Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

I'll bought some lands from russians and its okay now but anyway thank you so much for this great mod it will always be no=1 on my list

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Hey Lordsith, I noticed that my generals can't build forts. If no, how can I enable them to build forts?
    Thanks
    SH

Domesticus

Hey, im having a persistant crash to desktop with IDP 4.9, Lord Maches and the newest VDM, turn 1 as Poland-Lithuania in the Late Campaign, and crashes on the turn 1 when it reaches the new Dagestan guys

Just wanna say though, that everything looks awesome!

İ think something wrong with pirates in santa domıngo on early turns ı bought some lands from other states and its okay but thıs tıme it wasnt even effect it dirty pirates

Domesticus

I have a small complaint...I noticed in the late campaign that the Austrians do not have the Windbusche unit(the rifle was invented in 1779), and the British dont have any rockets! I love those two units

I want to say Poland should still have Winged Hussars, but grrr they were disbanded in 1777. But I love them so much!

Domesticus

Oh dear god, I just found the Hussaria unit

I hope that you're working on a new Winged Hussar model! They retained their famous wings and heavy armor up until their end in 1777 when the last Winged Hussar units were disbanded. They are a really important part of Polish military history of the 17th and 18th century, and are visually spectacular So do please bring them back, if you arent already remodelling them or something!

There is a mod http://forum.totalwar.org.pl/showthr...STROYER/page44 it has a lot of new units for PLC, but the file is the last post. Unfortunately the file is on page where if u dont have premium account u will download it very slowely. But I will download it and try it with ID and write if it working. And Lordsith plz add this mod into ID. Please !

Better working link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tb5o3ks5gf...%204.5.7z?dl=0
    Last edited by preussen6; June 29, 2016 at 08:37 AM.

Domesticus

I believe I played that one several versions back It was really good, but way too beefy. They should have made a light version of it

I did love how they had multiple Winged Hussar units with different gear and colours though. Winged Hussars traditionally fought with pistol, lance, sword, or hammer! Colours.....my research didnt say if they were required, but they apparently mostly wore red or blue

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Mr.Kriegtooth
    All unit rooster now focused on the middle period of 18 century. If you can notice there are no Late and early style uniforms anymore. Those Winged hussars is obsolete of Hussaria unit, and yes Windbusche rifles are interesting units, but it relates to the late period of 18 century
    Ron 1.3 unfortunately isn't compatible with the latest update
    Last edited by Lordsith; June 30, 2016 at 12:21 AM.

Yes, I know but can u intergrated into mod ?

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Oh dear god, I just found the Hussaria unit

I hope that you're working on a new Winged Hussar model! They retained their famous wings and heavy armor up until their end in 1777 when the last Winged Hussar units were disbanded. They are a really important part of Polish military history of the 17th and 18th century, and are visually spectacular So do please bring them back, if you arent already remodelling them or something!
    No, sorry, they received normal uniform of unified model (crimson) after the military reform of 1746. The way they looked like in 1740s-1760s:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I've made little experiment, I put packs with polish units into data folder and added lines to script, and it's working. I didn't try campaign but I will.

Domesticus

Strange, will you have early, mid, and late units in a future version? Like Poland could have Winged Hussars as we know(and love!) them in the early period, then switch to the more modern look at about the time you'd get to the 1740s?

My sources implied they still wore heavy armor and wings up until the end, but I will admit, may have just meant in ceremony, since they began downsizing the Winged Hussar regiments greatly

Domesticus

Strange, will you have early, mid, and late units in a future version? Like Poland could have Winged Hussars as we know(and love!) them in the early period, then switch to the more modern look at about the time you'd get to the 1740s?

My sources implied they still wore heavy armor and wings up until the end, but I will admit, may have just meant in ceremony, since they began downsizing the Winged Hussar regiments greatly

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

The uniforms in this mod are based on the SYW era/middle 18th century. Having one unit looking like some 17th century anachronism and the other like Napoleonic won't be aesthetically good idea in my opinion. Making them gradually changing for three periods like Imperial Splendour is simply impossible because I.D. is basically one-man project (Lordsith) and there are simply no time/resources for this.

They really were not. Even by 1730s it was hard to find Polish cavalryman looking like this to the extent that during Polish-Saxon parade in Czerniaków in 1732 they had to make fake Hussar-like armours for show and have the Saxon cavalrymen wear them. All those beautiful 17th-centurish armours and wings were completely "out of fashion" by 1720s-1730s and officially since 1746. The last time the "classic" armoured Husaria fought in battle was Kalisz (1706).
    Last edited by Herr Doctor; June 29, 2016 at 08:56 PM.

I noticed something weird. As playing Spain and Prussia invaded Gibraltar. Oddly it would make sense for Austria to do that. My real question is, that the infantry units have infinite amounts of ammo. Is this normal.

Domesticus

I dont know how modding Empire works, but it doesnt seem like a hard thing to do to make it so that "Winged Hussars" become unrecruitable after a certain technology is researched, or a certain building, and is replaced with 1746 Hussaria, for recruitment anyway. Similar to how Pikemen arent recruitable after you get the next government building

Just saying! It might be a little inaccurate if the Winged Hussar look was phased out after 1706, but that means 6 years of Winged Hussars for sure, in the time frame of Empire TW, and Imperial Destroyer(in regards to the early campaign start date)

Edit: I believe that the Polish Unit pack that that team made for IDP does this actually, I seem to remember it changing units after buildings. I also played it for a fairly long time, to the point where Winged Hussars were actually phased out by about 1730.

Thats all I mean to do. Nothing too fancy, I THINK that is easy enough. I just really like Winged Hussars Apparently not enough about their post winged history though

But it could be a good idea for future versions of Imperial Destroyer to think about that. Just have the buildings or technology cut off units, and its up to the player to disband "obsolete" units. That why you get visual and technological progression, but without such indepth coding
    Last edited by Mr Kriegtooth; June 30, 2016 at 05:07 AM.

FORTUNETLY!

I've updated PLC submod to the version which should be compatible with the newest version (added Imperial Destroyer units firing drill)
    Here you are: http://speedy.sh/bddbE/RON-submod.rar
    I hope It is a valid version but i might be wrong and just updated wrong file so if you see Polish troops shooting vanilla firing drill, tell me and I'll change it

Domesticus

Awesome! I'll get it downloaded as soon as I can

please add mexico