Page 1 of 34 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: General Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default General Questions

As we constantly get a lot of new threads asking a simple question about M2TW, questions which can be easily answered, are already listed in the FAQs or have been asked 1000 times already - we have this General Question Thread for everyone to post his or her question concerning M2TW

Please note:
    This is not a discussion thread and everybody would prefer if asked questions could be answered in 1 or only a few posts!
    -----------------------——---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; December 26, 2013 at 01:03 AM.

Default Re: Mace and War Hammers, slings

Off the top of my head, Yeoman Archers and Venetian Infantry have maces, as do Teutonic Cavalry. I'm not aware of any sling units in the game.

Venitian Heavy inf

Maces (1-hand): Dismounted imperial knight (infantry), lots of cavalry including Mamluks, Teutonic Knight, Imperial Knight, Qapukulu etc.

Maces (two-handed): Mutatawwi'a (jihad special unit), Religious Fanatics (crusade special unit)

War hammer: Venetian heavy infantry (however, the war hammer is the same as 1h mace in terms of game mechanics, I believe)

2h War hammer: Dismounted English, Portuguese and Noble knights, and Giltine's Chosen (kingdoms) carry crow beaks, which I suppose is classified as war hammer. However, these weapons are considered 2h axes by the game engine.

Sling: none
    Last edited by Aeratus; December 31, 2012 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks for the help rep to all of you

I'm safe to assume that Flail either one handed or two handed don't exist in the game? Perhaps due to game
    Mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    I'm safe to assume that Flail either one handed or two handed don't exist in the game? Perhaps due to game
    Mechanics?
    I dont know if they can not be made because of the engine, but they certanly are not in the game. It might be possible to make a skin where such a weapon is used.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeratus View Post
    War hammer: Venetian heavy infantry (however, the war hammer is the same as 1h mace in terms of game mechanics, I believe)
    I'm not sure whether this matters in terms of game mechanics, but I think EDU actually refers to VHI's primary weapon as an axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeratus View Post
    2h War hammer: Dismounted English, Portuguese and Noble knights, and Giltine's Chosen (kingdoms) carry crow beaks, which I suppose is classified as war hammer. However, these weapons are considered 2h axes by the game engine.
    You are wrong, Dismounted english, portuguese and noble knights wield small halberds, not war hammers.

Yeah, you're right. the VHI's hammer is actually an axe. I just assumed it was a mace.

Ok another question I believe I have see in YouTube or some where use of chariots in the game. What is that all about? Is there a mod out there that implements chariots into the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    Ok another question I believe I have see in YouTube or some where use of chariots in the game. What is that all about? Is there a mod out there that implements chariots into the game?
    Well the only M2 mod that might use chariots could be Call Of Warhammer which is a mod based in a fantasy world. I havent played it, its just my guess.

Default Re: Mace, War Hammers, slings, chariots ect

It also might have been a modded RTW or RTW clip that you saw. Many factions in RTW had chariots. Brits and Egyptians to name a few.

Oh well, that's a shame.
    Would love if if they were in the game

I guess you can have chariots in the game
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=213895

i dont think fanatics and the jihad units carry maces they have clubs because they are not ap

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Original mtw 2 had gun wagons but they were left out of the game for some reason.

These may be the chariots that you saw.

Don't forget the fearsome Danish war clerics! You will find all the detail you want at:

• Honga (Almost everything can be found here, like unit info, faction info and info on famous mods etc)
      • Warlore (for unit stats for vanilla and kingdoms campaigns)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitalkes View Post
    Don't forget the fearsome Danish war clerics! You will find all the detail you want at:

• Honga (Almost everything can be found here, like unit info, faction info and info on famous mods etc)
      • Warlore (for unit stats for vanilla and kingdoms campaigns)
    Thanks for the sites +rep on that

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2239
    I am
    On my iPhone so I can't check it my self till I get off work but you can download chariots onnthemlink above
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; January 07, 2013 at 05:37 PM.

Page 1 of 34 123456789101126 ... LastLast