Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch Gold Released!

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 3 is Released!

Thanks so much for your effort! Can't wait
    Less is more

mav61's Avatar Civis

Well this is some great work boys...i use 5 mods for this game and i'd say RTR has nudged ahead of RT2 just though hehe , but awesome job and great mod it is the best one for Rome without a doubt...

CelticSlav's Avatar Tiro
    San Jose, CA, USA (I'm from Galway, Ireland)

Great patch guys, you're making me reinstall RTR VII again

freyreuxine13's Avatar Libertus

can you please upload this in mediafire? my internet is too slow and I need to wait for almost 12 hours to finish downloading. please :'(

"Gracchus, something more cheerful!"-Julius Caesar, HBO's Rome

Tiro

Hi, I just want to ask that what is the difference between RTR VII and RTR PE 2.0? Which is better, I actually differences that where they differ, or are identical? Thanks.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

RTRPE 2.0 is actually just the 6 year old original RTR mod ported to be used with the Alex exe. RTR VII is the most recent project, offering a unique and challenging gameplay combined with up-to-date graphics. I'd suggest trying that one, or if you want a bigger geographical scope the Extended Realism mod.

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

freyreuxine13's Avatar Libertus

can someone upload the patch in mediafire please

"Gracchus, something more cheerful!"-Julius Caesar, HBO's Rome

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

I can't do that, since it has an individual file limit of 200 MB. Sorry.

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Hi, I've installed RTRVII patch 3 but when I enter the game and go to Build new empire and select a faction and press that right pointing arrow it sends me back to previous menu. Then when I exit the game I get this error:
    "Generic error

DATABASE_TABLE error found: unrecognised record id naval quinquiremes requested."

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Hi, I've installed RTRVII patch 3 but when I enter the game and go to Build new empire and select a faction and press that right pointing arrow it sends me back to previous menu. Then when I exit the game I get this error:
    "Generic error

DATABASE_TABLE error found: unrecognised record id naval quinquiremes requested."
    I would advice you reinstall the mod, also make sure you have clen version of RTW - BI 1.6 installed.

Did reinstall the whole thing couple of times... After I'm done with installing and patching, when i enter the game it sais version 1.3 in the upper right corner. Any clue?

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Looks like you need to update BI to 1.6.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by hrvoje11 View Post
    Did reinstall the whole thing couple of times... After I'm done with installing and patching, when i enter the game it sais version 1.3 in the upper right corner. Any clue?
    If you mean that you see version 1.3 after instaling and starting RTR it is alright as this mean you have patch 3 installed (you should have version 1.6 of vanila BI not RTR).
    If the problem with Generic error still exist after reinstalling RTR or eventualy whole game, maybe your download is corrupted and redownloading the patch may help.

I've redownloaded the patch and it works fine now. Thanks for this beautifull mod!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

just a short thank you,

yesterday i was able to play a first campaign (as macedonians). all seems to work fine. the first-time-script worked perfectly. also the scripted barbarian attack at the norther city after some turns. just discover the new mapchanges. seems much lesser miniregions now. let´s see how they work with the AI-behaivoir.

great job! and regards

Primicerius

Before patch 3, my roman FMs would be downgraded to zero influence, management, command if they did not hold an office. Now, I see that some of my FMs are able to retain some leadership qualities even when they do not hold any offices. Am I right in assuming that this is one of the changes of patch 3 or have I just messed up the script loading at some point, LOL?

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

There has been an adjustment to avoid massive negative bonuses in the RLS, but to be frank I don't recall exactly what I changed and how this would manifest in-game.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

I've been playing as the Aedui, and I am surprised by the quality of this mod. I love how you countered steamrolling with economic growth and governmental stability. I've managed to capture two settlements from the Averni, but their military is now stronger than mine. I've been sending my army from one settlement to another in order to defend my homeland. It's a nice change from fighting endless waves of stacks. I find the economy system a bit difficult to wrap my head around in the beginning though (but I'm getting there :-) ).

Thank you for this mod!!

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    There has been an adjustment to avoid massive negative bonuses in the RLS, but to be frank I don't recall exactly what I changed and how this would manifest in-game.
    It seems, this explains what I observe. Now, I can make minor governors out of FM's who do not hold an office, but still have some good qualities.

May I ask what the script is doing with Carthage? It's my second play-through with Rome (one before patch 3, the other one, now, post patch 3), and consistently Carthage is being driven out of Africa by Massili. By the time I take Sicily from the Greeks (they consistently push Carthage out of there too), Africa belongs to Massili...
    Last edited by Slaists; January 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM.

You mod while drunk, don't you Muizer.
    Last edited by Sphere; January 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM.