Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch Gold Released!

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 3 is Released!

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    You mod while drunk, don't you Muzier.
    I don't even have that excuse I'm afraid.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    I don't even have that excuse I'm afraid.
    You should try it some time.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

May I ask what the script is doing with Carthage? It's my second play-through with Rome (one before patch 3, the other one, now, post patch 3), and consistently Carthage is being driven out of Africa by Massili. By the time I take Sicily from the Greeks (they consistently push Carthage out of there too), Africa belongs to Massili...
    It is probaly because Massili now have some extra regions in the Africa from the game start and Carthage have lost some miniregions in Sicily in the patch 3. Have you noticed this in more campaigns or just one?

Congratulations for the work ,i will make a video about a campaign with Lusitani soon.
    I cant wait ,if possible, to see this team work with TWRome2 !!

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    It is probaly because Massili now have some extra regions in the Africa from the game start and Carthage have lost some miniregions in Sicily in the patch 3. Have you noticed this in more campaigns or just one?
    Well, I've gone some 40 years into one Roman campaign post patch 3. I just decided to restart since I thought I might have forgotten to deactivate the script and reactivate it during some save-game loads. So, I will see if Massili will persist this time around too. During the last campaign, when my consuls arrived near Lilybaeum, there were 6(!) Massili stacks there. The city was still in Carthage's hands, but Massili were not doing squat (while being at war with Carthage): just sitting there [this was on VH campaign difficulty, BTW]. All of Africa was theirs though.

On a similar note, after I defeated Pyrrhus, the Greeks in Southern Italy seemed to turn utterly passive (despite me giving them ample time [some 40 turns] to recover). They did appear to get on steroids in Sicily and Greece though.
    Last edited by Slaists; January 18, 2013 at 08:22 AM.

Tickle My Fancy's Avatar Libertus

Finally, a new patch

Im sad to see that Lusitani and other 2 ,i think, nations dont deserve to have a campaign achievment.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by oOIYvYIOo View Post
    Im sad to see that Lusitani and other 2 ,i think, nations dont deserve to have a campaign achievment.
    Do you mean that they do not have their victory conditions set? I have also noticed this but have forgoten to report it.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Well you can't ''win'' a campaign on RTR VII in the old sense with the video, if you are referring to that.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

No im refering that there isnt no victory conditions where we choose the nations and neither ingame.

Please reconsider in puting victory conditions and victory trailers as is one of the maine aspect that inspire a player to play a game ,any game...
    You have such a great mod , but , without it , what do i get for my effort ....

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Ok, you're a nice guy and I like your activity and input. That needs to be clear.

But could you please stop buggering about this? We've explained quite a few times that we can't implement victory conditions like in vanilla because we use these to influence AI behaviour. So no, we can't do that. As for the movies... we'd need to create them and for the reason pointed out above it serves no point since the conditions are meant for the AI and probably don't make sense from a player's gameplay perspective. RTR VII is a historical mod, nearly some sort of stimulation. Have your own goal, like 'uniting Iberia under Lusitanian banners' or 'conquer Rome' and just have fun

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Mauritis , i would have stop , if you would have response me ,like you just did,on the first time i mentioned this.
    Thanks for letting me know and now i will create my own goal then
    Sorry if i was unpleasant
    Last edited by oOIYvYIOo; January 22, 2013 at 03:13 PM.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Ok, sorry for my reaction. But I thought that I had told this many times before. Could be it wasn't you then. Again, excuse me, let's continue modding and gaming in good spirits

(But now you know why)

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

If you want to see the victory video then edit the related file so that you have your faction victory goal. Make copy of the original (RTR VII) victory condition before you do. If anyone can list me the acceptable victory condition for every faction I can do them all in maybe 10 minutes.

The boring part for me is that you will have to change the file everytime depending on factions you play each time you start a new campaign.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    The boring part for me is that you will have to change the file everytime depending on factions you play each time you start a new campaign.
    Hm ... nah maybe i will ask you to get me a video of Lusitani for my campaign video finale

I know this is a CA problem .
    We all know that the external commerce not enter the final accounts of the income,till today, i never nottest any diference when "closing" new commerce pacts.
    Is it possible to make it "active" and actually receive income.
    I know that they havent completly fixed till today , if a town is sieged or a port bloked , your income drops 80% .
    Last edited by oOIYvYIOo; January 24, 2013 at 07:46 AM.

I would love to see a better work with UC or at least their background .

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

What do you mean with UC?