Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

I have started a new campaign playing as chanate of khiva( LOCATED EAST FROM CASPIA SEA UZBECHISTAN TURKMENISTAN) H/H ID V5.0+VDM 2.1 20 UNIT CAMPAIGN
    I have been fighting the Russians for 25 years (over 100 turns) managed to hold my only region,high tech my empire and recentrly gained some regions.Paid attention espesially in land battles and sieges(I don't access to sea yet) I have to say they are quite good althought there are some bugs that normally cant be fixed.The fact I don't like is the way ai uses cavalry,i would prefer more maneuvers and flanking or hitting the rear instead of sparing themselves in front to front attacks.Ai also spares the generals especially if an army has 2 of them or one of them comes as reinforcing one,he will suicide attack for sure.Them seem to tire themselves by moving back and forward and rarely hit the flank or rear.
    Hope the new morale system will bypass this.
    One more thing about CAI.
    I managed to make a military alliance with Persia they seem to be strong enough,they joined my war against Russia they have troops in my border,i have been invaded for 60 turns they never send an army to my capital to support me.On the contrary Russia had a full stack in don voisko region to prevent me from capturing.Human allies seem to act differently.
    I can provide more detail in some matters(BAI behavior,CAI behavior,diplomacy,nations strength,etc)
    You can ask me anything you want,im here to test
    cheers!

EDIT1
    WHAT a strange bug?ai seems to attack a ghost time that happens to be my capital!Yet they are in the middle of nowhere and not at my walls,my capital is to the east wtfClick image for larger version. 

Name:	bug.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	630.2 KB 
ID:	346550

EDIT2
    Some more minor micro bugs.
    a)sometimes when I click the end turn button the end wont end and the game stays as it is.
    FIX
    At that time I know that I have to save and exit the game.IF although I manage to end the end the game will surely crash during ai turn
    b)I saw some army being trapped in a building/town unable to move for some reason
    FIX
    use a past save
    c)armies teleport and I cant seen their march.I click on them to move and I instantly see them to the location I click
    d)the bug above

EDIT3
    Can you fix the mortar/cannon crews going on melee when their guns are off range.It happens when ai attack especially when they try to break a siege.It leaves their forces uncovered.I recall a darthmod bug where mortars used to move.Prohibit them to move let them stay and stand their ground

In diplomatic relations there are no gifts anymore.Ai nations have terrible opinion about you.Most off the nations I trade or being ally/protectorate are hostile and this cant be changed.They get a tremendous - from (ally with enemy nation) although I'm not ally with any enemy nation.
    I could suggest that for every agreement you make game should give a + because it will change diplomatic relations.I trade and sell them techs and this should make relations better.Its very realistic with the nations you make agreements to have good relations with you.

EDIT4
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bug2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	760.9 KB 
ID:	346636CARCASS SHOT not listed or appearing any info ,this also happens with some units
    in my opinion fire and advance & skirmish mode should increase accuracy when activated because they are underpowered-almost useless

LAST UPDATE

turn 140 in Russia's turn seems not to end,game still running after several hours(its not in non responding state it is just running and doing nothing)
    have to quit the campaign SORRY
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; July 04, 2017 at 10:26 AM.

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

I don't think that making artillery units smaller is a good idea, as it will make them pretty useless. Artillery played a key role in 18th century warfare and could inflict severe casualties if used correctly. Decently sized armies at the time of about 40'000 men would usually bring at the very least 150 guns into battle. Translate that into a fairly balanced army stack in Empire Total War consisting of say a general, 12 infantry, 4 cavalry and 3 artillery units and you'll get a similar cannon/men ratio as in most historical armies.

However it should be said that I have multiplied the unit sized by 1.8 times (288 men/regular line inf.), which doesn't affect the number of cannons per unit, and because of that I might not have encountered the unbalance that some people may have using the normal unit sizes.

So perhaps the answer is to make units slightly larger while maintaining the amount of cannons?

Hi lord, I just ask one thing, why does units' formation separate? I mean there is a space between two units. Why don't units set their formation like vanilla? Is there a special reason of that?

Been playing a campaign with Sweden for a while and must ask if there is any way to recruit more pikemen. The Poles seem to recruit some but i have not seen an option to recruit any for my faction?

Hi again
    I started 2 new campaigns with ID 5.0 and VDM
    and I will provide some more feedback.
    a)Ai definitely has problem defending its ports.Too much port raiding recapturing etc.This causes problems to major nations that become weak.Something must be done here
    b)Ai invades from sea but not that much and rarely goes to india.He will invade only to attack human players
    c)When ai defends a battle some units remain remote and don't move.You must prohibit them from deploying behind low walls,and make ai deploy at the same spot
    d)Trading is messy too.Very little trade and you cant defend trade ships but only if you mix trade ships with normal ships.Banish trade ships and make all ships capable of trading in my opinion.
    e)Diplomacy becomes "stiff".Nations that don't have a reason declare war and remain hostile even if they never attack you.To make matters worse your allies never help you actively
    even if they can
    f)The most exposed nations in the game are the big 3 (UK,FRANCE,SPAIN).Can be easily be captured by human in campaigns because they tend to have small armies in their capitals.This is normal because they have a vast amound of colonies and spread their forces.Always 1 full stack in their capital and always guard their ports

To the creator of this mod, I wanted to tell you that it's the best Empire mod that I've played, but I want to add a suggestion: How about you add the Napleonic era to this mod? With Napoleonic era units, the amazing graphics in your mod and the huge Empire total war map, this mod will be even better than the original Napoleon game. It's only a suggestion of course, but if it was possible it would be the dream of many total war gamers coming true

It would be really cool if you added the early 19th century to this mod (The napoleonic era). If you added some Napoleonic era units and cannons That way we will have the Napoleonic era but with the huge Empire total war map. What do you think?

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Bioscientist View Post
    To the creator of this mod, I wanted to tell you that it's the best Empire mod that I've played, but I want to add a suggestion: How about you add the Napleonic era to this mod? With Napoleonic era units, the amazing graphics in your mod and the huge Empire total war map, this mod will be even better than the original Napoleon game. It's only a suggestion of course, but if it was possible it would be the dream of many total war gamers coming true
    Agreed, it's good idea, however i won't work on new era units. Such a large and creepy mount of work.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Been playing a campaign with Sweden for a while and must ask if there is any way to recruit more pikemen. The Poles seem to recruit some but i have not seen an option to recruit any for my faction?
    Pikemen can't be recruited anymore. Most european units in the mod based on the middle period of the 18th century.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by kipy6940 View Post
    Hi lord, I just ask one thing, why does units' formation separate? I mean there is a space between two units. Why don't units set their formation like vanilla? Is there a special reason of that?
    Wide space between units prevents messing up during the skirmish of line infantries of BAI, such way helps BAI to form steady lines.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    Hi again
    I started 2 new campaigns with ID 5.0 and VDM
    and I will provide some more feedback.
    a)Ai definitely has problem defending its ports.Too much port raiding recapturing etc.This causes problems to major nations that become weak.Something must be done here
    b)Ai invades from sea but not that much and rarely goes to india.He will invade only to attack human players
    c)When ai defends a battle some units remain remote and don't move.You must prohibit them from deploying behind low walls,and make ai deploy at the same spot
    d)Trading is messy too.Very little trade and you cant defend trade ships but only if you mix trade ships with normal ships.Banish trade ships and make all ships capable of trading in my opinion.
    e)Diplomacy becomes "stiff".Nations that don't have a reason declare war and remain hostile even if they never attack you.To make matters worse your allies never help you actively
    even if they can
    f)The most exposed nations in the game are the big 3 (UK,FRANCE,SPAIN).Can be easily be captured by human in campaigns because they tend to have small armies in their capitals.This is normal because they have a vast amound of colonies and spread their forces.Always 1 full stack in their capital and always guard their ports
    Did you test with Bran Mac Born CAI? How it works with Imperial Destroyer?

to be honest i havent thought about using Bran born Cai for vanilla.Nice idea!
    I have also contacted him and he said he could make a version for your mod, if you permit so.
    I will try it

Oh well The engine in your mod looks pretty similar to the Napoleon engine. Maybe instead of working on new unit models it would be possible to simply use the models from Napoleon?

Patrician

British "The Blues"
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Lordsith; July 17, 2017 at 11:28 AM.

started a new campaign
    playing as chanate crimea H/H, unit multi 1.3 ,20 units with VDM and bran mac cai
    Apart from the standar war declaration in firClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	688.2 KB 
ID:	347204st turn between UP and spain i noticed that chanate of crimea cannot built ships due to modern shipbuilding tech is not researched!
    This leaves the nation unplayble for future expanding
    Also they get a lot amount of income, in turn 4 and i have stock of 40k and have built everything
    turn5
    Gb declares war even we had a trade agreement and sent a fleet with 3 ships to disembark an army to my shores.I was joined only by ottoman,tarki betray us they send 2 ships to intercept and Gb left only with 1 ship and finally disembarked at my shore a 18 unit army.I have the walls but not the numbers.
    Ottoman proposes to make a military alliance for 8k,i also made barbary state my allies.
    turn 6
    multiple war declarations by prussia and UP on me i was joined by barbary states only even though i had paid money for the turks.I dont know why military alliances break that easily.They should get a higher + when you give money
    I also see more port blocation and less port raiding
    turn 7
    declaration of war on me by denmark and portugal.Fighting the siege for my survivalClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	732.1 KB 
ID:	347206
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; July 18, 2017 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    started a new campaign
    playing as chanate crimea H/H, unit multi 1.3 ,20 units with VDM and bran mac cai
    Apart from the standar war declaration in firClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	688.2 KB 
ID:	347204st turn between UP and spain i noticed that chanate of crimea cannot built ships due to modern shipbuilding tech is not researched!
    This leaves the nation unplayble for future expanding
    Also they get a lot amount of income, in turn 4 and i have stock of 40k and have built everything
    turn5
    Gb declares war even we had a trade agreement and sent a fleet with 3 ships to disembark an army to my shores.I was joined only by ottoman,tarki betray us they send 2 ships to intercept and Gb left only with 1 ship and finally disembarked at my shore a 18 unit army.I have the walls but not the numbers.
    Ottoman proposes to make a military alliance for 8k,i also made barbary state my allies.
    turn 6
    multiple war declarations by prussia and UP on me i was joined by barbary states only even though i had paid money for the turks.I dont know why military alliances break that easily.They should get a higher + when you give money
    I also see more port blocation and less port raiding
    turn 7
    declaration of war on me by denmark and portugal.Fighting the siege for my survivalClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	732.1 KB 
ID:	347206
    I got the same problem with Mamluks, i cannot built ships due to modern shipbuilding tech is not researched, pretty lame :'(

is it possible to change behavior of ai, because it seems to me like ai from 1.0 version when they betray everything, or even that stupid random declaration of wars on human..... like if country is controlled by human: declare war. i wanan enjoy game not have always war mode.

Well, i will share some of my experience playing this mod

Im playing as Ottoman early campaign and late campaign. In early campaign, i dont know why ai very aggresive. At 15 turn i got almost power of europe declaring war against me like Gb,Spain,prussia even france and the other. But in late campaign it seems diffrent. Ai not stupid anymore, only border nation declaring war against me.it even because various reason like i ally with his enemy and his protector (in this case moldivia as russian protectorate) declaring war against me. Even Moldavia declaring war against me because (my opinion) my enemy Austria like wanna lose the war. I like diplomatic section in late campaign but what i dont like is stacking navy and army(army in ship). Diffrent with early campaign. In early campaign ai will sail to my shore and try to capture my region but in late campaign, i saw army in ship(like gonna make supprise attack) is stacking. Almost 15 turn ai only stayed at that possition. The problem is ai bringing almost his entire ship and cannot deffend his own port. Well to sum up,I think diplomatic section in late campaign is totally better than early campaign. I hope late campaign diplomatic can same with early campaign diplomatic with little improvement. Thank you for your attention.

*most stacking ships and army are in theater teleport

Maybe people have noted this before, but it seems AI will make silly protectorate alliances. For example, Pirates will have 6 protectorates. Bavaria will have 3 protectorates, often of a much stronger faction. Perhaps this issue is not resolvable, but I didn't notice it so much in previous versions.

i think it's diplomatic ai late and early is same . After 12 turn created my feedback post, ai suddenly declaring war against me by sending their ship and landed in my teritorry. Well problem from early come again. I hope ai behavior can be fixed in next update. Thanks