Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: DHRR v0.9 Previews and Features

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: Northern Italy

well, you cant teach old dogs new tricks

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

konny's Avatar Artifex

Don't you have other things to do? In this case I have a long to-do list for you to go through

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

sorry, sir. back to work, sir

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    Don't you have other things to do? In this case I have a long to-do list for you to go through
    I thought flogging people was Hannibal's job?

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

too busy atm

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    too busy atm
    That's no excuse! The team need their floggings if dHRR is to continue!

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Default Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: A New World

Nice work!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Default Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: The Pope

Quote Originally Posted by Colos1987 View Post
    I suppose there will be some sort of a Culture system like in Britannia Expansion?
    There are three problems with a culture system implemented like the vanilla religion system. The first is that cultural change usually occurs very slowly; far slower than the rate of religious conversion in M2TW. The second is that nationalism as we know it did not exist in dHRR's timeframe; people usually identified themselves by personal allegiance rather than ethnicity. The third is that there is a hardcoded religion limit, and even with the new map you'd need at least 8 cultures:
    -Celtic (Gaelic/Brythonic)
    -Nordic/Anglo-Saxon
    -(Northern) French
    -Occitan/Catalan
    -Germanic
    -Italian
    -Slavic
    -Semetic

konny's Avatar Artifex

No, we will more use that as "population" simulating a colonization/migration of your own people. But the process will be terribly slow and mostly depend on neighbouring regions and faction builder.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Your upcoming mod-release attracts me to get into M2-Kgdms again, a sure download some day

...although i would prefer a HRE focused mod on about 880 to around 1050 AD, in example to reflect the Otto Dei gratia rex Francorum et Langobardorum and Otto magnus Dei gratia imperator augustus periods.

P.S. Couldn't wait, have just dl'ed 0.7 and 0.8a. Will give it soon a go.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 16, 2010 at 11:42 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

that would be a very interesting time period. perhaps in the future...

(200th post!)

Patrician Artifex

Excellent stuff, HRR team

I was exactly wondering about the Italy reflection in 0.7/0.8a (just played into the last released version with Swabia), now i see you are covering it with 0.9 in a exceptionel way, very

Can't wait to play 0.9.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

Wise step to get rid of the vanilla pope, and you created a very good replacement.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Interesting. I wounder how the AI will react to this.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

konny's Avatar Artifex

I am pretty confident that this will seriously improve AI preformance, because it has no idea how to avoid excommunications and wastes a lot of ressources on monster armies going on cursades and being stuck far away from its homelands.

Patrician Artifex

Right.

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    No, we will more use that as "population" simulating a colonization/migration of your own people. But the process will be terribly slow and mostly depend on neighbouring regions and faction builder.
    Did this actually occur anywhere on the map during dHRR's timeframe? (Just out of interest.)

konny's Avatar Artifex

Most notably SE-Elbia, that is the lands that did not participate in the Obotrite uprising a century before. Later in our timeframe (late 12th Century) a considerbale migration of Germans in the newly conquered northern parts of East-Elbia, i.e. the Obotrite starting provinces, took place. A further movement, even though already somewhat outside our timeframe, was the colonization of the lands across the Neisse (Pommernia and Prussia).

Others include, somewhat to a lesser degree, the movement of French-Norman nobility to England, and the movement of them and English to Wales and Ireland. Ireland, and also parts of Scotland, had also been targeted by Norse settlers for centuries - a movement that did not halt after the Viking periode was over.

Even though not a migration of population but an adoption of culture (what has the same effect for us) would be the Anglization of southern Scotland, the eastern Lowlands.

So yes, there was a considerable movement of people. In many cases not as much as to change the entire population set up, but enough to change the local population in a way that would effect recruitment of units; what would be the major effect in game.

The family tree for Tuscany shows a child as the heir. Does this mean you can have underage kings in 0.9?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Last edited by AnthoniusII; August 28, 2010 at 07:24 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.