Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: DHRR v0.9 Previews and Features

Default Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: A New World

Lele14: I think something was lost in translation, but rest assured we'll get it figured out

administrator of yackaday: no problemo
    Last edited by Markgraf von Schellenberg; June 09, 2010 at 03:14 AM.

konny's Avatar Artifex

My bad: It's the province of Verona that I had named Tridentum, not that of Como.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

Lele14's Avatar Foederatus

Ok, great! I'm ok with your decision then

loove the alps +rep to you konny

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

konny's Avatar Artifex

Rep Markgraf von Schellenberg, he has made the map.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome

Default Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: New Buildings and Economy Concepts

some good proposals over here +rep to you konny (you got map rep for this one )

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    Rep Markgraf von Schellenberg, he has made the map.
    Done.

A major note about the map's range: I thought that Prussia or Livonia or even Transylvania lands were more important for HRE policy then let say Iberian Penisula. Was I wrong?

Anyway it is really good to see a more regional map for dHRR as it brings great new oportunities for the gameplay.
    Last edited by Silesian_Noble; June 14, 2010 at 12:44 PM.

oine thing i just now realized.......u cnnot sail around the iberian peninsula- so naval invasions in the south will be quite hard :/

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    A major note about the map's range: I thought that Prussia or Livonia or even Transylvania lands were more important for HRE policy then let say Iberian Penisula. Was I wrong?
    For our timeframe (1080-1250) those lands in the east had not much to do with anything going on in western and central Europe. In return Aragon-Barcelona was highly important for southern France and Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by hemeroc View Post
    oine thing i just now realized.......u cnnot sail around the iberian peninsula- so naval invasions in the south will be quite hard :/
    You make naval invasions from England to Italy? Never thought about that...

For our timeframe (1080-1250) those lands in the east had not much to do with anything going on in western and central Europe. In return Aragon-Barcelona was highly important for southern France and Italy.
    Hmmm, German Crusaders invaded Livonia in 1198y and founded there German Order of Sword Brothers. Transilvania was a target to many German (Saxon) immigrants and also hosted Teutonic Order (since 1211) who tried to found there own country in 1225y. From the other hand catching Livonia on the map's range means including lots of Rus land which would be redundant to dHRR... I guess I will trust your decision and see how the mod is developing

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    Hmmm, German Crusaders invaded Livonia in 1198y and founded there German Order of Sword Brothers. Transilvania was a target to many German (Saxon) immigrants and also hosted Teutonic Order (since 1211) who tried to found there own country in 1225y. From the other hand catching Livonia on the map's range means including lots of Rus land which would be redundant to dHRR... I guess I will trust your decision and see how the mod is developing
    Yes, Germans also participated much in the crusades in the Holy Land. But this only had little meaning for Germany. For the entire 12th Century in the east the Reich was struggeling to get the lands between Elbe and Oder under control. The territories that were later occupied east of the Oder never became part of the Reich or were incooperated into imperial politics. That way, a 12th Century western European focused mod can savely skipp anything happening east of the Wisla.

Poland on the other hand would have been a major player in the east, in particular in the struggles with Bohemia on Silesia. Unfortunatly this map is lacking regions that were of the same importance for Poland, like Russia and Lithuania. The same would apply for Hungary and the Balkan theatre, and Aragon and western Spain. But that's always the fate of border factions: we need to cut the map at one point.

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Wow, I am really excited about this new project - quite an ambitious one by the way. I have been looking forward to a more focussed map for this mod. Can't wait to see it done. But I guess there is still a lot of work to be done.

Is the map finished as shown?

Impressive. The new features really turn this mod into an entirely new game - more of a medieval state simulation than a battle-focussed TW game. I love the level of historical detail and accuracy you are adding, and hope that it will still be fun to play.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival2211 View Post
    Is the map finished as shown?
    There still is a bit fine tuning to be done here and there, but it is mostly completed.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival2211 View Post
    and hope that it will still be fun to play.
    I think so. This kind of stuff is added additionally and does not replace battles. Even though, politics will play a more important role.

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

I think so. This kind of stuff is added additionally and does not replace battles. Even though, politics will play a more important role.
    Well I remember in Medieval I Total War there were rather complex things you could do on the political scale, and the battles were still very enjoyable to take a reprieve from it. I remember staring at the campaign map for hours, and when I got a bit bored of that I turned to battles for a break. Complex diplomacy and brutal bloody epic battles go well together, they balance each other out!
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

konny's Avatar Artifex

Being allied to certain key figures, such as the pope, the emperor, or even the strongest German faction, can give you certain advantages in the game. Not being allied to them can bring you into trouble in return.

TaronQuinn's Avatar Semisalis

I just realized, that this map will permit a gloriously authentic re-enacting of the Hundred Years' War. Not a exact remake, but one of the same scope, drama and brutality. Nothing against the HRE focus of the mod, but its just another benefit to have England and the French crown battling it out...and to perhaps lead French troops on triumphant conquest throughout the Home Counties

There is a special mod on the 100yrs War. But sure, you are right.