Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mercenaries and Regional Troops?

Domesticus

Default Mercenaries and Regional Troops?

I was just noticing that there doesnt seem to be regional troops or possibly wide access to mercenaries Playing as Munster, and ive taken Rheged and the territory under it...

The Mercenary buildings only build the basic mercenaries. Can I get the Romano Mercenaries and such? And is there a way to get regional based units, or is that not in?

Edit: I dont see the regional troops as being TOO big a deal, but all factions should have access to all mercenaries in an area..but im just going by those two "foreign" territories I have
    Last edited by Mr Kriegtooth; December 24, 2012 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Added Stuff

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Mercenaries and Regional Troops?

There's 2 types of mercs here it seems: the usual field recruitable mercs, and then the mercs that are recruited in settlements. The advantage of the latter over normal troops is that they don't take more than 1 turn to recruit. Mercs are pretty cheap in this mod anyway.

The Romano mercenaries seem to actually be landed former foederati troops, and not actual mercs.

Domesticus

I havent seen any field recruitable ones yet

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Maybe we will add some before the actual release. Mercenary forces offer the best alternative to this, but as in my custom copy of Vandalorum, I added several regional mercs to all regions. Remember that if you add new mercs to the mercenary text in the world folder you will have to began a new game for them to be available.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    I havent seen any field recruitable ones yet

From the Merc Post-Fort building tree. In many cases a second level building is needed in that region for the unique unit becomes available for another one of the Gaelic factions to recruit. All units here take 0 turns to recruit but they are very expensive to recruit. Their cost of upkeep is the normal.

Examle:
    Unique Gaelic units units that are available by region

Gaelic Sea Wolves Connachta region

Ordmhornaghta: Connachta region

Dinuadda-Claiomhnaghta: Ui Neill region

Deaisbard: Ui Neill region

Tuabuanna: Mumhan region

Mumhan Ridire: Hibernia and most of Britain
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 24, 2012 at 09:29 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Domesticus

I havent seen the Mumhan Ridire yet O_O I own all of Ireland now, Cashel and Teamhair are all maxed out to the best of my knowledge on the building tree.

But since im beginning wars in Britain, shouldnt I be able to recruit more flavourful mercenaries than just Mercenary Infantry and Archers? Maybe Romano Mercenaries and Germanic ones in Germanic areas?

Also, the Dun doesnt seem to cause everything to appear, but maybe thats to do with Cashel being a castle and not a city? The city south of Cashel that ive suddenly forgot the name of(Dun Deisi?) just reached Stone Walls level in size, so maybe thats it

Edit: On a random note, so I dont have to make a new topic or something..how do I get Heavy Saewyth Archers? I noticed the Ui Niell and Dal Riatta have them. Are they accessible to the Connacht and Mumhan?
    Last edited by Mr Kriegtooth; December 24, 2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Added Something

I havent seen the Mumhan Ridire yet O_O I own all of Ireland now, Cashel and Teamhair are all maxed out to the best of my knowledge on the building tree.

But since im beginning wars in Britain, shouldnt I be able to recruit more flavourful mercenaries than just Mercenary Infantry and Archers? Maybe Romano Mercenaries and Germanic ones in Germanic areas?

Also, the Dun doesnt seem to cause everything to appear, but maybe thats to do with Cashel being a castle and not a city? The city south of Cashel that ive suddenly forgot the name of(Dun Deisi?) just reached Stone Walls level in size, so maybe thats it

Edit: On a random note, so I dont have to make a new topic or something..how do I get Heavy Saewyth Archers? I noticed the Ui Niell and Dal Riatta have them. Are they accessible to the Connacht and Mumhan?

Mumhan Ridire is not available for Connacht

-The Dun in Cashel should provide units for you. Many settlements in Britain and Hibernia are modified not to expand beyond the large town-city level. Historically they did not
    On the topic of British mercs, I'm not for this and it should be very limited. The Gaels and the Picts are too proud and too much of an aristocratic warrior race to allow British scum in their ranks...just saying the thought.
    The Brits, Romans saw it differently as they conquered peoples obviously.
    Heavy Saewyth Archers are also available to Mumhan but not with Connacht
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 24, 2012 at 05:46 PM.

Domesticus

Im playing as Mumhan though Thats weird...what are all the requirements to get the Archers and the Mumhan Ridires?

The Dun in Cashel just gives me the basic Mercenary Infantry/Bowmen/Field Bowmen...but maybe it has an upgrade left or something

Might be somekinda glitch going on o_o

And fair enough with the recruiting XD

Im playing as Mumhan though Thats weird...what are all the requirements to get the Archers and the Mumhan Ridires?

The Dun in Cashel just gives me the basic Mercenary Infantry/Bowmen/Field Bowmen...but maybe it has an upgrade left or something

Might be somekinda glitch going on o_o

And fair enough with the recruiting XD
    The first and even more so the second level Dun(merc fort) provides unique units in conquered territories.
    Your own lands will not provide many of those units that belongs to other factions....why should unique units that belong to Ui Neil or Connacht leave their wealthy lands and Lords to fight for you and possibly against their own faction?

Mumhan Ridires might be an error-not given ownership to Mumhan. Will look see
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 24, 2012 at 06:37 PM.

Domesticus

Hmmm...something odd here...I just have access to Duns. There doesnt seem to be a second level of Dun. Unless you mean the Dun is the second level to the Mercenary Fort In which case, got it!

The only city I have that provides all the unique Gaelic units that you mentioned, except the Mumhan Ridires, is Teamhair. Cashel doesnt, and my other territories are a bit underdeveloped I think. What building requiresments do I need for the Mumhan Ridires? The Mercenary Forts in all other territories just provides the basic mercs, and not the Tuabnanana, the Deasibard, the guys with hammers, so forth so on....and only the Dun in Teamhair provides them

Forgive me if im misunderstanding or a little confusing, been drinking a little Merry Christmas BTW!

Hmmm...something odd here...I just have access to Duns. There doesnt seem to be a second level of Dun. Unless you mean the Dun is the second level to the Mercenary Fort In which case, got it!

The only city I have that provides all the unique Gaelic units that you mentioned, except the Mumhan Ridires, is Teamhair. Cashel doesnt, and my other territories are a bit underdeveloped I think. What building requiresments do I need for the Mumhan Ridires? The Mercenary Forts in all other territories just provides the basic mercs, and not the Tuabnanana, the Deasibard, the guys with hammers, so forth so on....and only the Dun in Teamhair provides them

Forgive me if im misunderstanding or a little confusing, been drinking a little Merry Christmas BTW!

No worries..Im at work so rather be doing this

Merry Christmas to you

You must get to the 2nd level Merc Fort-Dun in those other Gaelic regions to have them become avaiable and the region meeds to go through assimilation...Government Center. This building is needed to be constructed or occupied by you before you can construct the 2 level

Mumhan Ridires looks like needs to given ownership to Mumhan..so you were very helpful
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 24, 2012 at 06:59 PM.

Domesticus

Ah I gotcha Yeah, I dont think alot of those towns have the Government Center yet, so the unique Gaelic units oughta appear once I build a Dun there?

Weird that Cashel doesnt make them, is the Mumhan capital after all O_O

Ah I gotcha Yeah, I dont think alot of those towns have the Government Center yet, so the unique Gaelic units oughta appear once I build a Dun there?

Weird that Cashel doesnt make them, is the Mumhan capital after all O_O
    We will add the Mumhan Ridires in the first level stable for Mumhan. Thats whre they need to be placed.

You conquered all of Hibernia?

Domesticus

Yeeeep, finished off Rath Cruachan last night The only Irish faction left besides Mumhan(me) is Dal Riata, and im going after them soon, they only have a sliver of Scotland left, and one island. So three territories by my count. Looks like the Picts will get them

Anyway, to clarify, once I build the Government Center in ANY Hibernian city or castle, I should be able to recruit the various Gaelic unique units like the guys with Hammers? And in various regions of Hibernia, different troops like the Sea Wolves and Deaisberd?

And how do I get the government center if I dont already have one, and its not in the building list? Im really curious about Cashel, since it should have a government center, but all I can recruit from the Dun is the Merc Infantry and Bowmen....

Anyway, for a spoiler for me, what kinda cavalry is the Mumhan Ridires? I hope they are solid melee, need some of those

Yeeeep, finished off Rath Cruachan last night The only Irish faction left besides Mumhan(me) is Dal Riata, and im going after them soon, they only have a sliver of Scotland left, and one island. So three territories by my count. Looks like the Picts will get them

Anyway, to clarify, once I build the Government Center in ANY Hibernian city or castle, I should be able to recruit the various Gaelic unique units like the guys with Hammers? And in various regions of Hibernia, different troops like the Sea Wolves and Deaisberd?

And how do I get the government center if I dont already have one, and its not in the building list? Im really curious about Cashel, since it should have a government center, but all I can recruit from the Dun is the Merc Infantry and Bowmen....

Anyway, for a spoiler for me, what kinda cavalry is the Mumhan Ridires? I hope they are solid melee, need some of those
    Government Center exist in every settlement and is in your building browser. It requires the building: Bó Aires/Cerdí/láech(cattle farming) all found in the village settlement and are in castles and non castles.

Mumhan Ridirers are light to med cavalry w/javelin
    gn friend

Domesticus

Ah ok I'll test around with it and make sure its all good later. Seems like Cashel has all that, but no unique Gaelig units. Maybe Cashel isnt hooked up into the regionals properly? But I should be able to test all that tonight since Dun Deisi was getting the Stone Walls upgrade when I quit playing last night..so by all means, it should have access to all the cool stuff

Eh, Javelin cavalry is good for melee too sometimes!

And good night to you too! Glad im helping, hope that by the time I get the new patches, everything will be fixed up right Very good mod I think...seems theres been some bugs, but ive seen the release of a couple mods on here...and what CB2 has is pretty much nothing for bugs Good solid release I'd say

Ah ok I'll test around with it and make sure its all good later. Seems like Cashel has all that, but no unique Gaelig units. Maybe Cashel isnt hooked up into the regionals properly? But I should be able to test all that tonight since Dun Deisi was getting the Stone Walls upgrade when I quit playing last night..so by all means, it should have access to all the cool stuff

Eh, Javelin cavalry is good for melee too sometimes!

And good night to you too! Glad im helping, hope that by the time I get the new patches, everything will be fixed up right Very good mod I think...seems theres been some bugs, but ive seen the release of a couple mods on here...and what CB2 has is pretty much nothing for bugs Good solid release I'd say
    Under Barbarian Government

I got lots done

Domesticus

Alrighty, got some reports...just checked Dun Deisi, it has government center and the dun, yet no mercenary/special units besides the basic ones. Its currently building the stone walls however. However though, I just noticed the duns in some of my cities(that I havent built yet) are offering Deasibard and the one with the really long name thats not the hammer guys

I havent been able to build Stables in any city except for Teamhair(already had them). They require Gesith, Provincial Dux, Ri Buiden(what I assume is the Gaelic requirement!), or Mormaer. Same with Archery Ranges(To get the Heavy Archers). Several of my cities have Ri Buiden and above, but cannot build the Stables, Cavalry Stables, or the Archery Ranges

Also, I was notcing that Cashel is a Stone Fort, and in the Building Browser, it says it can go higher. Is that possible? Cities are the same too, build huge stone walls. Dunno if thats a leftover or unremovable, or if you can have that, but the cities and such are still counted as "small"

And finally, I just noticed I can build the Ard Ri's Court in Erain Macha....I'll send my High King there once I build it to see if he gets the Ard Ri ancillary.

And a small bug note...Sahson seems to be using the Papal States' getting angry over destroying churches code.

Domesticus

Alrighty, now im have REAL problems! Getting a CTD at Summer 482(turn counter says 481). Says to check the logs. Dunno where they are, but I made a game save especially to save the bug, so tell me what to do and I'll post it. Crash seems to happen right before it gets to my turn(usually right then it hits the Mumhan faction symbol). I'll try messing with it some next time I play, maybe its a move I made or something o_o

And another bug....already reported, but theres a Consillium Family Member sitting in the water next to the Isle of Man

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Alrighty, now im have REAL problems! Getting a CTD at Summer 482(turn counter says 481). Says to check the logs. Dunno where they are, but I made a game save especially to save the bug, so tell me what to do and I'll post it. Crash seems to happen right before it gets to my turn(usually right then it hits the Mumhan faction symbol). I'll try messing with it some next time I play, maybe its a move I made or something o_o

And another bug....already reported, but theres a Consillium Family Member sitting in the water next to the Isle of Man
    In you main MTW II folder there is a folder named log, open the text and copy and paste the last paragraph. If you have any previous saved games apart from the last one, try to continue the campaign from there to see if the ctd is persistent. If it is, upload your saved game on the Bugs thread and we will look at it.

Cheers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast