Thread: Tsadoms Unique Aspects

Mamertine's Avatar Tiro

Default Tsadoms Unique Aspects

Hello Tsardoms team,

I'm a big fan of what you are doing. Now I would not expect these in the initial 1.0 release, but what are your plans for things like reforms (aside from the Roman Civil War)? Will factions pick up new weapons or units depending on where or who they conquer or are defeated by? Will the Apache warpath or other things Kingdoms brought to the table be used?

I was hoping for a little hint on what makes Tsardoms unique aside from faction list and locations.

Again, none of this I am hoping for in 1.0, but what do you plan to add to make it stand out?

Thanks and Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by Mamertine; December 24, 2012 at 03:51 PM.

Default Re: Tsadoms Unique Aspects

Well they are planning on adding little villages (I think) around the map, they would be separate from the village level of a city. Also they are going to add monasteries around the map.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Tsadoms Unique Aspects

Well the villages, forts and monasteries have already been implemented so that will definetly be in the first version of the mod. Amongst our more ambition goals are things such as:

• Unique religious script - all the 7 religion slots will actually be taken up, so we won't have simply catholic, orthodox and muslim. I can't go into more detail but there will be a lot going in the religious area. This will be tied with the monasteries on the map as well as the religious buildings in settlements.
    • Faction conversion script - specific factions will be able to convert from their current religion to another religion (only if historically accurate, don't think that Venice can become muslim ). The conversion will bring certain bonuses but also unrest and penalties.
    • Character conversion script - characters such as generals will be able to convert their religion. Since they will have different religion from their faction they will suffer penalties but these will be offset with certain bonuses.
    • Unique education script - the education buildings in the settlements will be linked to this
    • Condotiere script - this will represent the switching allegiences of the condotiere armies in renaissance italy. Caondotiere armies along with famous commanders will be available for recruitment in certain conditions.
    • Maximilian reform script - enables the recruitment of landsknechts by western factions
    • Off map invasion scripts - due to the nature of the engine we have not been able to include all the faction that we would like. However, we want to somehow portray the involvement and interaction of these factions which did not make it into the mod. So expect stuff like tatar raids on the eastern parts, hussite raids on austria and hungary, egyptian raids on rhodes and so on. These raids will be in the form of spamming rebel stacks.
    This is what I could think off the top of my head. As I said they are our goals so it could be a long time until they are actually implemented. But hope it answers your question.