Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: DHRR v0.9 Previews and Features

konny's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: A New World

Quote Originally Posted by diiter View Post
    Will it be possible to grant them more then one title? In 0.8 a family members only can get more than one title through inherit it from another house-member. Would be great if this restricition could be removed.
    Depends on. There will be different kinds of titles. The hereditary feudal titles, such as Count of Holland, will still be limited to one per character in acquisition, even though he can inherit as many as his family connections allow.

Others, of more admisitrative nature, are not affected by that and can be acquired unlimited. In some occasions it is even required to hold a feudal title before being granted one of the more important administrative title.

There also will be again clerical titles for generals. These will now also be open to family members (with some restrictions). This is because the much enlarged family trees now also hold the middle and lesser nobility that often held the local bishops titles.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

that's better than I ever could have imagined.

One little question to the french factions: I don't know much about the connections of the different french factions to the Kingdom of France. Will there be alliances from the beginning or will it for example often happen that Anjou or Blois declare war to the french Kindom?

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    Depends on. There will be different kinds of titles. The hereditary feudal titles, such as Count of Holland, will still be limited to one per character in acquisition, even though he can inherit as many as his family connections allow.

Others, of more admisitrative nature, are not affected by that and can be acquired unlimited. In some occasions it is even required to hold a feudal title before being granted one of the more important administrative title.

There also will be again clerical titles for generals. These will now also be open to family members (with some restrictions). This is because the much enlarged family trees now also hold the middle and lesser nobility that often held the local bishops titles.
    If there are so many new titles, then it may be a good idea to remove all non-title ancilliaries, and rename the ancilliaries system to 'titles'. Most nobles in this era had retainers of some kind.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ronko View Post
    One little question to the french factions: I don't know much about the connections of the different french factions to the Kingdom of France. Will there be alliances from the beginning or will it for example often happen that Anjou or Blois declare war to the french Kindom?
    This is a topic we have under discussion. Historically these factions (France, Anjou, Blois and Normandy-England) were constantly at war with each other, but everytime in changing coaltions.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser101 View Post
    If there are so many new titles, then it may be a good idea to remove all non-title ancilliaries, and rename the ancilliaries system to 'titles'. Most nobles in this era had retainers of some kind.
    Yes, that's planned with a review of the entire Vanilla system of personal character traits. But this is planned for 1.0, not 0.9

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

aaaaa this is what I was waiting for!

Great. I've always wanted a smaller map for dHRR. Glad to see it done.

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: New Buildings and Economy Concepts

nice konny. i especially like the hinterland castle idea

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

imo the grander the map the better the game but doesnt mean i wont enjoy this. u guys do awesome work so im not worried

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Great map, its just a pitty you couldn't fit in more of Hungary, although I understand your reasoning for doing it. Will Hungary even be a faction in this mod?
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

yep, definitely.

Lele14's Avatar Foederatus

Great! I was wondering if you were going to have a map more focused on western europe in the future...and now it seems you'll have it!
    Too bad my city(Trent) isn't in...always wanted to see ingame the prince-bishop of Trento, anyway I can't wait for the next release of dHRR!

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Lele14 View Post
    Too bad my city(Trent) isn't in...always wanted to see ingame the prince-bishop of Trento
    Yes, we have decided for Como instead, but the province is called Trentino.

You mean that the province of Como is called trentino ingame? Because Como isn't in trentino at all...plus the name "trentino" for the territories around Trento is quite recent (19th century afaik)...stated that Trento isn't in as a city i think it would be better to include the area of the bishopric of Trento how it was in the 11th century:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    in the Tirol county (as it was in dHRR 0.8). Obviously this is only a suggestion
    Last edited by Lele14; June 07, 2010 at 08:21 AM.

konny's Avatar Artifex

The name was Tridentinus, and this not was a part of the County of Tirol (= duchy of Bavaria), but of the March of Verona (= duchy of Carinthia). In game the Como Province covers all lands north of Milan to the borders of Tirol , of which the largest part would have been the Trentino.....

.....and it is held by faction Tuscany......

Ok...now i think i got your point, the bishopric principality of Trento (founded in 1027 if I remember correctly) will not be ingame as an indipendent region so you decided to include it in the march of Verona in which it was from 951 to 1027...am i right? If it so,fair enough for me

P.S.I knew it wasn't part of the county of Tirol, it was a sort of compromise...but honestly i have to admit my ignorance about the history of Trento before the 11th century
    Last edited by Lele14; June 07, 2010 at 09:15 AM.

Oh I forgot to ask if you are going to include custom battles in the 0.9...are you?

Looking good, pleased to see your focusing on your roots in Central Europe, also will you add some more trees to the map as Europe in the middle ages was thinly populated and forrested
    Kosovo ain't Serbia anymore so quit winging and get on with life

the basic idea behind the lack of trees is to avoid forest battles as much as possible because, even though Europe was mainly forested at this time, generals would usually choose open areas for battle. the game however isn't able to do this. as the map-maker I'm trying to find a good balance between a realistic-looking, visually-pleasing strat map and a map that allows for optimimum gameplay.
    Last edited by Markgraf von Schellenberg; June 08, 2010 at 02:29 AM.

Just the last question about the trentino thing and then i won't bother you anymore with my stupid questions. I've checked the regions map you posted at the beginning of this topic and the little view of the italian alps, it seems to me that the region were Como is has nothing or a little part of Trentino which is mostly in the region of Verona and partially in Tirol. Another thing that i noticed was that in the region of Como there isn't even the area were Trento (=Tridentum in latin) is, so my question is if it is right to have a region called Trentino or Tridentinus if in this region there isn't the area of the city which gave the name to the region itself?

P.S. My silly questions are due to the fact that i really like what this mod is and it is going to be!
    Last edited by Lele14; June 08, 2010 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markgraf von Schellenberg View Post
    the basic idea behind the lack of trees is to avoid forest battles as much as possible because, even though Europe was mainly forested at this time, generals would usually choose open areas for battle. the game however isn't able to do this. as the map-maker I'm trying to find a good balance between a realistic-looking, visually-pleasing strat map and a map that allows for optimimum gameplay.
    That makes a lot of sense, thanks (:
    Kosovo ain't Serbia anymore so quit winging and get on with life