Thread: merry christmas 2012

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Default merry christmas 2012

Merry X-mas Community
    And once again we have left an exciting year behind us.
    This year may be considered as very successful one. Not just that we have 2 new phantastic modellers in our team - with an incredible speed concerning the unit making - we made also an amazing progress in other topics.
    The next near will show a number of many new mini-previews from time to time prepared by our Joar. We will hopefully finish the last customized settlements - perhaps finishing the complete unit pool and offering the first playable beta for the team-members and for volunteers also.

2013 is the year where a number of new books, witten by myself, are ready to publish at amazon, available in all other bookstores as well - that is a troop list of the 6th century, an overhauled work about the roman warfare of the 6th and 7th century including my own observations from many contries I have visited and a book about the sasanian warfare with translations of the Avesta and Ayin Nameh together with a compilation of some academical sources and its results. In my opinion enough fodder for all byzanto-phile people :-P

With this last words about the latest status of our project I want to thank my team for the great teamwork, the friendliness and the spirit to take this project to a successful end.

A great thanks also to the countless Users who carry this project, by making suggestions and giving an incredible support in many personal messages and public threads.
    Thanks to those free members supporting AoD2 by letting us paricipate on their modding-work - that is Seth Krn3ll, Armatus and Éorl.

Christmas is the celebration of love. The time at which the Son of God was born. May the light and the warmth benefit everyone - even those who do not have the luck to be together with the family.

Best regards and Merry Christmas

sasanian impressions

Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; December 21, 2012 at 05:25 AM.

Agent007's Avatar Civis

Default Re: merry christmas 2012

Pompeius, thank you for all the info and your season's greetings. I too want to wish you a very good Christmas and a great new year!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Merry christmas to all.

Thanks for the news about your books, it sounds really interesting, also the Sassanid pictures are excellent!

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Καλά Χριστούγεννα
    Merry Christmas

It has been a pleasure to part of this team and the TW community as a whole
    Last edited by Constantius; December 22, 2012 at 09:58 AM.

Signature made by Joar

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Merry Christmas

Thanks for the exciting info about both status of the mod and very promising books. The Sassanid units are certainly among the best I ever seen for RTW

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

Merry Christman Brothers, Proud being an AOD member, I really love you guys and I enjoy your company, very luck to be with you, and Pomps I will purchase your book but should I have some German courses first ??

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Io Saturnalia!

It has been a privilage to see and read the progress on this mod. Looking forward to the Amazon releases - will they be in English?

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Merry Christmas to all. I am finding very interesting information in this mod threads. Hope to play it one day.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Merry Christmas to all and hopefully the next year could grant us a release of this great mod.
    Happy Holidays!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Merry Christmas!!!!

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Chronia polla byzantinouphiloi!

@Pompeius: The books sound awesome, could you please tell me their titles so i can look out for the on amazon? Thx! I guess they ll be in German?

For modding reasons I d be very interested in that troop list of the 6/7th century... Any chance that you could send me the list of Maurikian units?

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Icon7 Re: merry christmas 2012

Bit late but Merry Xmas all

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

oh, please note the attached picture in Wundai's post. What you see here is part of our new built city Athens and its church on top of the Akropolis in the 6th and 7th century.

Many thanx to all of you for the kind words.

Some words to the books. They are written in german, however, the troop list (book 1)will be published in english short after too. The other 2 books have round about 300 pages each, a translation makes sense but is not part of my plannings in the next months.
    Book 1 provides a list of east roman troops evidently named (grave stones, mosaics, authors etc) between 480 and 600 AD - and covers a smaller time range than the original ND - listing troops of the 5th century (from which some are more than doutbful).
    Furthermore it includes also troops whose names can be reconstructed indirectly due to a naming of its castles by authors like Procopius, Gorippus, other edicts and and and...

Book 1 (the troop list) is basically a source book with some simplified maps and grafics, insofar the translation is quickly done. Book 2 provides the latest status about the organisation of roman warfare (6th+7th cent.), titles, army development etc to describe the flowing process of the army and its structure between Justinian and the reconquest of the east by Heraclius.
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; December 29, 2012 at 07:47 AM.

Awesome, can't wait to read them.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Very interesting.
    The AoD2 dreamteam have done excellent work as far as I can see. 2013 is going to be a good year, AoD2, IB: RO and IB: RR V8. Three thrilling eras.

Look forward to the final mod (maybe I could get a slot of beta tester?) and to your books. When you can tell us both final titles and publisher it would be very appreciated.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Agent007's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    2013 is going to be a good year, AoD2, IB: RO and IB: RR V8. Three thrilling eras.
    May the Gods hear you, good sir!

Merry Christmas to all, and especially the AoD team! (Yes, a bit late!)
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON