Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

fire-fox's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Why warpath campaign doesn't work with this mod??

fire-fox's Avatar Laetus

Icon4 Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Quote Originally Posted by Toxe View Post

I could only play two rounds as France because after the seconds time I ended my turn I had a naval battle, grouped my 4 ships in a line formation and the game crashed once I unpaused.
    i have same problem concerning campaign battles

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

How's the progress on the new version going Lordsith?

Ive personally also encountered alot of troubles whilst playing late campagin as USA in my humble opinion:
    as in:
    - texas, florida and black hills keep rioting
    - as slaves on plantations issues
    - not worked out usa roster
    - Denmark keeps declaring war, so does Spain
    -AI barely uses their tradeships making it too easy to dominate trade routes
    - USA is easily the most dominant country after 12 turns wich is inaccurate
    - also selling technology to non european countries makes it extremely easy to expand.

So does the AI have to abide to VDM ?

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by bobwauters View Post
    Ive personally also encountered alot of troubles whilst playing late campagin as USA in my humble opinion:
    as in:
    - texas, florida and black hills keep rioting
    - as slaves on plantations issues
    - not worked out usa roster
    - Denmark keeps declaring war, so does Spain
    -AI barely uses their tradeships making it too easy to dominate trade routes
    - USA is easily the most dominant country after 12 turns wich is inaccurate
    - also selling technology to non european countries makes it extremely easy to expand.
    You do know that a lot of options you've mentioned were disabled in basic mod for a reason (technology trading, trade ships etc)?..

I know I know, I just wanted to point it out and perhaps we could have a better game experience with these options enabled.

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Toxe View Post
    Well, I am new to this mod and just installed ID 5.0 + VDM 2.2 and started a year 1700 grand campaign as France. Here are some mixed first impressions from a first time user.

• The installation is a bit annoying with all its file management, but I can live with that. Probably no way around it.
    • Installation instructions could be more clear, for example I initially didn't find the user.script file because I was looking inside the Data folder.
    • I'm sorry but English should be the default language. (And I am not even a native English speaker saying this.)
    • Why is everything on the campaign map so dark? All the medium-dark grey backgrounds of menus and windows do not make the text more readable and are just annoying on the eyes. Everything is so dim and gloomy.
    • Why is the sun so low? This in turn yields a lot of long shadows, which again makes everything more dark.

I could only play two rounds as France because after the seconds time I ended my turn I had a naval battle, grouped my 4 ships in a line formation and the game crashed once I unpaused.

Hmmm. This might be a great mod but the initial impression so far is really mixed, sorry to say that. What especially turns me off is this dark and gloomy atmosphere.
    Could you please post a screenshot of the "dim and gloomy" menus? I don't have any problems with that and it might indicate an incorrect installation. Same for shadows and battle crashes, as I never experienced CTDs with this mod.
    Checking out games for historical accuracy: http://bit.ly/HiGaVFYD
    Let's Plays: http://bit.ly/HjalfFeuer

Can the Dismount option be re-enabled ?

Hey anybody knows how to replace the stock musket sounds in the mod with general Andy's musket sounds? placing the mod file in the data folder doesn't change anything, it must be conflicting with some other file?

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Lordsith View Post
    It can be edited by a groupformation editor like this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mations-editor
    What files I have to use with this tool?

Dumb question I know, do the Streltsy have muskets in this mod?

Papal State, Apache and Sioux haven't building's name on their informations title panel. For papal state all buldings, for native american ones only some. Am I the only one to see this?

Found a bug : starting as France, near the Mediterranean, moving the militia unit into the port sometimes causes a crash. Happens to me and a friend too. Moving a pikeman into the port causes no crash. Only the Milices de France causes a crash when moving into the Mediterranean port. I moved that same unit into the port near paris and no crash.

Edit: Just tried a few more times and no crash doing the same thing. I guess it is not 100% of the time but it has happened a couple times to my friend and I
    Last edited by Cody712; November 18, 2017 at 10:43 AM.

DeftlyPlayed's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Cody712 View Post
    Found a bug : starting as France, near the Mediterranean, moving the militia unit into the port sometimes causes a crash. Happens to me and a friend too. Moving a pikeman into the port causes no crash. Only the Milices de France causes a crash when moving into the Mediterranean port. I moved that same unit into the port near paris and no crash.

Edit: Just tried a few more times and no crash doing the same thing. I guess it is not 100% of the time but it has happened once
    This has happened to me a number of times. Not 100% of the time but enough to have lodged in my mind that it is a bug.

One other bug report would be regarding naval battles. I got over too close to the border of the battle area and one of my ships would not move back away from the border. It was like the border line was a ship magnet. The game did not crash or freeze but I had to just move on and finish the battle with the rest of my ships. Could never get that ship to move away from the border line.

Deftly says the option to demand surrender is grayed out. How do you enable it? Thanks

edit: figured it out.
    Last edited by Cody712; November 20, 2017 at 07:13 AM.

Vaessili's Avatar Foederatus

Hi everyone and hi Losdsith !

Again, tanks for your mod, it stills give me a ton of fun !

It seems you're currently working on something for the mod. Well, I want to add my own stone to the wall so to speak. It's regarding the French and the French Royal Navy. Since the last update, you've replaced the "compagnie franche de la marine" by what seems to be "Louis XIV era bombardiers de la marine" who are handling the gunnery. Well, it's not accurate as the gunner (and even the master gunner) did not wear any uniform in the King's Navy of the XVIII°. The "compagnie franche" and the "bombardiers corp" weren't sailors so to speak. Unlike the British, French Army and Navy weren't in good terms during the XVIII°. So, when the Navy was asked to send troop oversea, it has to raise their own unless the king says otherwise. So this troops belong to the navy but aren't used on the king's ship for most part (as far as I know).

Here are some screenshots taken form the French navy's museum website where they display the life on a 74guns ship of the line in the second half of the XVIII°.

And here the gunners:

As you may see, the officer's uniform is red expect for the jacket, which is blue. This uniform is the same from 1700 to the Napoleonic empire as far as I know. In your mod, the pants is blue

Here the link of the website : http://www.musee-marine.fr/programme...edia/vieabord/

Have a good day, best regards !

I see in pack file manager there are units from AUM but in game I dont see many in game. Did you pick and choose which ones to use?

Edit: I got the units back in game. But for the next update you should add in missing icons and textures for some aum units, and use them in game. shotgunners, garrison guards, british marines nock volley gun have no icon.
    Swiss line, Swiss guards, Swiss grenadiers, freiklops line infantry, hessian jaegers, Irish volunteer infantry, royal British grenadier guards, African infantry guards, British fusiliers, Royal Cairo infantry guards,west India company infantry, east European infantry mercenaries have no textures. I am adding them back in the game myself.
    Last edited by Cody712; November 23, 2017 at 10:49 PM.

Why were earthworks removed from every unit? I kind of liked them. Could you post an option with them back on for lord db units and lord core so I can copy and paste them back in please?
    Last edited by Cody712; November 24, 2017 at 05:13 PM.

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Cody712 View Post
    I see in pack file manager there are units from AUM but in game I dont see many in game. Did you pick and choose which ones to use?

Edit: I got the units back in game. But for the next update you should add in missing icons and textures for some aum units, and use them in game. shotgunners, garrison guards, british marines nock volley gun have no icon.
    Swiss line, Swiss guards, Swiss grenadiers, freiklops line infantry, hessian jaegers, Irish volunteer infantry, royal British grenadier guards, African infantry guards, British fusiliers, Royal Cairo infantry guards,west India company infantry, east European infantry mercenaries have no textures. I am adding them back in the game myself.
    I don't think so. The textures look very different from the ones used in this mod and most units are not historically accurate for SYW theme of Imperial Destroyer.