Page 64 of 195 FirstFirst ... 143954555657585960616263646566676869707172737489114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 3883

Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

iCrusader's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Imperial Destroyer project v4.0 (Added New regions!)

this mod have the patchfiding bugs on siege battles?? (the famous 1fps bug)

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Does the torrent file contain patch 4 as well?
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

Yes, but not the hotfix.

Domesticus

For features, theres hundreds of new units(too many to list!), and gobs of new factions

Theres...short list...

The Hetmantate(Cossacks) who have Kiev, and are a protectorate of Russia
    Don Voisko. They have the region thats on the east of the Black Sea. Also a Russian protectorate, honestly not sure who they are, dont know that history very well. Theres the brand new Khiva Khanate in 4.0, in the NEW REGION! of Karatum

Theres the Hungarian Confederation in Transylvania(a constant thorn in the side for Austria!), and Jacobite Britain appears if Ireland or Scotland rebels
    Multiple new factions in India. Arcot, one I cant spell thats new in 4.0, and best of all, Banjar in the East Indies trade region!!! NEW REGIONS

In America, theres the Cree and Comanche as new Native factions

AI is much much better, easy is even a challenging experiance

New regions that replace the blank "wilderness" in America and Central Asia

So yeah, its a massive and great experiance.In a way, this is the supreme Darth Mod(why its named Imperial Destroyer, and has the Imperial March menu music )

Worth the download for sure. My favourite Empire mod

iCrusader's Avatar Civis

this mod require warpath dlc ?

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Don Voisko. They have the region thats on the east of the Black Sea. Also a Russian protectorate, honestly not sure who they are, dont know that history very well.
    I never heard of them, too. Google translator offers: войско = army, host, cohort. Voisko needs a capital letter in the game, that's for sure.

AI is much much better, easy is even a challenging experiance
    That's true, both the Battle AI and Campaign AI have improved, but leave still plenty of room for further development. I play on Hard/Hard, and what I see often on the battlefield are single AI units kept in reserve, who sit immobile in the rear of the battlefield, when the tide has long turned against them. They do so clearly not to cover the escape of the beaten army, as it first looks like, when 90 percent of their comrades have fled the battlefield. What are they waiting for? Even when they are the only enemy combat unit left on the battlefield, everybody else long gone, they refuse to leave. Most of the times one lonely full strength infantry battalion, which hadn't been in combat before… If that's an intended part of the AI improvement and meant that way, the only rationale I can think of is: inflicting a few more casualties to weaken the after-battle strategic situation of the winner of the day, I mean, in the long run. If he's on enemy territory and can't replenish there, even those few more casualties hurt a little. A human player would theoretically act like that in multiplayer mode. Kill as many as possible! In the zeal of battle a human player would forget about realism, accept high death tolls, waste lives, fight to the end, never having to justify own military casualties to a superior political authority (to a king or to the people).

In single player mode, I'd prefer a more realistic behaviour. When your whole army has already fled and you're the only guys left, you don't sit there and get slaughtered, too. The more often I see that, the more I suppose, it's not a deliberate AI "improvement" but some mistaken code.

The fighting to death, nearly, of town militia doesn't impress me neither as a proof of a smart AI, but this is a problem of ETW in general. It's not any "harder" at all to beat the AI that way, only costlier. Hard difficulty would mean: the AI withdraws wisely in the right moment, when things don't work out well, to fight on another day on more favorable grounds perhaps, not just accepting a high death toll and hold ground as long as possible.

On the campaign map, the AI behaviour resembles likewise a "human player's behaviour", who sometimes acts destructive and wasteful, in order to harm the opponent, with no sense for the realistic political implications of careless sacrifices of men. In the 18th century, captains who privately owned regiments, would have gone berserk, if their commander sends them on a suicide misson, ending in the total destruction of the full regiment. They would simply have not obeyed orders in such case.

As in a human multiplayer campaign, the AI doesn't care about historical events but just tries all in her power to harm the opponent. Yes, this does result in a more challenging game experience but imperially destroys immersion, historical roleplay and all 18th century atmosphere. I want both a proper game and proper "historical feeling"… The AI behaves grossly against historical lines, just to superficially appear tougher, without reaching the goal of being a threat to the human but instead reliably disfiguring the "historical feeling".

Oh, and disabling the ability of trading provinces, is another bummer for us historical feeling searchers! Again, an ETW feature that was extremely f* up (mindless offerings of the AI to trade absurdly remote provinces…) is completely removed from this mod. I don't know, whether I like that. Trading provinces occured constantly, especially as outcome of piece negotiations. At least that should be possible again in this mod, to make deals with provinces after war. Just think of the small Duchy of Savoy, how they ended up with Naples and Sicily as a result of a bargain, not because they conquered these lands.

It's a pity, that you can't return a conquered province to the former owner in this mod, anymore, as part of a greater deal with serves your strategic plans better than keeping that particular province. Lordsith, please bring back a debugged trading provinces feature! "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water". If that German saying exists in English.

By the way, is the AI of this mod the unaltered Darth AI? Is it still being worked on, at all? It's a balancing act to strengthen the AI and to satisfy realism, but this Darth AI falls off the cliff to the arcade side, in my opinion.

In a way, this is the supreme Darth Mod(why its named Imperial Destroyer, and has the Imperial March menu music )
    And I never figured out, why it was called Imperial Destroyer. Darth Mod isn't Mac compatible (yet), so I can't compare, but this would also be interesting to know, what the differences and further developments in Imperial Destroyer are.

Worth the download for sure. My favourite Empire mod
    Yes, regardless of all minor criticisms, it's simply fun!

I heartily agree with bringing back the region trading. I think it would work best if you could only buy (not give or trade) regions during peacetime, and only be allowed to give back occupied regions when working out a peace treaty during wartime. I honestly think that this would be a far more realistic alternative to what we have now in the mod as region deals similar to what I described have happened many times throughout history.

Domesticus

Erm, there is region trading, you have to put it in, its in one of the .rar files.

Unless you both just mean how crazy it is XD Personally I like it, Russian Maryland damnit. That was a big deal in my last campaign

But if it could be tied solely to peace treaties, that would be awesome as hell

Edit: Throwing out baby with the bath water is an English saying too

And for some reason I think that the Don Voisko is a second Cossack faction. Thats what I think of them as anyway. Hopefully LordSith can elaborate soon

Edit 2: I just did some wiki-fu, and yep, my suspicious was correct The Don Host of the Cossacks was an autonomous region of Russia in the 1700s, and was known as the Don Voisko Province!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Cossacks
    Last edited by Mr Kriegtooth; November 01, 2014 at 03:10 AM.

Please! More seeds for the torrent! It's been stuck at 22.3% for hours!
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

@Keinpherd: If you want to fight a logic & cunning AI on the battlefield, play the very first TW, Shogun TW,
    made some 15 years ago,
    he will withdraw if outmaneuvered, and at the same time, he will make it difficult to outmaneuver.
    Conversely, there's no maneuvering in ETW, its just place-your-units-and-wait-for-AI-to-walk-into-fire,
    as to why AI would charge in the first instance i do not know
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Enabled_regions.rar in the patch 4.0 allows to trade regions again, btw some informations about Don Voisko
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Republic
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulavin_Rebellion

can we get a launcher lol

is there a torrent version or a mod db or something cause its saying part one will take 13 hours to download, and I have very good internet lol

I had an ctd just after clicking fight on battlemap against the pirates as Britain, I thought u mentioned this issue was handled by the hotfix? :/ altough autoresolves work

How many new regions are there in Western Europe? I'd especially like to know how many there are in France.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolenko View Post
    I had an ctd just after clicking fight on battlemap against the pirates as Britain, I thought u mentioned this issue was handled by the hotfix? :/ altough autoresolves work
    Can someone help me with the installation of this? I'd love to play it but every time I follow the instructions, the main menu text is missing, and it's showing the DarthMod menu, even though I do not have DarthMod installed.

Trying to make this run on the Steam edition of ETW.

help please,
    regards,
    Aru

No new regions in Europe, the is a link in the first page that show pictures u can look at

Domesticus

To install, do as the front page says Unpack the mod, move the folder named data into the Empire Total War folder, and merge them

Move the script files to the proper folder, which may be a bit hard. I cant help always with that, but on Vista, its Documents, Local,Roaming, then Creative Assmbley. With 4.0, you can only use the early script

Then you should be able to play!

Edit: All the new regions are in areas where there was blank "wilderness", such as Canada, and the American Midwest. Now theres regions there, new factions.

In Europe, theres the Khiva Khanate in Central Asia thats a new faction and region. Theres an Arabia region now too

AND most exciting of all, Banjar in the east indies TRADE AREA! Apparently LordSith isworking on making regions in South America, and hopefully Africa
    Last edited by Mr Kriegtooth; November 01, 2014 at 04:55 PM.

Foederatus

"The cavalry Wallach" should be renamed to "Wallachian Cavalry" or else. To avoid confusion with the German word Wallach, which means castrated horse or donkey, and with Eli Wallach from the Spaghetti Westerns.

I'm getting a repeated CTD on the Hungarian turn in 1701 with the "Enabled Regions" lua files. I had had only one CTD before, also somehow connected with Hungary, when my rake performed an action against the Hungarian Confederation iron mine…

In my previous game with the slowed down movement rates I asked several times for peace to terms, that the other side would heartily agree with in Vanilla, no matter what difficulty level. I got as far as 25 turns and didn't observe a single peace treaty between anyone! Coincindence? But that doesn't mean, that peace treaties are completely disabled, does it? Come on, that would be one "removed" thing too much!

If I had one wish free for another thing to be removed from Empire Total War through this mod, it would be the "Total" in Total War. I mean a limited warplan feature. Wars between 1700 and 1800 were in the first place cabinet wars, wars of princes: small armies, nobles holding the high army ranks, limited war goals, fluctuating alliances. Limited war as the exact opposite of total war. Short wars that rarely aimed at taking the enemy's capital, humbling the enemy to the dust, eliminating a faction, leave alone world conquest. Cabinet wars as opposed to religious wars before 1700 or clashes of nations like after 1800. You win a battle or two, take a city, show superiority, and the peace treaty will push the boarders in this or that direction or instate a family member on a vacant throne. At present I see relentless, everlasting hundred year's wars between eternal enemies, the exact contrary to the specific 18th century limited goals warfare.

This doesn't mean to take away the option to conquer the world for players, who get the most out of that – just opening up a possibility to play it the cabinet war way.

Or would something like that be technically out of reach for lua scripting and modding facilities?

Protector's Avatar Senator

I just installed your mod on a fresh vanilla ETW version and I love all its features, especially the soundtrack and atmosphere in battles, just awesome.

BUT even with the hotfix (file date 25.10.2014) I got in my camaign after the 3rd turn a CDT.
    To be sure I completely uninstalled the entire ETW game (incl. the script file) and did a new ETW install an afterwords a new ID install with the addition of the hotfix.
    BUT again after turn 3 a ctd. I reinstalled the hotfix again started a new campaign and after turn 3 the ctd. Can't get any further with my campaign (the AI turn is too fast to see which nation is on its turn when the ctd occurs).

Any idea, any help what could cause this ctd ?

I really would love to go on with this mod gameplay.

Thx in advance.
    Last edited by Protector; November 01, 2014 at 05:18 PM.