Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch Gold Released!

Default Re: RTR VII Patch Gold Released!

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    A small issue - the script adds 24 population to Pydna, but the elephant size is 36 on huge, so in effect you can't recruit them.
    You can disband a unit of archers or something there to give you enough population then recruit them but you have to do it right away cuz the population will be back down in a few turns, I call doing that my "Mahout Training Program".
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Ok, I've deleted the whole RTR VII installation and reinstalled the RTR VII setup.exe from here and then the Gold Patch on top of it (which includes all patches you say).

The mod now runs like a charm again and I get zero CTDs like before, HOWEVER: the battlefield environment is not that from RS 2, but the old RTR VII environment from version 1.1

Strange, isn't it?

Mark07040's Avatar Libertus

zou een van jullie mij kunnen leren rome II te modificeren (als dat het juiste woord is)

You would have to post in the Rome 2 forum if you want to learn. This forum is for Rome 1.
    Also, if you can, speak in English. The only way I knew what you were saying was through bing translator haha.

What happen to German faction update ?
    Is it included in Gold Patch ? I downloaded 3.0 .

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Gold Patch contains playlable Cimbri faction.

I figured it out xD .
    It's working as I remember , like that everything is fixed now :O .
    Are reforms working okay ? Last time I played Greek reforms had to be "initiated" by cheat codes.

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    You can disband a unit of archers or something there to give you enough population then recruit them but you have to do it right away cuz the population will be back down in a few turns, I call doing that my "Mahout Training Program".
    I do the same thing but I think of it as trading away young greek boys to Syrian traders in exchange for the elephants..

I only recently came back to playing rtr and I must say RTR VII focus on the early wars of Rome is awesome. Very good job guys.

The Cursus Honorum system is excellent, that's a great idea. There would be plenty of other compliments to make too.

Two suggestions though (I know nobody's working on RTR any longer) :

- Troupes tend to move too fast in my opinion. Just a bit too fast.

- The voices from EB should have been incorporated in full. I know there's a submod for this, but it seems it's not fully developed.

Great job again!

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Thanks a lot mate! Even with R2 released, I still enjoy the VII campaign feeling. Good to hear that there's more folks out there who are still playing it

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

For me the gamplay feeling of RTR VII is still unmatched. I really miss the mods for other historical periods (late antiquity, high middle age..) with similar gamplay feeling.

Cursus honorum adds even more to the game, it is not anymore about conquering the world with your favorite general while keeping the others for their whole life as a governors in the same settlement. Now you can feel the competitive atmosphere of the republic, you have to distribute the offices and moving the generals accordingly to benefit with the system, you can feel the long and challenging road to consulate and the temporarity of the imperium, as in few turns the new FM will get appointment and you will want to switch the offices to get the machine running.

Thanks for the update. Out of curiosity, why were the legionaries taken out?

Laetus

After the installation of this Gold Patch, the start screen of my RTR still says Patch 1. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Caezar31 View Post
    After the installation of this Gold Patch, the start screen of my RTR still says Patch 1. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?
    Gold Patch is 1.3 if you see Rome Total Realism VII 1.3v during the loading screens then you have done it right.
    Last edited by Ognjen Todorović; January 18, 2015 at 10:29 AM.

Hi!

I try to extract the folder in my Rome TW directory and it gets to 100% Extraction and then stops. There are six "errors", it says, all to do with "cannot open output file." Any help, por favor?

Am I supposed to put in under Rome Total War or INSIDE the RTR folder?

Is there anyway a new link can be posted so that we may download the fix for removing the M2 trees. Causing lag on the campaign map. It looks like the link in the sub-thread of the FAQ is gone.

Hello all.
    I have an issue with the trees/forest around a town in a siege battle, although Gold Patch is installed (and it should include the fix for this).
    How can I fix this?! Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganon7dorf View Post
    Is there anyway a new link can be posted so that we may download the fix for removing the M2 trees. Causing lag on the campaign map. It looks like the link in the sub-thread of the FAQ is gone.
    I fixed this manually using this solution:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10817409
    I just changed all corresponding values in descr_climates.txt for those that are in the vanilla file. Worked for me.

Hi. whenever i try to launch RTR VII from the launcher, I get an error saying that I have RTW BI 1.6.1 when its only compatible with BI 1.6... This is , I just want to get this mod and I looked EVERYWHERE for a downgrade the works. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!