Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: DHRR v0.9 Previews and Features

Default Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: They Live!

+ REP
    Venice is perfect as well, the best version I've seen around here.

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

shouldnt be the name of the capitel of the lombardei mailand and not milano, and genf instead of geneve, and florenz and venedig, to have one line of names? Thanks for the work, we are all supporting your efforts!
    Last edited by Bernardius; November 02, 2012 at 05:01 AM.
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

vonckenLOTR's Avatar Civis

we won't use the german names for the whole map, only for the german speaking regions.

ok, but what about padua it should be padova then right and Triest for example should be Trieste?
    But i dont see the point, in english mods, they call all citys in english names, why not here for atmospeheres sake?
    Last edited by Bernardius; November 08, 2012 at 03:26 AM.

AFAIK all cities will start out with the names that their controlling faction would call them. In previous versions, many cities' names would change via script when a faction of a different culture captured it. I imagine we'll be doing something similar with this version. So, for example, Milan will start as Milano, but if a German faction captures it, it will change to Mailand; if England or Scotland capture it, it will become Milan; but if another Italian faction captures it, it will remain Milano.
    There has also been talk of naming all of the cities by their contemporary names.

Don't want both the team() But while the medieval period, Milano was Milàn, Genova was Zena, Firenze was Fiorenza(ancient toscan form)
    Palermo was Palermù...etc

Ok, not that it is important, thanks for answering!

Ok, not that it is important, thanks for answering!

so, as you have seen in the post: living, but moving slow. but we just got some new fuel, and we are working hard again! we are back on the road!

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

That is really great, I really love this mod and cant wait to play 0.9 and unite Franica in the great and bloody struggle with all those new western factions
    If I may advice/suggest something:
    1) I would really like to see most important european castles represented as a permanent forts (either stone ones from britania campaign or if it is possible it would be great to make them look like motte and bailey)
    2) Is it possible to sort out the plate armoured generals portraits from the game and leave only unarmoured or those wearing chainmail and conical helmets?

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    That is really great, I really love this mod and cant wait to play 0.9 and unite Franica in the great and bloody struggle with all those new western factions
    If I may advice/suggest something:
    1) I would really like to see most important european castles represented as a permanent forts (either stone ones from britania campaign or if it is possible it would be great to make them look like motte and bailey)
    2) Is it possible to sort out the plate armoured generals portraits from the game and leave only unarmoured or those wearing chainmail and conical helmets?
    1) we are still in discussion abou that topic. actually, that discussion was already open 2 years ago(before 0.8), but we given that low priority, as were coding in the factions at the moment(we worked without a coder for a long time and a mod can't progress without a coder. but now we have a coder again!

2) i do not know if this is possible, although i think tht it will cost a lot of work to do that. maybe HannibalExMachina knows the answer, he is our modeler(i dunno if he does portrets too, but i suppose so, i actually never tought of it....)

Quote Originally Posted by vonckenLOTR View Post
    1) we are still in discussion abou that topic. actually, that discussion was already open 2 years ago(before 0.8), but we given that low priority, as were coding in the factions at the moment(we worked without a coder for a long time and a mod can't progress without a coder. but now we have a coder again!

2) i do not know if this is possible, although i think tht it will cost a lot of work to do that. maybe HannibalExMachina knows the answer, he is our modeler(i dunno if he does portrets too, but i suppose so, i actually never tought of it....)
    Thanks for your answers vonckenLOTR
    I underestand your answer to my first question but I am not sure whether you underestood correctly my second one. I do not asking for brand new portraits, I am just asking whether it is posible to make that there will be in game only those vanila portraits which looks correct for DHRR timeframe. I do not think that this is really difficult task to do and certainly it wont require modeler.

Anyway looking forward to anything you will release Wish a best luck and merry Christmas
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; December 25, 2012 at 09:51 AM.

S.P.Q.R. Praetorian's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: DHRR v0.9 Previews and Features

Merged all 0.9 preview threads.

Glad to hear you found a coder. I cant wait to play 0.9, keep up the good work!
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Thanks for your answers vonckenLOTR
    I underestand your answer to my first question but I am not sure whether you underestood correctly my second one. I do not asking for brand new portraits, I am just asking whether it is posible to make that there will be in game only those vanila portraits which looks correct for DHRR timeframe. I do not think that this is really difficult task to do and certainly it wont require modeler.

Anyway looking forward to anything you will release Wish a best look and merry Christmas
    That's just a matter of deleting all 'inapropriate' portraits; though perhaps you'd have to delete them in vanilla as well.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

I am really interested which settlements were added to the Bohemian and Hungarian lands. Any chance of uploading a screen of that part of the map or at least naming them for me

The map is just epic. I love the close up view of europe. Im glad you got rid of the east so you can make europe that much bigger. Cant wait to play 0.9!
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

great to hear something is going on!!! THANKS for the work!

nice - nicer - HRE

Absolutely brilliant mod, I very much adore all the titles and little details that enhance the gameplay vastly.