Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: General Questions

UndrState's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: General Questions

yeah, you can still attack them in your own territory, right? And if they attack you in their territory, it's also okay to defend yourself.

And if you want to be a real bastard, take a look where their large stack is, and either leave a town nearby almost undefended, or grab a few troops and parade them at your border near them. AI will sometimes take that as an opportunity to strike, will attack you, getting excommed and you'll be free to take them out without Pope interfering, as long as you avoid killing their king until their last settlement.

I'd also recommend investing in artillery during the papal intervention, so you can storm a city right after mission ends. There's a good chance that he'll order cease hostilities again once someone attacks after mission is over, so make the most of it.

TheBlackTower's Avatar Tiro

I have small Q&A : is there any way or mode to make the Guilds like the swordsmith and assassin's, build like normal Building ???????.
    “History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.”

Mr. ZAP's Avatar Libertus

Is it possible to change faction names? I know you can change settlement ones by renaming the unit card, but I'd like to play a campaign as Zaponia or some of equally outrageous and/or egocentric title. Alexander got to name everything after himself; why can't I?

has anyone ever had a game where scotland defeated england?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicky Mouse View Post
    You'll have to tell me if you think this counts, but once as the HRE I observed that Scotland had run England out of the British isles entirely, and England was reduced to one territory, Rennes.

Now, England was my ally (England, Papal States and Hungary are my staple allies when I play as HRE), and Scotland had been excommunicated, so I bribed my man in the big white hat, got a crusade against Scotland and steamrolled from London to Inverness, Scottish faction destroyed and gave all the territories to England (I did a lot of sacking, let them rebuild, eh?).

Now, if I hadn't intervened, it was more likely that France, and not Scotland, would have finished England off, but I was still pretty surprised when I saw it.

You'll have to tell me if you think this counts, but once as the HRE I observed that Scotland had run England out of the British isles entirely, and England was reduced to one territory, Rennes.

Now, England was my ally (England, Papal States and Hungary are my staple allies when I play as HRE), and Scotland had been excommunicated, so I bribed my man in the big white hat, got a crusade against Scotland and steamrolled from London to Inverness, Scottish faction destroyed and gave all the territories to England (I did a lot of sacking, let them rebuild, eh?).

Now, if I hadn't intervened, it was more likely that France, and not Scotland, would have finished England off, but I was still pretty surprised when I saw it.

I have seen it happen once or twice in vanilla M2TW, so it happens almost never. Then again, I also rarely see the English wipe out the Scots. They both just passively coexist in boredom together

hmmm scotland always gets destroyed completely in my games.

Hello,

I have one question. Is there any file in Medieval II Total War that shows EVERY single parameter/factor for reputation increase/decrease?

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Lunnatic View Post
    Hello,

I have one question. Is there any file in Medieval II Total War that shows EVERY single parameter/factor for reputation increase/decrease?
    I thought everything was in descr_faction_standing.txt.
    ೋღ☃ღೋ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~you are a beautiful strong Catholic monarch~ ~
    ~ ~who don’t need no communion with Rome~ ~

road to jerusalem mods some questions????

1-Why does not appear, the Mongols, although I in 1400 Mongols did not appear
    2-Any of the States will soon؟؟؟؟

england was wiped out by scotland in my game. it was a late campaign in the Lands to Conquer mod though. not only that, scotland is now one of the top five overall factions )

1. Princesses for Muslim factions how can I add them to a mod?
    2 special abilities to be implemented on certain "heroes"
    In the regular game they have these.
    Some factions start out with them, others get them later in the game. Here is a list of the hero's and thier abilities.
    Manual Comemnus, The Byzantine Empire, Byzantine Politics
    A few enemy units start fighting each other, and refuse to move for a small amount of time. It can only be used once a battle.
    Nur ad-Din, the Turks, Light of Faith
    Increases the Attack speed and Morale of Troops for awhile. It can be used more then once a battle.
    Saladin, Eygpt, Righteousness of Faith
    All units not broken get a morale boost. Can be used more then once per battle.
    Richard, Kingdom of Jerusalem, Heart of the Lion
    Stops all routing units, and raises their morale, can be used more then once.
    Phillip II, Principality of Antioch, Flower of Chivalry
    Increases attack and Stamina of his army for awhile, can be used more then once a battle.

the mod I okay does not have them how can I use them or add them?

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Modding questions have to be asked in the mod workshop in the relevant subforum, this is general discussion. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...2-Mod-Workshop

I know I started the thread I just asked that to bump the thread

How to change city to castle? I conquered Milan and am going to do the same with Venice but I need castles to refill my army. Milan has only 1 castle, and it is so far away from Venice.

Is it true that provoking other factions to attack you will let you fight them without having to care about the pope? I provoked Milan by spamming assassins against them again and again to the point they declared war with me and the pope said nothing when I take over Milan's cities later.

Quote Originally Posted by soluuloi View Post
    How to change city to castle? I conquered Milan and am going to do the same with Venice but I need castles to refill my army. Milan has only 1 castle, and it is so far away from Venice.

Is it true that provoking other factions to attack you will let you fight them without having to care about the pope? I provoked Milan by spamming assassins against them again and again to the point they declared war with me and the pope said nothing when I take over Milan's cities later.
    You should have the "Convert City to Castle" option in the settlement's build options. The only situation you couldn't do this is with a Huge City, then it cannot be converted.

If A) you are being attacked (someone else started the war) and B) you are defending in your own territory, this will be a good (well, less-bad) thing compare to you attacking the other faction. Also, even if the Pope has given you a Mission to stop fighting with this faction, you can still attack them in your territory. Still best way to keep Pope out of your business is to pay him and keep him happy.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

In vanilla starting from minor city it can't be converted to castle.