Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

My avatar made into the game, hurray!

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

New mitre caps for Hessen grenadiers and Rzeczpospolita
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have a suggestion; Maybe you could add an territory and city in the Coast of Brazil as a colony of Portugal, the city of Pernambuco wich was the capital of Portuguese Brazil. Altough I think adding cities is an insane amount of work so its probably not easy to happen.

Patrician

Unfortunately the coast of Brazil is hardcoded, so it cannot be added some regions there.

Russian grenadiers

Thanks for the reply

So, I ran a series of test battles to compare the effectiveness of the field cannon and the artilleryman's hand-cannon. For the field cannon, I ran three test battles on the Alpine Pass battlemap, with an Austrian 24-pounder cannon unit against a unit of Prussian militia. The results of the tests were 51 Prussians dead due to cannon fire in 4 minutes, 16 in 3 minutes 43 seconds and 43 in 3 minutes 53 seconds. I repeated the the hand cannons. The results were 74 dead in 3 minutes 56 seconds, 49 dead in 3 minutes 51 seconds and 58 dead in 4 minutes 4 seconds. What was most noticeable was the fact that the Prussians routed before going into melee only when I was using the hand-cannons. They managed to engage the artillerymen in melee in the field cannon tests. The average death per second for the field cannon was 36 men for 231 seconds. The average for hand-cannons was 60 men for 237 seconds.

I know I'm being pretty whiny about this and I apologise for it, but Lordsith, in your next update, could you please include an alternative for non-hand-cannon armed artillerymen? It would really help balance the odds when fighting artillery units. And also, could the invulnerability of fort walls be toned down a bit? A 60-gun volley and not a scratch on the wall. Thanks!
    Last edited by napoleon boneaparte; April 03, 2015 at 09:24 PM.
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Domesticus

Damn, that sucks LordSith Whats the purpose of the troops sitting on the coast of Brazil now though? Were they a test? Whats the status for the African regions? BTW, I'll be slow in posting here since im on my old online computer... Damn thing hates total war center

i cant seem to makeit work please someone help me

Domesticus

Welcome to the site, and to the forum

Anyway, download the 12 parts listed under Main Files, then the 6 under 4.4, then 4.43 hotpatch

Keep all 12 parts in the same location. Unrar the FIRST part, it will unrar the others. Once thats done, open the new Imperial Destroyer folder, and move the Data folder into your Empire TW folder.

Repeat this with the 4.4 Patch and the Hot Patch

Take the EARLY script, or the only script, from the patch folder and move it to your scripts folder found in LocalApps/Roaming/TheCreativeAssembly/Empire Total War

Then you can move the various options to the data folder in the Empire total war folder

Game should then work

If that doesnt work, make sure you have a clean installation of Empire

Hello, can somebody please inform me how to make Jacobite Britain playable in the Campaign, I feel like playing them through but I am terrible when it comes to adjusting TW games to do what I want. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

would it possible to change the french army after the revolution?? seeing the king's soldiers in the french republic is a bit weird.. here are some pics of the republican army http://eric-denis.wifeo.com/organisa...revolution.php maybe few units of NTW could be bring in the game like this one http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/National_Guard_(NTW_unit)

Hello!I want to report something!The loading time of a line infantry and millitia is too quick.I counted the time and the shoots a simple russian militia was loaded his wepaon quicker than a Granadier Infantry http://www.napolun.com/mirror/napole..._tactics_2.htm read this topic it should help.Here says that a light infantry UNDER stress should fire 4 shoots per minute.Please read this massage and answer if you can. The mod is veary beautiful and nice just reduce the loading time..

Patrician

New officer and drummer for Brunswick units

Domesticus

Looking good!

Not been playing much lately, so I dont have any neat ideas Also my history book getting has been slow Im thinking of getting some on the Russian armies of the 1700s though

Quote Originally Posted by Lordsith View Post
    New officer and drummer for Brunswick units

Hello!I want to report something!The loading time of a line infantry and millitia is too quick.I counted the time and the shoots a simple russian militia was loaded his wepaon quicker than a Granadier Infantry http://www.napolun.com/mirror/napole..._tactics_2.htm read this topic it should help.Here says that a light infantry UNDER stress should fire 4 shoots per minute.Please read this massage and answer if you can. The mod is veary beautiful and nice just reduce the loading time..

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

True. Muskets are also TOO accurate in the hands of low quality troops. Seeing MILITIA killing 5-7 of your elite guard from maximum range with the first volley is crazy. High quality troops should mop the floor with militia and low quality infantry because those guys should barely be able to cause any casualties at maximum range and their rate of fire should be really bad. Reload times in general do need to be increased.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

So, Lordsith, when's the next update incoming? I'm putting my Prussian campaign on hold in hopes that there'll be a fix for the OP artillerymen and the indestructible fort walls.
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Patrician

Royal Welsh Fusiliers

napoleon bonaparte
    Next update will be released in near future

Domesticus

Looks good!

Im gonna start a new Bavaria campaign soon, or maybe another Austrian. I love Austria

Curious, ive never actually destroyed a fort in vanilla, darth mod, or Imperial Destroyer. Didnt know they COULD be destroyed

LOL. So all you did was throw units up the walls until someone wins? I tend to be rather slow and cautious by battering the walls until they are nearly destroyed. Then, I would send a unit or two close to the walls. Normally, the AI would rush to man the cannons and that's when I'll fire one final volley to bring down the wall and its defenders. Since the last update though, the walls are impenetrable by any form of artillery, so it's rather tardy...