Thread: New to mount and blade Help

Default New to mount and blade Help

Hi, totally new to MAB.

WAs wondering which weapons best to use ? Bow any good etc.

And which skills should i focus on for certain weapons to get the most damage etc from them.

Any useful links also would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: New to mount and blade Help

What you need:

Lance
    Horse

/Thread.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

im also new to mount and blade...i just bought it on steam do you guys think i should play mount and blade first or jump in straight into warband or ...?
    Quote Originally Posted by George Orwell
    “Shall the common man be pushed back into the mud, or shall he not? I myself believe, perhaps on insufficient grounds, that the common man will win his fight sooner or later, but I want it to be sooner and not later—some time within the next hundred years, say, and not some time within the next ten thousand years. That was the real issue of the Spanish war, and of the last war, and perhaps of other wars yet to come.”

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Forget Native. Forget Warband. Instead, buy Napoleonic Warfare. I'm all new to that particular game, and within days I will be joining our official TWC N.W. Clan. Play some linebattles with 200 people. ^^

Grab your musket, and I'll see you there.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

My weapons: Lance - Big shield - 2H sword - Military Axe.

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Learn to feel your sword and lance .
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

lance is not for me dont like it

Quote Originally Posted by Useless View Post
    lance is not for me dont like it
    Same. I am usually a sword guy, and I occasionally use a bow. Being on horseback is a must (Watchout for spears) with sword you can do one hit kills easily (at least on ranged units) and swerve around the back of enemy troops in combat with yours and do some nice damage.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I like the lance but i find myself using the sword for 80% of my kills.

I only use lance against other lancers that would kill me if I tried to use a sword.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

When you become really good at horse archery, it is like transcending onto a higher plane of existence.

1 handed sword best on horse back? i noticed 2 handed you get speed reduction

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    When you become really good at horse archery, it is like transcending onto a higher plane of existence.
    You're wrong. Once you become really good at horse axe throwing then, it is like transcending into in higher plane of existing.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Lance sucks for a new player. I suggest a two handed sword since they are the easiest to use have long reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Useless View Post
    1 handed sword best on horse back? i noticed 2 handed you get speed reduction
    You'd do well to go with a one handed sword with a reach in the 90's and a shield. The Nomad saber is an easy one to find.Don't latch on to high damage stats one-handers with no reach/speed. You'll never hit anything. Two or two/one handed weapons on horseback take more skill to pull off and really a lance should be doing the long range work on horseback anyways.

Also, learn how to couch a lance and it will be very helpful.
    Last edited by Sphere; January 03, 2013 at 10:18 AM.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Lance requires high speed and a very good aim.

If you're playing multiplayer, get a 1 handed sword, learn to block, and fight like a real man, not like those pansies who shoot duelists or stab them in the back.

For multiplayer I go with a Courser and two packs of Javelins and a light lance. I like to stick and move and choose my battles.