiate something with you, and pre-checks your treasury before attempting it. If your treasury cannot meet their request, they will abort the attempt. To test this, you could try to cheat to get a lot of gold, then end the turn and see if they will open negotiations with you.

Does anyone know why there are no moats around castles?

Does anyone know why there are no moats around castles?
    I don't think it was part of vanilla. Aren't there moats in forts in Britannia Xpac? Anyone want to confirm/deny that?

I just remember some forts have partial moats as well as stakes outside the walls. Actually made attacking well defended forts fairly hard. At least at lot tougher than vanilla M2tW forts.