Thread: IS THE MOD DEAD???

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Default IS THE MOD DEAD???

Just saying...

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Default Re: IS THE MOD DEAD???

Hmmm... wilddog is defo still around, not sure mate. I have to say I am still holding out, Kingdoms still installed on my laptop and patiently waiting to be fired up after many idle years.

I think it largely depends on whether wilddog and mak still consider working on the mod fun. It has to be fun to be viable and if it isn't then there is no point doing it. Modding is a pastime after all.

As I said, I ain't giving up my waiting

DragonsWarrior's Avatar Senator

i hope not been waiting so long now

I hope they will restart soon the devellopement of the mod. But Mak and Widdog do many other things on modding, because they were of the few who can use ITWE, to make custom cities. There is more people now, so i think they will recame back on the mod, as makanyane sayed it here :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post12474115

DragonsWarrior's Avatar Senator

thats a good sign then

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Hi, I haven't really done anything on the mod for probably a year and a half due to IWTE items and simply lack of available free time. That should change after the end of March so need to make a decision then on whether to continue or start to look at Shogun 2 (finally got that but haven't even loaded it yet).

I also wanted to see what else we could do with animations before making a final decision as I wanted some thinner walls (I know you can make do without animations but I just wanted to see). Anyway that side is coming on fine and we have done quite a few experiments with different simple animations, extracting data to milkshape, fiddling with 'hinge' rotations and Mak's been playing around with effects also (which appear as part of the animation). Still quite a lot to work out for final 'creation of a new animation' but hopefully will complete that by or in March.

It will no doubt still take a long time to complete even if we do continue but for a change lack of available time shouldn't be an issue.

Just one question so : if you decide not to continue the mod, will you release the castle you've already done for the mod? Of course I hope you will be able to continue it.

@Arandir Tur-Anion - Mak already did release a castle from the mod - it was the first amended settlement released by any mod.

The rest is more tied to me trying to reorganize what I did before I changed PC and simply never got the time to sort things out. Its most likely we will continue unless I decide whether to see how complicated it really looks to edit the Shogun 2 engine models.

The mod was always simply a hobby though... and there a re a lot of unfinished bits so even if we continue its likely a few years to go (and Mak is more heavily involved in another mod and trying to explain how to use the IWTE tool).

I might have to wait four years till I can play this but I'm 100% sure its worth and revolutionary. Wilddog, Mak and the others of the team take your time and enjoy real life too

Aswell, if you need help just ask. I'm sure a lot of people have some spare time which they are willingly to spend helping you out! If you ever need a writer or someone else for simple tasks just fire a PM !

@Diglytron - Thanks for the encouragement. Difference is I'm expecting to finally have the time to look at this a bit more often than the odd weekend morning which has been half the issue. That and then using that little spare time to fiddle with the IWTE tool. That should change in a few weeks so we will see how it goes.

I'm also I must confess a little curious on what can be done in the Shogun 2 environment. I've still to load that and have my first go with Steam but unless that really looks promising I'll likely come back to this and finally progress (Mak wants me to do something with Geography files after the .anim ones though, but that should be straight forward).

I really hope to see this released. Those settlements are incredible. An early release would likely spark some interest and a few submods would be subsequently released, thereby relieving you and mak from some work. If you do decide to leave M2TW, could you at least tell us if it is possible to mod the M2TW environments, or port the Roma Surrectum environment to M2TW? The trees and colours of vanilla M2TW are painful to the eyes.
    Last edited by atheniandp; March 05, 2013 at 12:59 PM.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON