Thread: Steam Workshop mods/maps have no effect - Advices please?

Icon5 Steam Workshop mods/maps have no effect - Advices please?

I have two computers, the desktop has windows 7 and the laptop has windows 8. I have installed Shogun 2 on the laptop only a week ago with all DLCs and there's no way the files would have any problem (I've also verified the cache several times). However I'm experiencing a bizarre issue on the laptop: when I subscribe to anything on the steam workshop, whether it's a mod or a map, they would not show up when I start the game. But the workshop stuff works fine on the desktop.

I have found a few threads on steam and twcenter about the issue, but I wasn't able to find any working solution. A few more details I noticed after some trials:
    1. When I subscribe to a map, the map folder in AppData will have an empty folder made and named after the map. But it's empty so I cannot load it in the game.
    2. When I subscribe to a mod, the pack file is downloaded to the data folder and I get the option to tick mods at the beginning of the game. But they don't work either. When I change the pack file to movie format it works.
    3. Deleting the map folder doesn't work.
    4. Running steam as the administrator didn't work.
    5. Unsubscribe, delete related files, restart steam, re-subscribe, still no effect.
    6. I always start the game using steam for good measures.
    7. Of course the weirdest thing is, steam workshop works fine on my desktop but not on the laptop. There's no difference other than the operating system.

Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Steam Workshop mods/maps have no effect - Advices please?

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Thanks for the link although it's not quite the problem here... I reckon mods not showing up and maps not showing up are caused by the same thing and that probably has something to do with steam. Maybe another update or patch will solve it I hope.

[QUOTE=iqwerty;12390775]

When I change the pack file to movie format it works.

I'm having this problem today, can you tell me how to change the pack file to movie format? I'll try it. Cheers!

lol i have no idea how to do quotes

i have the same problem from 2 years now , and no help