Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

In my opinion,the all "trade ships" thing is broken.
    All ships should trade,like darthmod this should be change.
    Also the things mentioned above should be changed too.
    Mamelukes,crimean cant be ships!

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Making all ships trade ships is easy. Just open lord db units and lord core and go to unit stats naval and scroll far right under the can_trade column and just check every ship off. I can make a submod for this or you can send me your files to edit.

i still like using trade ships because of the 0 upkeep but having all ships trade is good too.

yes please.Can we make trade ships return higher profit from trade than other ships?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post15530386

Here is the forum link to my post. I dont know how to make trade ships have higher profit.

The mod is excellent.

As a suggestion I think the game gets more balanced if the skirmish skill was only for light infantry, as in the vanilla, because the AI ​​cavalry, which is no longer very intelligent, takes even more disadvantage when all line infantry shoots at once rather than the first row only.

Fire by Rank only for Elite Infantry, which accentuates this feature and limits 1 unit to each Elite Infantry.

So that AI does not stand at a disadvantage, especially the minor factions, release FBR from the beginning for everyone.

Fire and advance for grenadiers and superior line infantary only, to also emphasize these units.

Militias with a limit of 5 units per infantry. Prevents AI from recruiting full militia stacks.

Trade ships with limits, because when you reach 30, 40 units of trade is too easy and AI does not take that much advantage.

Thinking about the smaller factions, I noticed that there are several units in the packs that are not used. They could be used as reinforcement as the faction develops, for example: Portugal conquers Spain, the cavalry unit of Lusitanian dragons, royal carabineers or another could be freed to be recruited by Portugal. As Savoy conquered his Italian neighbors, some units unique to the conquered were liberated, and when the unification of Italy was over, there would be a more robust army to confront the larger factions.

But anyway the mod is very good, undoubtedly the best for empire, congratulations. I'm not putting defects at work I could not do half of it with all that quality.

Those things can be modified in Pack File Manager. I have made lots of tweaks myself to the mod.

I'm doing this too ... but I'm having some problems. I wanted to release a unit to be recruited by Austria exclusively in the region of Rumelia, but I can not find this region in the source region of the unit in dbunit.pack, there is only Anatolia or Middle East, it is not possible to just delete and write Rumelia, I do not know yet how to fix this problem.

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Greetings, I really like what this mod has come to be. There is one thing that bothers me and that is the lack of square formation. I know that there is a gameplay option to enable it but clearly the formation itself does not work well. There is, however, a solution to this problem and that is the pike square formation. The realism submod for LME (which is just awesome) has made use of this formation and it works amazingly well. It may look a bit odd because there is no gap in the middle but it is solid, very durable against cav charges and the units fire just fine. I believe that it would be a great addition to the mod.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

jazza's Avatar Libertus

it seems the ottomans cant build first line ships in campaign

Neron25's Avatar Foederatus

What is the recommended difficulty for campaign and battle for this mod?

I play with H/H
    in battles can be a little embarrasing but i like it to be tough
    Many problems with this modSome turns cant end,simply the end turn button does nothing.I have to save exit and reload to end the end.Sometimes it crashes.Also some runtime error crash from netframework and ofcourse in the best moment of the campaign Persia's turn simply lasts for ever and never end.This started when ai offered diplomatic money during AI TURN
    I dont know what to do
    Anyone else having this unstable behaviour?
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; March 17, 2018 at 03:46 PM.

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

So, after streamin the mod for 5 hours yesterday I have to say: Awesome work! I don't know how you did this, LordSith, but for some reason the AI is suddenly capable of loading troops on ships and move them around. Right at the start the UK moved a fullstack to North America and for the first time since I bought the game the UK was able to beat back the Iroquois. Spain landed an army in the Netherlands, Portugal and Sweden (which are both at war with my Kingdom of Prussia) landed troops at my coast! You have to constantly watch out for enemy invasions, this is great! On H/H the AI puts up a tough fight, especially in larger engagements. The smaller it gets, the worse the AI behavior, but of course there is just so much you can do about the bad work of the AI devs. xD Economical system seems to work fine, while nations without colonies are at a disadvantage in the beginning, going all in on farms and industry really yields a substantial income. I like that a lot. So far the most enjoyable experience I ever had with the game. Had planned for 3 hours of streaming, not 5. xD

@Sir_Aggelos_GR: Nope, not at all. Game runs much smoother than I am used to. Did you do a clean reinstall including deleting all game files in the steamapps folder and in AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire (hidden folder) before you installed the mod?
    Checking out games for historical accuracy: http://bit.ly/HiGaVFYD
    Let's Plays: http://bit.ly/HjalfFeuer

I dont know whats wrong with my installation.
    I owe a original copy from steam ofcourse.
    The no ending crash had happened in an old campaign playing with version 5.9 of this mod(playing as khiva)Turn # 140 in russias turn never ended so i have to stop the campaign.Now this happened early enough before turn # 50
    I will definately reinstall.There has to be something to do with VDM

Now as far as campaign are concerned i have to verify hjalfnar Ai tends to be very agressive and keeps landing army at your shores.Allies dont help that much either while enemy allies help each other.
    Ai has problem maintaining their ports and also port raiding is very usual.They should guard their ports permantly and focusing on navies to prevent invasions.Ai never invades another ai in india.
    Ai has problem defending their capital and definately ignores an enemy invasion and siege of their capital.I was playing as marocoo and invaded portugal.they had a full army in their port of oporto i landed near their capital and they didnt move their army to reenforce their capital.Capitals are of crucial value.Ai should spent more on having troops there.
    Campaign is more balanced in india and america and only a small amount of nations are destroyed,this problem was more intense in India which was becoming very early a one's man land.
    Protectorates should follow you once they become and become automatically enemy with your enemies.
    Sieges are ok
    In Naval battles i would prefer an increase is accuracy of shooting in marines aboard so that you lose more crew and marines from shooting.They seem to miss all the time
    In land battles:I little better use of cavalry is suggested.They should be used in late battle and flank as much as possible.They seem to waste them in the beggining.Mortar crews go on melee if they are of target.Either make mortars slowly move or prohibit this.
    Game needs all ships to trade i think is better like that ai sends ships to trade also they send ships to trade theaters to raid!.Nevertheless most of the ships must be kept back to blocade and secure ports and shores.
    Technology trades for techs or money should be increased and definately must return into the game.More + in relations with nations you trade techs with
    DONT FORGET TO REENABLE the techs for building ships to some minor new nations (mamelukes,crimean etc) as they are unable to build ships and therefor are unplayable (tech missing is modern shipbuilding)
    If you blocade an ai and slowly he runs out of money what does it do?Is this affecting them or not?If this happens this could trigger 2 things in my opinion (negative - in attitude of the peaple due to bankrupsy) and disbanting of troops.I dont know if blocading is affecting them.Not sure yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	358.1 KB 
ID:	351681Reinstalled vdm and disabled diplomacy script.This is the exception.Why is this happening?
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; March 19, 2018 at 01:52 PM.

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

A problem I noticed after yesterdays stream, while the music chosen for the mod is great, it is also sadly causing copyright problems. These versions of these famous songs are creative commons, so you should be able to use them without causing copyright infringements for streamers and youtubers:

Checking out games for historical accuracy: http://bit.ly/HiGaVFYD
    Let's Plays: http://bit.ly/HjalfFeuer

What are the First Nations factions like in this mod?

Did this mod used to have royal marines that looked like this? https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20111027102831

Note the black boots. I swore I used to have a mod that did and it may be this one.

is there anyway of getting v5 back? i prefer the old skins for the british. not to kean on the newst ones. the skins are all too bright and have lesser detail then previous versions

Playing with single region minors or american natives with VDM makes the game very tough.Your income is very low even with increases income file.There must be an increase in income in order to be competitive.
    Lordsith any news ? are you planning anything new?

Hello !

For the third time in a campaign with Imperial Destroyer both Wurttemberg and Munster (which I planned to get as peace protectorates) became protectorates of a native American faction.That's very annoying and destroys all realism. I mean, Munster could easily destroy any of the Native faction but would decide to give up to them their autonomy ? That doesn't make any sense. They don't even know each other, small German states never had a foot on Northern America
    I thought VDM would fix this but it doesn't. Do you guys have any idea of a possible fix ? By modifying a script or something...

is this mod still being updated?