Thread: The Advantage that a desert would give..

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

Icon6 The Advantage that a desert would give..

Hi Guys .

The Desert is An Important Factor which the muslim caliphate took advantage over both the Sassinian & Roman Empires, the muslim used the desert as a "retreat camp" in case of a defeat, that is because these empires can't go through the wide risky arabian desert, so the muslims used it to reorganize their lines.

my question to the EOR team is will they use this factor? like giving muslim units the ability to go the through the desert while preventing others from doing so?

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Cyrene; December 29, 2012 at 09:52 AM.

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Default Re: The Advantage that A desert would give..

I'm not sure if we already planned to have such a feature in the game but it is a good idea in my opinion... Or give more movement points on the desert for the Arabian factions...

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Hello there!

It's definitely a factor to bear in mind, yes. Although our information on the Arab conquests is so darn shaky, it's difficult to say exactly what the decisive factor was. The fact we can't even say with absolute certainty whether the Arab invaders of the first half of the seventh were Muslims at all as we understand that term goes some way to demonstrating that- although the Arab faction in EoR will be portrayed as being Muslim simply because it's the easiest way to do it!

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimachos View Post
    I'm not sure if we already planned to have such a feature in the game but it is a good idea in my opinion... Or give more movement points on the desert for the Arabian factions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Hello there!

It's definitely a factor to bear in mind, yes. Although our information on the Arab conquests is so darn shaky, it's difficult to say exactly what the decisive factor was. The fact we can't even say with absolute certainty whether the Arab invaders of the first half of the seventh were Muslims at all as we understand that term goes some way to demonstrating that- although the Arab faction in EoR will be portrayed as being Muslim simply because it's the easiest way to do it!

Thanks for reply guys, +rep.

Default Re: The Advantage that a desert would give..

OMG this is a Great Idea . I would prefer Alkimachos second suggestion give movement points to the Arabian factions and If a Byzantine army (example) decides to follow that their movement point are really low so the Arabs may have the advantage.

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Hey,

Indeed such a feature is implemented already. We will preview more once we get to depoct the desert peoples in more detail.

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Deutschland View Post
    Hey,

Indeed such a feature is implemented already. We will preview more once we get to depoct the desert peoples in more detail.
    Great!