Thread: different forts

Default different forts

i was wondering if it could be possible to add different types of forts to res gestae. i was thinking of three kind of forts:

1. a day camp, when a roman force is in hostile territory and needs a safe place to stay for a short time. this camp has minor defences but prevents a
    hostile force to attack immediatly in your desadvantage. this camp isn't build to last and costs therefor only a few denarii.
    2. a semi-permanent camp, this camp is made entirely out of wood and is a safe base for a roman force while defending its borders. this camp is build to
    last some years and could hold off a siege for some turns.
    3. a permanent camp, this camp has a permanent place on the map (eg the borders), is build out of stone (or first out of wood, but with an option to
    upgrade it to stone) and is ment to last! these kind of forts should be quite expensive cause you only have to build a few of them on strategic
    places. these kind of forts could hold off a siege for, lets say, 7-8 turns.

i hope it's possible to have different forts cause that makes it a bit more realistic; the romans relied heavily on forts as a stronghold, a controle center and to impress their enemies.

Default Re: different forts

I believe only one type of forts is possible (per culture). Believe me, if they weren't, there would be some awesome things more than different fort types that could be done. Small cities anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    I believe only one type of forts is possible (per culture). Believe me, if they weren't, there would be some awesome things more than different fort types that could be done. Small cities anyone?
    is it hardcoded or doesn't anybody know how to change it?

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

at least stone forts. once that code is cracked i think the first thing that needs doing is the ability to destroy watchtowers, a.i. have no idea where to put them, its always somewhere i hate, but im fussy you know.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

is it hardcoded or doesn't anybody know how to change it?
    Hardcoded. Nothing any modders can do about it.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.