Thread: I see to many mods die.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default I see to many mods die.

The most part of unfinish mods , will be unfinished when MTW2 comes, so , whos gonna spent time with this mods , NOBODY, the good moders gonna work in MTW2 and leave the Rome game.
    My question , which mods will be finished when MTW2 arrives in november or December,whos invest time in mods that nobody, or few will play?
    Although some say that they do not go to buy already the game,this is not true.Bying or DL everybody gonna gets those game .
    So i hope to see few projects, and more union between the moders ,to make few but good Mods to MTW2,like the RTR6 team.

Default Re: I see to many mods die.

I agree to many mods do die but the fact is people have lives and they just mod for fun and to make RTW better.Basicly alot of things can happen to slow a mods progress.Well when i get MTW2 im still gonna play RTW along with it at least until a good mod comes out for MTW2

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Yes alot of mods fail because people would rather complain than learn how to do it themselves and help

pajomife@iol.pt for example you have been a member here nearly a year.. whats stopped you from learning how to do some of it instead of posting this kind of thread?

Sorry if this sounds overly aggressive i just get really tired seeing this type of post over and over and over
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

The simple reason most mods die: major modifications are a hell of a lot of work that require dedicated modders working for months on them. With most mods at some point either the modders leave or the will to carry on dies. There are just not enough modders to do most of the mods that have been started for RTw(im including all those mods where people with no modding experience say "hey i have an idea", get a few team members then the mod dies when the guy realises how much work they take). There are barely enough modders to do the mods that are currently in development/having new versions done. If more people learnt modding by helping out an existing team for example that would help the situation. And you can't stop people making so many different mods. Different people want different things, and they are going to make mods their way.

Oh, and i remember a tie when RTr tried to absord other mods into it which would be relased with it and just become RTR units and stuff with adjustments for a different time period. Im quite glad several mods i know said no, because they are shaping up very, very nicely.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

This is practically your 50th thread on this very subject. Its tiresome. You spam up threads with your too many mods crap and you are doing it again now. Just stop its tiresome to have to see you posting the same crap over and over again.

EDIT: all you do is grip about mods, here are some of your choice posts on the subject

ALL the mods gona be overshadowed by MTW2...and the moders to.How many moders spent time in MTW or Shogun...not to much.
    So, everybody gonna get MTW2,some people buy the game ,others get the game in...

Good, another mod ... the 37 or 38 one

No Release
    No Release
    No Release
    No Release
    No Release
    No Release
    We have a lots of mods.Without the same RTR SPQR DM .
    No Release
    No Release
    the only hope is the new versions of existing mods,no...

STOP starting mods FINISH them.

I see 3 Mods about Crusades? Plus Chivalary?This is a Mod mania?
    If you join eforts maybe one of those mods could realise ,thus I do not believe.
    Why all the people look protagonism? It is not...

There are to many projects,to many peoples making modes almost equals,how many mods will be finished?It would be better to join efforts and make less mods ,but make them.
    The people start with much...
    I can go on and on. Just freaking stop already
    Last edited by Caius Britannicus; August 08, 2006 at 12:30 PM.

the good moders gonna work in MTW2 and leave the Rome game.
    The vast majority of RTW content (except for coding) will most likely be usuable in MTW2.
    Given any number of random, even contradictory metaphysical postulates, a justification, however absurd, can be logically developed.

Mapping advances anybody can use. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39035

Im trying to learn how to skin and do some stuff like that but with mtw2 coming soon its more tempting just to wait till that comes out and help major mods for it.

Lord Zimoa's Avatar Slitherine Games
    Citizen

And how do you think modding works, as we get allmost zero support from CA and not one good official tool like a solid animation importer/exporter.
    You really believe that when MTW2 comes out, modders are able to work on them straight away, wake up.
    It takes at least a year to 18 months before the TW community really is able to produce some real potential mods, just like it was with STW, MTW and RTW.
    Looking into the files, making custom tools, trying to understand how everything works, sometimes a helping advise from a CA member and building quality models, textures and animations takes horrendous amount of time and effort. More than you obviously realise.
    It would be much better if modders would work in teams that at least have a good structure and some clear goals and potential than starting posting at random with projects that are doomed from day one, but that is not what slows us down.

You will see the first real good mod on MTW2 that really is another game and a true modding conversion will never be ready in a short notice. The better mods on MTW2 will at least take another two years to come out, if CA gives us the same amount of support we are used to, that is allmost less than zero.

LZoF

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zimoa of Flanders
    And how do you think modding works, as we get allmost zero support from CA and not one good official tool like a solid animation importer/exporter.
    You really believe that when MTW2 comes out, modders are able to work on them straight away, wake up.
    It takes at least a year to 18 months before the TW community really is able to produce some real potential mods, just like it was with STW, MTW and RTW.
    Looking into the files, making custom tools, trying to understand how everything works, sometimes a helping advise from a CA member and building quality models, textures and animations takes horrendous amount of time and effort. More than you obviously realise.
    It would be much better if modders would work in teams that at least have a good structure and some clear goals and potential than starting posting at random with projects that are doomed from day one, but that is not what slows us down.

You will see the first real good mod on MTW2 that really is another game and a true modding conversion will never be ready in a short notice. The better mods on MTW2 will at least take another two years to come out, if CA gives us the same amount of support we are used to, that is allmost less than zero.

LZoF
    I know the mods won't start anytime soon after it comes out.You sound angry,its not that big a deal.Anyways when mods do start coming out i'll be trying to help one possibly.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I just post it because i read in Imperia Romana thread , that the mod is dead,and i remember when Atilla trie,almost begs to they acept his help, his skins ,and they say no. I just wanted that moders in the MTW2 worked in equips,
    And Spirit of rob , you read my english?How can i help?
    and about CA i dont understan why they dont help you more, i see his campaing map in Alexander ,is scandalous to charge for that,and i just say that modders go to MTW2 , because i read they posts and they say that, The game is not realeased and the MTW 2 thread have many visitors,and from what i see in MTW2 images,the only thing i dont like is the few cities, so RTR team , they like cities, and me to,have to do something. :tooth: