Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: DHRR v0.9 Previews and Features

Default Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: They Live!

Negative. I would help, and i have a lot of free time, but i am a complete novice.
    Last edited by Post Hoc; August 26, 2012 at 10:36 PM.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

I was a fan of the last HRR releases, and 0.9 or 1.0 would be a sure download for me.
    Maybe i'm getting into it again, and if so, i can take over quite some of the coding tasks, but actually depends on my real life duties next time.
    I'll take an eye on the HRR subforum for the next time ... hope the team will find one or two fitting modders.

Edit
    Just saw this thread, everything okay then?
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 31, 2012 at 05:22 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

About what? I can help in research, especially about East factions.

Glaygon of Holland's Avatar Libertus

Icon1 Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: They Live!

@DaVinci Coding help is what we need right now. If you do manage to find the time and interest to help out, don't hesitate to contact HannibalExMachina! Be aware that it's quite a large amount of coding that needs doing though.

What you read in the other thread is correct. We're all taking a much needed break, so we can work at this project with renewed energy when we get back. The current lack of a coder puts us to a hold anyways, so this time is as good as any. I know that I personally will be hunting for an experienced coder in the meantime, and I'm sure more on the team will be doing that .

@Rex Adrabigania As far as I'm aware, most of the research has been done. In any case, most of 0.8's eastern regions have and will dissappear in 0.9 because of map changes. Therefore the need for research on the eastern regions is limited at best. Stay tuned for the after-break situation though !
    "Consilium et Auxilium"
    -Glaygon of Holland-
    Researcher of the DHRR Team
    Aspirant Map-Maker

Patrician Artifex

Do you have a (hidden) dev forum here, or how is the development organised?

Which coding-departments coming in question?

Is there a running build atm.?

However, i will first end another modding project, afterwards i might step-by, just in case you still need coding guys then.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Glaygon of Holland's Avatar Libertus

I know next to nothing about coding myself so I have no insight on what has to be done in that department. I recommend you to contact HannibalExMachine directly by PM or a Visitor Message. He'll be able to answer your questions .
    "Consilium et Auxilium"
    -Glaygon of Holland-
    Researcher of the DHRR Team
    Aspirant Map-Maker

Patrician Artifex

... will do when the time fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaygon of Holland View Post
    @Rex Adrabigania As far as I'm aware, most of the research has been done. In any case, most of 0.8's eastern regions have and will dissappear in 0.9 because of map changes. Therefore the need for research on the eastern regions is limited at best. Stay tuned for the after-break situation though !
    I understand mod's main concern is Europe, however my opinion was help to make mod more interesting and realistic. Even you delete Moors or Kiyev, Europe will be senseless without Turks, because Byzantium will fade out. Anyway, I am staying tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Do you have a (hidden) dev forum here, or how is the development organised?
    Yes, that's what they have.

this mod needs to be revived. i hope you can help!
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

vonckenLOTR's Avatar Civis

Rex, i'm sorry, but even the turks will be deleted, and also Constantinople. i'm sorry we can't use your expertise. from my experience(as a researcher myself) there are always mods who need more researchers, and, because there is almost nothing more to research, most of our researchers have taken a very long vacation. if they don't return later this year, you should apply. i will mention it in the recruiting post

Quote Originally Posted by vonckenLOTR View Post
    Rex, i'm sorry, but even the turks will be deleted, and also Constantinople. i'm sorry we can't use your expertise. from my experience(as a researcher myself) there are always mods who need more researchers, and, because there is almost nothing more to research, most of our researchers have taken a very long vacation. if they don't return later this year, you should apply. i will mention it in the recruiting post
    It's a very bad news. As far as I know, East Rome Empire play a very important role in Medieval history, she ask for the first crusader, and if ERE is powerful, she tried to expand her territory.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

But then again, considering this mod focusses on the HRE, adding the ERE at the cost of many more German regions makes little sense.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

hey there... I'm a frequent reader of this subforum, but I now I wanna say something for a change
    I'm really looking forwrd to this modification. What I take from the postings above is that the mod is done... but still needs a coder who puts it all together (or something like that)
    Well... I wouldn't mind donating a few dollars for this mod (probably even up to $10.00! )
    ...And maybe others would throw in some bucks as well. So you could take that money and pay someone to do the job?
    It's just a thought. If it's against some moral modding codex to take donations and use that money pay somebody for working... you may throw your bricks, stones and goats now.

Quote Originally Posted by greenheaded View Post
    hey there... I'm a frequent reader of this subforum, but now I wanna say something for a change
    I'm really looking forwrd to this modification. What I take from the postings above is that the mod is done... but still needs a coder who puts it all together (or something like that)
    Well... I wouldn't mind donating a few dollars for this mod (probably even up to $10.00! )
    ...And maybe others would throw in some bucks as well. So you could take that money and pay someone to do the job?
    It's just a thought. If it's against some moral modding codex to take donations and use that money pay somebody for working... you may throw your bricks, stones and goats now.

whoops, sorry didn't mean to quote myself... but there's no edit or delete function (as far as I can see)

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Hope that this mod will not die. It would be awsome to have mod that will bring same depth and realism to western francia as dHRR 0.8 brings to HRE. This mod has become together with Chivalry I (for RTW) my favourite high middle age mod, although, I think that castles should be represented somhow in the mod such as this.
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; October 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM.

Default Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: A New World

Hi,

I had a look at the eastern marches and missed the Elbe next to Misni. I think it really should be there.

Default Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: A New World

The screenshots in this thread are outdated. Here's a shot from the latest map:
    Attachment 245933

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

is there something new here! hope theres still something going on here!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...