Thread: Hard Campaign Setting

Default Hard Campaign Setting

Does this make the AI much more aggressive in terms of conquer, conquer, conquer?

Or does this make it more difficult to conquer the Free people since they spam more units?

What exactly does hard campaign setting do?

Default Re: Hard Campaign Setting

when i played on Medium (as Rome) Macedon left me alone for the most part, other than the occasional blockading one of my ports, but on hard they were constantly attacking Dyrrhachium (rome's starting province in the east) with high level armies. (silver upgrades and good experience) So its definitely much more challenging

Petite Wolf's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Hard Campaign Setting

The "Conquer conquer conquer" setting is Very Hard. On Hard I find that the AI is aggressive, but not stupidly aggressive like they are on VH. On VH they act as if you're the devil and they need to slay you to save mankind. I've always found Hard to be a good middle ground, as on Medium my experience with the AI is that they very rarely do anything but sit in their provinces and wait for you to attack them. Personally, I think Hard is the middle-ground between too aggressive and too passive. But I suppose it's all personal preference and all I can really say is test it out and see if you like it. Who knows, maybe you'll enjoy the added challenge Hard brings.