Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DME_POLAND2

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: DME_POLAND2

I can see the units name when i go over an unit icon but when i right click in the brown lebel above doesnt tell the name.
    also i got a crash when i was trying to load a save started with polish units v1.When i changed back to v1 save was loaded properly

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by szwajcar View Post
    Link works. After waiting a period of time shows the next page where you click inscription ,,Kliknij tutaj aby pobrać".
    hi!
    no......only waiting....waiting nothing happens.here maybe one of the boys has mod on another host.
    with freudlichen greet Lupo!

I can see the units name when i go over an unit icon but when i right click in the brown lebel above doesnt tell the name.
    also i got a crash when i was trying to load a save started with polish units v1.When i changed back to v1 save was loaded properly
    v1 and v2 are different and will not work on saved games.

no......only waiting....waiting nothing happens.here maybe one of the boys has mod on another host.
    with freudlichen greet Lupo!
    I see that you only have a problem with downloading the mod. Mod very easy to download and a few days ago I changed link.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

i dont see names for units of v2 while i play a battle,when i go over the regiments flag.Is this normal?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nonames.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	376.6 KB 
ID:	272111
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; March 19, 2013 at 05:14 PM.

Skillreaver's Avatar Civis

Once again - fantastic mod szwajcar! After playing through my Polish campaign I've noticed some little bugs - first I thought that there is something wrong with my installation so I reinstalled empire and darthmod to be sure and the problems with some of the early cavalry units - are still there.Arkabuzeria is missing the pistol - I mean there is shooting animation but there is no pistol in their hands The second thing is Husaria -
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Before reinstalling there were also missing sabres with some of the early cavalry units but now they're fine - strange.So only those 2 bugs are left in my case so it's nothing big.

I'm playing a campaign as the P.L.C. I'm going to download this and give it a try. Can't wait.

Just place it in my data folder?

Instal instruction is in the readme file which you will find after unpacking the downloaded mod.

2gutter67's Avatar Tiro

First of all I deply appreciate your work on this. Read in your other threads that you did all the work yourself and I can imagine it took awhile. I can't quite figure out where to put the DME_UPC_v6_3.pack though (in English of course). Any help would be awesome so I can lead a rise of PLCommonwealth with some special units.

Edit: probably like 5 minutes later.
    Alright I found that there was just a file to replace...I feel fairly stupid. But the thanks still stands for the great work.

I'm glad you like the mod

Semisalis

Hey I found a problem related to the mod. It appears that when I activate the mod through the script I get CTD when loading battles as Ottoman Empire. Could this be related to not using Subs Power but the normal userscript ?

EDIT: I solved the problem ! I had to install Subs Power 1.5 and install the Polish units Mod (DME_Poland2.pack) via Sups Power mod.
    Last edited by SgtNase; July 18, 2013 at 09:10 AM.

I have a similar problem as Nizam. Even after placing the localization file into the data folder, the names for your units fail to show up anywhere. Checking the data folder showed that the localization file just disappears, randomly reappearing at times.

Disabling all mods in the Subs Power did nothing to resolve the situation. I also tried placing the localization file into the submod folder for your unit pack to see if that would do anything, but no luck.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks!

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

just check to make sure you only have one Localisation file in your data directory, DME places UPC 6.3 by default I the main game directory
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Yes, I've checked the data folder, and I don't see any other localization files other than UPC v6.3. The names still are not appearing.

I will check tomorrow using the sub power launcher
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Ok I have downloaded the Polish Mod and installed it.

Steps
    1. Check the main game folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data for any and all localisation files
    anything with UPC delete, also check for the CB Localisation and delete that
    2. Open the directory you downloaded your Polish Mod in
    3. Copy the two files
    a)DME_POLAND2.pack
    b)DME_UPC_v6_3.pack (I used the English version)
    into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data
    4. Rename DME_POLAND2.pack to DME_POLAND.pack
    5. Open the DME Launcher (I assume you have the sub-powers launcher installed if not get it here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...(updated-10-01)
    6. From the menu choose sub-mods - Polish units - enable
    7. Launch the game

All the units showed up fine (they have a blue background on the Unit Icon) and all the descriptions were there as well, some are unique, some are generic i.e. Dragoons
    There is no long description text or narrative when you open the unit card, just the unit names

Typically each unit has an On Screen Name i.e. Irish legion

A short description and a long description (see below for example of Irish Legion)

xxx
    unit_description_texts_long_description_text_ornamentum_infantry_irish_legion

The Irish Legion was originally created for a proposed invasion of Ireland. The concept was to create a unit of trained Irish officers and NCO�s who could incite the population of Ireland to rise up in a war of liberation against the British government in Ireland.

As the need for manpower increased, the Irish Legion was expanded from a battalion to a regiment. Men were recruited primarily from Irish and Scottish Jacobite expatriates. Other men came from Germany and Poland. Commands were given in French but the troops and officers spoke to each other in English or in their native tongues.

For the generic units like Dragoons you can simply leave the default, for unique units there is normally a history.

If anybody wishes to review and post any such text for the unique Polish units I will update the localisation file

Thanks for the instructions; I can also see the names now.

No probs., enjoy

Domesticus

This is compatable with Causa Belli, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    This is compatable with Causa Belli, right?
    it is indeed

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast