Thread: rebellions must die!

Default rebellions must die!

pretty much all of my hard-won spanish provinces are rebelling and its getting annoying, i don't have enough troops to crush each and every one of them. I'm playing as GB and I'm protestant. I also have 1 missionary in north america so i cant convert every region en masse any ideas for what to do? thanks

Laetus

Default Re: rebellions must die!

Exempt from taxes? Build bawdy houses?

you need an army and defeat each rebellion.. if you do it right, your units gain lots of experience, so next rebellion will be destroyed easier.. with every rebellion defeated, you reduce overall negative effects towards you... i think its the fastest way how to do it.. you just have to rebuild the province after its stabilized.

oh I've disbanded most of my infantry that wasn't expected to be in use in the next 10 turns and yeah so i'll have to recruit an army

I don't have any bawdy houses at all just weavers cottages, colleges and metal workers shops

Also destroy every single school.
    Portugal and Spain both have a school, immediately destroy it as it gives -6 + Clamour for reform.
    Some ai's take even 2 schools, so check every town on industrialization -1 and schools -6.

tefras14's Avatar Libertus

Industrial buildings give a lot of negative effects. I know the boost of the economy is attractive but you must keep the area under control too.
    Also have a unit of dragoons since they provide a bonus for public order.
    Large cities and capitals especially are much harder to pacify than a small backwater town.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by tefras14 View Post
    Industrial buildings give a lot of negative effects. I know the boost of the economy is attractive but you must keep the area under control too.
    Also have a unit of dragoons since they provide a bonus for public order.
    Large cities and capitals especially are much harder to pacify than a small backwater town.
    I don't think GB gets any negative happiness from industrial buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    you need an army and defeat each rebellion.. if you do it right, your units gain lots of experience, so next rebellion will be destroyed easier.. with every rebellion defeated, you reduce overall negative effects towards you... i think its the fastest way how to do it.. you just have to rebuild the province after its stabilized.

This. And destroying industrial buildings & colleges and replace them by bawdy houses and seminaries(to convert the population to your faith, which can be useful to make the population less angry)
    “Words are dwarfs, deeds are giants.”
    - Dutch proverb

GB has CM government. It does not get Industrial penalty from the Lower Class, since CM had Nobility and Middle Class. Build the church building and destroy the School will help, but it does not do much since all 11 playable factions' capital, in the Grand campaign in Vanilla, will give you 30 Resistance for both upper and lower classes, forgot what that penalty is called, instead of 13 for all other cities previously held by another nation. Crushing the rebels, leave a garrison, and exempt from taxes are the only effective ways to lower the rebellion factors in those cities after the destroying schools and building church, 1 is enough since conversion is capped per turn, even when I had 4 9 stared converters, forgot the Maratha preacher title, converting in a province.
    Last edited by RMSN NIKE; January 06, 2013 at 04:01 PM.
    Riddle me this, riddle me that:
    Who was my first commander?
    How many of me are active right now?
    And who drank a Delacourt '27 when received the commandership of me?

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Bring your missionary over, keep a large garrison (dragoons are good, extra repression) in those provinces (especially Madrid, the capital province) and make sure your Justice has a lot of stars, lower taxes if need be. There is a chance that rebellions still come up, but they should be easy to defeat (I mean, it's the AI) and when you do you get a massive repression bonus. Also if you can build churches and pleasure gardens, they can give good repression bonuses as well. If worst comes to worst and you are desperate and can take the technology hit, destroy any schools that are in the province. Upgrades schools are cause a lot of reform call, fricken education...

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

I might be preaching to the converted here, for this and other situations, keep in mind that territories with "non faction rebels" (Gibraltor, Sardinia, Lombardy, Flanders) should be allowed to succeed and take the territory from you. Next turn, immediately reconquer the territory, and the public order will reflect that you liberated the city from a chaotic rebel government--They love you.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad The Mad View Post
    I might be preaching to the converted here, for this and other situations, keep in mind that territories with "non faction rebels" (Gibraltor, Sardinia, Lombardy, Flanders) should be allowed to succeed and take the territory from you. Next turn, immediately reconquer the territory, and the public order will reflect that you liberated the city from a chaotic rebel government--They love you.
    So many little things CA didn't take into account, *sigh*....

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by John F. Kennedy View Post
    It's quite sad when you think about what the game could've been.

Quote Originally Posted by John F. Kennedy View Post
    Hah, not sure how far your game abuse knowledge goes, but yeah. I can do things that are far worse re: game abuse, within the realm of regular and allowable play.

The only victory condition I accept for myself is clearing the entire map. I must admit, I feel a little ashamed after some of the maps I've cleared.