Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Everything is working in this mod, only the trade ships don't exist. I have put the gameplay option that says that i can have trade ships, but it still is not working. What can i do?

Domesticus

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Hey, just wanna say that ive had crashes when loading battles as Poland Lithuania against Polish rebels and Sweden on the battle map, in early campaign. I dont know if its to do with VDM, but I didnt have the problem until I used the newest VDM. Just wanted to report that bug here, in case its something to do with Imperial Destroyer

I'll post if ive fixed it or what

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Nevermind, i can do trade ships. I just didn't know they were called galleons now.

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Coffin View Post
    Nevermind, i can do trade ships. I just didn't know they were called galleons now.
    Hey there, usually the tradeable ships have this extra yellow/golden sign on the topright (or left?) but decades ago Darthy removed the indiamen and all ships were able to trade, so just try it, you are probably playin spain or countries which are able to build Galleons which are 100% tradeable like the dutch Fluyt or.... damn i have to play now again to see it, but you got the point.
    Have Fun

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Krol_Awari View Post
    FORTUNETLY!

I've updated PLC submod to the version which should be compatible with the newest version (added Imperial Destroyer units firing drill)
    Here you are: http://speedy.sh/bddbE/RON-submod.rar
    I hope It is a valid version but i might be wrong and just updated wrong file so if you see Polish troops shooting vanilla firing drill, tell me and I'll change it
    Hey, can you upload it to a different website? My girlfriend says it'll take 5 hours to download. Yandex and Mega would be much better for her, and probably most people!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Hey, can you upload it to a different website? My girlfriend says it'll take 5 hours to download. Yandex and Mega would be much better for her, and probably most people!
    I think it's should work https://mega.nz/#!RgQARAZK

descripton key : !M709j8WvP2YRDq7hFf63AtaObOChjxy1wgbx6Bb-gD8

Domesticus

I'd just like to say I frankensteined the Polish units submod I had into my installation of 4.9 with VDM 2.1, and everything is working well

I only installed the RON_dbunits, RON_dbunits_k, and RON_Units packs, without replacing Lord_Loc or the Startpos. I figured that would give me the units, and not cause any crashes

So now I have access to all the lovely units made by that team, including Winged Hussars!

I'd also like to suggest implementing features from that submod into future versions of Imperial Destroyer. I always felt it was too big a unit submod, but it was really cool that it added Saxon units to Poland, and they made technologies work to add and subtract units as time went on

That would be a really great way of making units "age up" in Imperial Destroyer, especially with the late campaign going on so long. Plus it could add more historical realism to certain factions.

For example, Prussia could start out with units represenative of the Prussian army in 1700, but by about when Frederick the Great took the throne(I forgot the year...) you are researching that "technology", and gain access to the units of the Frederick the Great and the Seven Years War, while losing access to the older Prussian troops. Then once you get to the French revolution era, you research a new technology for that period, so forth so on.

To be an utter madman, this might could even be done to create the United States from the old vanilla Thirteen Colonies faction, or make Royalist France into Republican and Imperial France. I dont know the limitations of the technologies system in game though

Doing something like this would be a really good idea, especially since I dont think mid 1700s units fit either campaign very well. Plus you could even expand into the Napoleonic Era, and the future(considering that the Late Campaign ends in 1883, this might be needed). Buuuut it would require making hundreds of new units

Oh well, hope all is going well with 5.0, and you consider my ideas!

Domesticus

Thanks Preussen!

Anyway, I need to report what I think is a bug in Imperial Destroyer altogether. As ive mentioned, ive been getting a crash where the game crashes about quarter way through loading a battle.

I thought I had it fixed, but its done it again, and I noticed something interesting. I will get a crash DURING the battle, and then once I start Empire up again and reload the save, it crashes once I try to fight the battle again. Sometimes it even crashes when I reload the save!

I was thinking that it was VDM, but I think its Imperial Destroyer now. Its happened with a clean install of Empire, IDP, and VDM. Right now I have the Polish Units submod installed, but I was having the problem long before I installed that.

Is anyone else having crashing problems? Im on Windows 8.1. Its a really terrible glitch and I have no idea how to fix it Making it so I cant play Imperial Destroyer!

I been playing this mod for a little while. I'm impressed, I'm playing Hard/Hard with VDM as Spain. After provoked revolutions and civil wars, huge inflations, civil dissorders, revolutions and counter revolutions and small invasions from the Prussians and losing the Americas to rebels and losing Sicily-Naples and at the end the invading Portugese, I lost against a Spanish civil rebels in 1707. I say great game. I'll have to restart in normal/normal.

But there are a few things I don't understand. The amount of ammo troops have. They seem to never empty their ammo pouches. If that so it would be nice to bring it 30 rounds for normal infantry, 40 for militias, and 25 for elite. Also I find troops run too fast. Especially the natives. Cheers

does anyone know the song which plays during the late campaign menu?

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Steveholmes View Post
    But there are a few things I don't understand. The amount of ammo troops have. They seem to never empty their ammo pouches. If that so it would be nice to bring it 30 rounds for normal infantry, 40 for militias, and 25 for elite.
    I believe Lord made it to counter BAI inadequate behaviour with line tactics and melee attack. Generally this gives AI more opportunities on the battle field.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveholmes View Post
    Also I find troops run too fast. Especially the natives. Cheers
    I think this is realistic considering they aren't an organised and disciplined military force.

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Ehec3000 View Post
    does anyone know the song which plays during the late campaign menu?
    From the Patriot movie
    Last edited by Lordsith; July 06, 2016 at 11:40 PM.

Domesticus

It should be the song for early campaign too But maybe its not as evocative of the period?

Anyway I am happy to announce that the Hotfix may have fixed my battle crashing problem! So now I can actually play Imperial Destroyer 4.9, Early and Late campaign!

Gonna try playing an early campaign as Poland with the Polish Units mod, then a United States late campaign

I hope you consider the idea of using the system the Polish submod guys used to push Poland Lithuania forward in terms of units, to better show units evolving over time. Especially since the Late Campaign goes on into the 1800s.

How to uninstall this mod?
    With this economy, morales(90% casualties by every side(every game),campaign movement its almost unfunable,playable for me.
    I want back to Darthmod.

Are you playing in Hard/Hard with VDM? Also what nation are you playing? And did you take the Little_range movement or the Normal-range movement mod?
    I have to admit, this isn't easy, play. Playing Spain, and my economy is dreadful, especially with King Carlos II, which I have plans to get rid "assasinate, hunting accident, or a revolution" with a better King Philip V.

Has anyone played a faction that went deep into bankruptcy dept and recovered?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Has anyone played a faction that went deep into bankruptcy dept and recovered?
    I went into inflation rates of 46% playing Spain, but it was civil war that killed me. Similar to Ukraine rates...

Zooasaurus's Avatar Libertus

Is there any way to bring back the original line, and packed up formation?

Domesticus

Hey, any suggestions on what load order I should use with the new Polish submod? I just added it's files to the bottom of the script.txt since I dont like how with them at the top, it makes that weird 4.5 Polish flag the symbol for Poland instead of the nice round ones from the newer Imperial Destroyers

Anyway, I'd like to say I really hope that using their system of technologies to activate and deactivate certain units would be adopted into Imperial Destroyer. That would be a possibly easy way of "progressing" the game, especially if it nations could be programmed to start researching those certain technologies at the right time

That way we could have Early, Mid, Late, and maybe even Napoleonic Era troops

and im curious, will that be part of the future of Imperial Destroyer? The Late Campaign goes on so long that it seems inevitable! But that would make for one beefy mod, having 1700-1820 era soldiers!

Hey, this mod is really great. There is a village in Courland (Ogre), that doesnīt develop to a city, also there is enough food. I think itīs a bug.

Some suggestions for better gameplay:
    1. Only one wharf for every nation. AI-players are building too much wharfs and just wasting money and producing unhappyness.
    2. Only one cultural building in every province. AI builds too much of them and doesnīt devolop economy. Maybe larger provinces could have two cultural buildings.
    3. AI builds too much camps for military governor in capitals and doesnīt benefit from the bonus in repression and tax. You could deactivate these buildings or give the administration buildings other attributes...

Greets