Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

in my experience the marathans never made it further then 2 provinces. i have 3 playthrougs now and in 2 of them the marathan conf was done and vanished at around turn 50 and the third has the marathans with 2 provinces at turn 70
    i belive that adding france AND britain to the theater would balance stuff even more. i mean im playing france right now and just took orissa by force (after offering the mughals 120k and they denied lol) but the marathans are dead and its hard to get them back. when i came to india with france, all i saw was a huge green landmass (mughals) with the 4 little other kingdoms and they all where allied to each other so the whole continent got stuck and stagnated. that would not hav ehappened with 2 nations there, that never get along. they would fight each other and split indian kingdoms by that.

darthmod had it exactly that way. orissa for france and bengal for GB form the start on..it made india a hell of a fun place. i think maybe lordsith should just ad it as a optional startpos so we can find out how it works with all the other imperial destroyer factors. at the end noone can be certain without trying it out. in darthmod atleast it worked. only reference i can give. yet.

its complicated to manage it all manually. what i did with france until now was (in order)

declared war on the mughals
    every other indian kingdome declared war on me
    conquer orissa
    conquered hyderbad and abandoned it just to get the rebells their own kingdome
    hyderbad became a independet kingdome and allied with me
    i paid mysore to get peace with them and worked hard on good relations
    tried a million times to revive the marathans but it didnt work yet

my end goal is going to be:

getting the marathans back
    conquering bengal just to gift it to britain
    help the marathans to become strong
    and finnaly a mysore/mughal/hyderbad/french alliance fighting the marathan/britain -and what ever else indian faction decides to allie with them- alliance

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPierre244 View Post
    in my experience the marathans never made it further then 2 provinces. i have 3 playthrougs now and in 2 of them the marathan conf was done and vanished at around turn 50 and the third has the marathans with 2 provinces at turn 70
    i belive that adding france AND britain to the theater would balance stuff even more. i mean im playing france right now and just took orissa by force (after offering the mughals 120k and they denied lol) but the marathans are dead and its hard to get them back. when i came to india with france, all i saw was a huge green landmass (mughals) with the 4 little other kingdoms and they all where allied to each other so the whole continent got stuck and stagnated. that would not hav ehappened with 2 nations there, that never get along. they would fight each other and split indian kingdoms by that.

darthmod had it exactly that way. orissa for france and bengal for GB form the start on..it made india a hell of a fun place. i think maybe lordsith should just ad it as a optional startpos so we can find out how it works with all the other imperial destroyer factors. at the end noone can be certain without trying it out. in darthmod atleast it worked. only reference i can give. yet.
    As I've mentioned the Indian setup was the same like vanilla/Darthmod in this mod back in time. And it was just Maratha blobbing in several years and completely conquering Mughals. Lordsith just did not come to the present one from nowhere.
    Just google "maratha problem empire total war".

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

I've been playing the latest version and it looks..arcade-ish. Firefights can end in seconds...at maximum range. At this range an elite unit should score barely any casualties while an average one close to none.There is no room for tactics and proper positioning, units are like machineguns. Also, they really need more ammunition. I really like the mod, been playing it for years. But this drastic gameplay change is game-breaking for me. IMO things should slow down quite a bit. MUCH lower accuracy that increases rapidly at close range but allows for lengthy firefights at long and even medium range, slower unit movement and slower reload time. I also think that the difference between elites and regulars should be much bigger in terms of morale but especially shooting. I just saw a low-quality eastern unit kill 20 men with one volley at maximum range. Just my 2 cents.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Lordsith allready stated that will make a submod with the v6.0 gunfights. i also inceast that milia should have lower moral, worst accuracy, worst melee but also volley fire.

Hi Lordsith, are u planning add more units for Poland, i am asking because I have old submod compatible with 3.7 version of your mod or even older. Submod was abandoned and finally removed from polish forum but i still got all files on my PC i been trying update ID and stats to 6.0 version but I didn’t make it there was a bug on turn reload many times i had no idea how to fix it, if u interested I could upload this unit pack and u could eventually use few best units and add them to your mod.
    thanks

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I made some changes for future version
    -Militia now can skirmish
    -new tree and effects of buildings of one celled regions.
    -removed religion spreading( to return this ability you need to install certain option)

Quote Originally Posted by adrians38 View Post
    Hi Lordsith, are u planning add more units for Poland, i am asking because I have old submod compatible with 3.7 version of your mod or even older. Submod was abandoned and finally removed from polish forum but i still got all files on my PC i been trying update ID and stats to 6.0 version but I didn’t make it there was a bug on turn reload many times i had no idea how to fix it, if u interested I could upload this unit pack and u could eventually use few best units and add them to your mod.
    thanks
    Ok, i need a download link.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

I made some changes for future version
    Super!! thank you Lordsith!

-new tree and effects of buildings of one celled regions.
    i am not sure if i understand what is this changes

removed religion spreading
    So we will have back priests or no religion at all? religion was and still is a paragon for politics and war.

I don't know what you were thinking of limiting the ammo to only allow 5 shots per unit or whatever it is. That is NOT historical realism at all and is just frustrating, what made you think it was a good idea doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel A View Post
    I don't know what you were thinking of limiting the ammo to only allow 5 shots per unit or whatever it is. That is NOT historical realism at all and is just frustrating, what made you think it was a good idea doing that?
    I also want to add, that if you won't add units that didn't exist in the seven years war, then why are you implementing mechanics that are utterly unreal and false. You should add the correct (60) rounds for units, not 9 rounds a unit, it's utterly ruined my experience playing this otherwise amazing mod, and I'll be heading back to DM until this mod gets patched to sort out the ammo.

I also want to add, that if you won't add units that didn't exist in the seven years war, then why are you implementing mechanics that are utterly unreal and false. You should add the correct (60) rounds for units, not 9 rounds a unit, it's utterly ruined my experience playing this otherwise amazing mod, and I'll be heading back to DM until this mod gets patched to sort out the ammo.
    someone will have to do a submod for the ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by vanquisher92 View Post
    someone will have to do a submod for the ammunition
    Believe me, if I could, I would. However unfortunately I don't have modding experience. Also if something isn't broken, don't fix it.

Funny because I think exactly the same, and I also rolled back to DarthMod
    It's a shame because Imperial Destroyer 6.0 was so good
    I'm concerned about the future planned religion modifications too

Hello already congratulations for your mod that makes me want to play again worse. One question however is possible to play with 40 units, because I try with editsf as usual is impossible? But I change the 20 to 40 units is nothing happening. An idea thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys IV le Grand View Post
    Funny because I think exactly the same, and I also rolled back to DarthMod
    It's a shame because Imperial Destroyer 6.0 was so good
    I'm concerned about the future planned religion modifications too
    I feel the same way, I wish that Lord would consult his fans first before he adds very game-changing mechanics to his mod.

If someone know where is the bulkeley regiment in lord_dbunit.pack i don't find him ?

Patrician

Added video (promo). Thanks to Fahnat

Hello Lordsith!
    First i must say that i really enjoy your mod. Now that we have more ammo options again it's even better. I noticed that square formation is also available via separated pack. Any change you could make same for the grenadiers ability to use grenades again. Even just for the basic grenadiers, perhaps limit their numbers? Also russia have some cool grenadier hand mortar unit in vanilla. I would like to see those for the russia again with little more range.

I know grenadiers historically rarely used grenades in RL. They were more like a elite troop to be used in hard situations. It's just that it could bring some little more depth to the game.

Keep up the great work +rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordsith View Post
    Added video (promo). Thanks to Fahnat

Superb video promo work! Imperial Destroyer is certainly one of, if not the best looking overhaul mod out there today.

I have some questions for Lordsith about certain features in the mod.

1. The cavalry use the same banners as the infantry, which is nice as this spices up the cavalry units' visual profile. However, do you know if they might be able to use a different and smaller style of banner, more like this:

2. In Napoleon, the army movement radius on the campaign map is blue, like the unit selection markers in battles. In ETW, it's green. Is it possible to make this blue as well for Imperial Destroyer?

3. One thing that bothers me about ETW (and NTW) is that the trees on the battlefield look significantly worse than in the next game, Shogun 2. It would be a great graphical improvement if one could somehow import those Shogun 2 tree models in ETW/NTW. Thoughts on this?

Thanks for a well thought out and impressive mod!
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

Patrician

I realised one more time, the ships are not recommended for indians
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

if only we could see europeans invade India too.
    The two main problems of ai are:
    1)AI is passive against other enemy ai's
    2)Ally ai's dont help you against enemies.
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; February 10, 2019 at 03:48 AM.