Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final assignment

Default Final assignment

You final assignment is to write up a full chapter of an AAR. The text should be between 500 and 1,000 words, including a battle description. We would like to see at least 5 but no more than 10 pictures. Some of the pictures (but not all of them) should be battle pictures.

If you are not planning to work on a Total War AAR, please PM us to tweak the assignment.

Unlike in the previous assignments, you need to post your chapter in this thread, in a spoiler.

Since this is a larger piece, we do not specify a deadline. If you could do this within the next two weeks or so, that would be great.

Default Re: Final assignment

Good luck guys. You've done well to make it this far - looking forward to seeing the end results.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

I'm caught between starting one, or asking for an alternate assignment (because I'm not actually doing an AAR at the moment) lol.

Ok, to be clear, you don't have to start an AAR for this assignment. You need to come up with a background story, develop some context and characters, have a battle scene and you're there. The only thing you may need to do (apart from the writing) is to run a custom battle in any TW game. We'd prefer if you used in-game pics (because that is what we talked about in the course), but you can add 1-2 borrowed pics too if that helps the storytelling (but don't rely only on those).
    Last edited by Radzeer; December 21, 2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: silly typo

Excellent, just to be on the safe side, I downloaded RTW, with RS2, and it's fully operational. So needn't worry, I shall have it done for you

Indefinitely Banned

I'm too fast for my own good.

Indeed. Congrats on finishing.

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Indefinitely Banned

I seriously am too fast for my own good. So fast that I forgot what was said in the OP, and submitted the assignment in a PM, when I should have done that to the thread.

Well it shouldn't be too late to correct that mistake, right?

Final assignment
    chapter 1 In the forests of northern Britain things are mostly quiet. An exception comes in the form of a band of riders, numbering in 55 men and their horses. Each of them wears cotton and fur capes, an iron helmet, and green or yellow clothing. They carry round shields with simple red-blue patterns, as well as bundles of javelins, and sheathed swords. Their horses had elaborated tacks, with golden decorations. All this indicated that these men were from wealthy families, of land owners and merchants. Only such men could afford the equipment they used, when it came to the cold and poor lands of the north. The lush forest around them, in the midst of summer, was about to clear itself as the party progressed towards the end of the woods.

“Damn this job! I am not supposed to go around, collecting taxes from farmland.” said Gwent, one of the leaders of the party and a warrior at heart, in a bit grumpy tone. He could not feel comfortable in any matters that didn’t involve fighting. He was raised as a soldier by his father, whom had been a veteran of many battles.

“Regardless, we must still do this for now.” Aneirin, the main party leader said in response. “The king had heard that the farming community we are about to visit has not been paying its annual payment of wages and cattle. We have to go find out what gives.” The farming community belonged to the fief of the capital, Ystra Clud, and located in its southern parts.

“If all goes well, the locals will turn arms against us for coming to get taxes. Then you’ll get your fighting, Gwent!” said Garth, third of the group leaders, in a slightly humorous tune.

“Yeah!” Gwent shouted, and the three laughed about it a bit.

One of the company riders was moving ahead the rest. He had moved outside of the forest, and now had an open view on the area from an elevated position. But it looked like he had not spotted something pleasant. He turned his horse around to close on the rest of the party.

“Sire, the community is just ahead, over that hill crest! But there seems to be something going on!”

“What is it?” Aneirin asked.

“It looks like a combat, sire. The place is under attack, most likely by bandits.”

“There’s your combat, Gwent!” Garth smiled.

“Then what are we waiting for? Let’s go already!” Gwent shouted.

The band of riders surged forward from the forest with haste, coming to the view of the battle quickly. There was indeed a battle going on. Lightly equipped bandits were swarming the area, and the locals seemed to be getting overwhelmed by their opposition. For the luck of the farmers, Aneirin’s company had come to scene just in time.

Aneirin turned to look at Garth, to give his order. “Garth, take your riders and flank the enemy from the left! I and Gwent will attack from the right!” Garth replied to this with a nod, before shouting orders to his men to move out. Aneirin and Gwent made the same with their bands. All the time, the fight between the bandits and villagers continued, and the locals were beginning to lose hope. Some of them turned around however, and saw the riders, notifying others of their sighting.

The riders stopped their movement at a distance behind the bandit lines.

“Throw!” Gwent shouted. Immediately afterwards a volley of javelins flew through the air, their sharp points landing on the backs of the bandits. Unease started to nest itself among the attackers, who felt like the battle would be turning against them. Soon afterwards, the riders surged forward to fight the enemy in close combat, jumping over the wooden fences as they did.

Of course Gwent was the first one to hit the bandit lines, doing so with great battle fury. Soon the rest of the group was in the combat too, and Garth had done the same at the other side.

The battle started to look desperate for the bandits. Many were cut down, and soon they started fleeing the area. In the end, only a few managed to break off and flee, while most were either slain or wounded and captured. However Aneirin did not allow the chasing of the survivors: he deemed that they wouldn’t bother anyone anymore.

Aneirin’s company had suffered no casualties, but the villagers had many men dead and wounded. The survivors who could stand gathered in front of the riders and cheered. A man, supposedly the leader of these peasant soldiers, walked in front of Aneirin to address him.

“Hail, sire! Thank you for helping us defeat these wretched bandits. May I ask who you are though?”

“We are servants of king Ceretic. He had not received the annual payments of wages and cattle from this area for some time, so we were sent to find out what gives.” Aneirin replied.

“Ah, yes.” The man said. “These bandits had been terrorizing us for months now, taking tribute from us at the threat of an attack. We agreed to their blackmailing until now, and prepared the best men from the area to fight the scum. They were more numerous than us, and we would have been defeated, if it wasn’t for your company.”

“We see now. Can we trust you to continue paying wages in the future though?” Garth asked the man.

The man replied: “Of course. In fact, I do believe that we know the location of their stash, and now that their strength has been broken, we can go collect what is there and send them to the king in the following days.”

“This is good. We shall take our leave now.” Aneirin said. The man bowed at them, before the riders left, moving north to Ystra Clud itself. The peasant soldiers cheered at them for one final time, as they were leaving.

Great job, Kybro!

My Submission

It is the 23rd year of the Ptolemies-Seleucid War. Crown Prince Ptolemy Epiphanes, son of Pharaoh Ptolemy IV Philopator, leads an army against one of the last bastions of Seleucid dominance in the the near east of Mesopotamia. The unproven son, and new commander of Ptolemaic forces, has not earned the respect of the Seleucids, and is not taken serious upon a national stage yet. He aims to bolster his standing and reputation, by any means necessary...

Currently, Ptolemy Epiphanes' army is camped outside Pinaca, Mesopotamia, on the northern shores of the river Tigris. It is defended by the Strategos Autokrator of the Seleucids, Menippu. Menippu is a seasoned commander and loyal servant to the Emperor. Ptolemy, knowing of Menippu's position, and bitterness towards defeat, and being emboldened by his new position as crown-prince, gasping for sifts of the glory his father possesses, does not wish to negotiate terms, in fact, he hopes to provoke the Seleucids into denying peace terms, so he can besiege the settlement.

Pinaca, Mesopotamia
    Seleucid Empire
    Fall, 194 BCE

An emissary arrives at Pinaca, with the 'Black Eagle on a golden field standard", the sigil of the Ptolemies. He is let into the city by Menippu.

"Greetings, humble servant of my enemy. What terms does 'The Prince' offer?", Menippu says with a snark mockery in his tone.

Ignoring it, the emissary speaks, "My Prince, the benevolent, and merciful Ptolemy Epiphanes offers you and your commanding staff, as well as any members of the high aristocracy of Seleucus that are within these bounds, an opportunity for proper detainment that befits rank and status. Should you submit the city to The Ptolemies, you will be granted all the luxuries in which your position allots you, under the law of the Prince, of course.

All citizens in the city shall be spared violence at the hands of a battle between the armies of My Prince, and your defending force. Not a skin shall be harmed. All you must do is march your forces outside these gates, armless, and submit to His forces."

Menippu scoffs and turns to his general staff, noticeably taken slightly aghast by what was to be said next. Menippu turns to the emissary, "And these terms are all?", he says in a doubting tone.

The emissary clears his throat before speaking. "My Prince.. My Prince also demands that you, your general staff, and all aristocracy in the city bent the knee and acknowledge Him as your savior and new ruler..", he pauses before continuing, "Failure to do so, will result in the misfortune of the Seleucid elite, as well as little leniency on you and your general staff, as well as any, and all soldiers captured."

The small and compacted Seleucid city leaders look onto Menippu blankly. Menippu cringes at the thought of such embarrassment and by such terms of submission.

"Tell your Prince, emissary, that no commander in this city, nor any other, if I could help it, will ever bow to a foreign ruler under such terms. Especially one whom has failed to assert any sort of glory for himself, aside from his birth right, not earned, but hoping for sifts of recognition of his position. This will not do. I deny your Prince's terms, and you are dismissed, as I must prepare my forces. Good day." Menippu says with a proud monotone.

As the emissary humbly nods and turns from the Seleucid commander, it is evident many of the Seleucid local leaders did not feel the same as their proud commander.

After hasty, and somewhat hostile negotiations, and Menippu's cling to honor and fear of shame, the Seleucids prepare for siege. Despite the notion from Ptolemy that none shall be spared.

The emissary returns to Ptolemy Epiphanes, and informs him of Menippu's refusal of the terms.

Battle Begins

Ptolemy Epiphanes gives the signal to commence battle operations.
    "Aristoxenus. Plusenian. Commence battle operations.", Ptolemy says to his generals.

Under orders from the Prince, Plusenian initiates a volley at Seleucid forces, under cover from a light dust storm.

The Ptolemaic cavalry general, Aristoxenus, dispatches the Babylonian Horse Archers to scout the region and contain the foe in the city, while undercover from a natural dust storm and while the archer volley minimizes Seleucid vision of the battle while the enemy shields themselves to fend off the volley.

Under cover of overhead volleys, Nubian Spearmen begin to batter the gates of Pinaca.

Seleucid Commander Menippu dispatches reserve forces to bolster defenses at the gate, hastily, by making an example of some defiant soldiers.
    "If this boy wants to play soldier, we will give him a battle. Dispatch the reserves." Menippu barks sternly to his commanders.

Seleucid reinforcements arrive to reinforce defenses at the gate, late though, as the Ptolemies have already begun to breach the battered gates of the city.

The carnage and chaos of the battle begins with Ptolemaic forces infiltrating the battered down gate and Ptolemaic phalanx units begin engaging with the first line of a Seleucid shield wall. The sound of sword and spear upon shields echoes widely.

Ptolemaic and Seleucid phalanx units battle furiously as the battle heats up.

"Enough of this sitting idly nearby, I shall lead this army to victory today", Ptolemy says to Nicander, commander of his Royal Bodyguard.
    In a lust for glory, Ptolemy Epiphanes joins the battle, flanked on his sides by his Royal Bodyguards.

Chaos is ever apparent as the Seleucid forces collapse into disarray and Ptolemy lead pushes the assault forward. He breaks through and confronts the Seleucid Generals. Menippu submits uneasily. The battle... Is over.

"No quarter shall be given to any elite, nor soldier whom bore arms against us. Round them up, and execute them. But bring Menippu to me.", The young Prince says.

In a bold act, Ptolemy has the heads of the Seleucid commanders, along with that of Menippu, severed, and sent to Babylon, speared to the Gates of Babylon as a warning to wouldbe aggressors and deniers of Ptolemaic superiority.
    Last edited by Dance the older; December 31, 2012 at 05:55 PM.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Lol, I had started a Faustian Reich AAR, but did not write it and after a week abandoned all hope of doing it. Looks like I have a use for those pictures after all

Wait...so can this just be a battle AAR?

Yes.

Is it ok if I post my assignment next week? Sorry, New Year has completely destroyed my plans .

Ok, but make sure to do it because at some point we need to close the course.

Hmm, this being my first AAR chapter ever, I now understand the troubles AARtists have with screenshots and formatting .

COYS! - Chapter

“Hello, and here we are from Buck Shaw Stadium in sunny California, United States. Today we’ll witness an interesting friendly clash between San Jose Earthquakes and Tottenham Hotspurs. Refereed by Marcel Yonan, we’re in for an exciting fixture here today.” The broadcasting rang through the dressing-room and reached the ears of Jonas Farrell. It wasn’t his first match as manager for Spurs. By no means, he had coached them for the last three preseason games. This time, however, he had decided to bring the big guns. The big guns being the best players. Gareth Bale, Jermain Defoe, Hugo Lloris, Mousa Dembele, Jan Vertonghen to name a few. Now Jonas stood in the middle of the room, swallowing spittle more often than he thought he ought to. It should be them waiting to impress me, not the other way around, he thought to himself. “The lineups are quite regular, Manager Farrell has brought with him the heavy wages as well this time, new player Willian starts and youngster Lewis Holtby sits on the bench.”

Steffen Freund had told him what to say. “Be encouraging, not too much though. You’re the boss, you decide. It’ll go great, trust me.” So Jonas Farrell said some words, smiled, joked, was serious, yelled. That didn’t go so bad, he thought as he saw their backs marching onto the field.

Finally the ref blew the whistle, and the game was off. Sandro moved forwards with the ball, passing to Bale who raced down the flank right past Jonas before being tackled by a San Jose fullback. The game went on, Tottenham were controlling the game, launching attacks at goal, though the goalkeeper denied them every time.

Half time had just passed as Jonas Farrell check his clock for the tenth time. Spurs had been pressing hard, though the liberating goal was still evading them. San Jose gained the ball on their own half, lifting the ball quickly forwards, developing an attack. Suddenly, the midfielder fired off a shot, passing behind Hugo Lloris, but thankfully deflected off the post. Still in play, however, the ball bounced back into the field and one of the San Jose stood ready. Oh bollocks, Jonas thought as he watched the ball roll into the net, to the great joy of the home-team and their supporters. Behind him, one of the coaches loudly declared what he had just thought.

Half time came all too soon. At least in Jonas’ mind. They were behind. It would certainly be a catastrophe should they lose to San Jose Earthquakes, not even the best team in the States, or the media would make it look like a disaster, to be sure. Jonas looked at the players, he had to do something. “Listen,” he began, gaining their attention. “I know this is just a preseason match, you know it too, the world knows it. The matches don’t count; no points, no goals, and no table. Still, when we win this game, we’ll remember it when we face Arsenal, Chelsea and United this autumn. We’ll remember the practice and the good feeling every victory brings. We are going to win this game, you bet we are. But I can do fairly little from the line, so I need you. You need to deliver the passes and bring the goals home.” Jonas noted the youngsters lighting up, he was making an impression on them. “So now when we go out, we’re going to look like winners – for we are winners!”
    The second half started well enough. San Jose barely had the ball, and their only effort at goal was a long shot which was knocked over the bar from an incredible save from Lloris. Kyle Walker came off with an injury after a few minutes, Kyle Naughton replaced him. Finally, the goal came. Aaron Lennon raced down the line, cutting in front of the back and steering for goal. The lightning winger put the ball into the low corner past the American goalie and grabbed the ball; eager to get the game started again.

The match looked to end in a draw, ninety minutes had passed and still no more goals. Jan Vertonghen was holding the ball deep into the Spurs half. Jan passed it on to Sigurdsson, who quickly flick-flacked it to Sandro. The big Brazilian carried the ball further and sent to Defoe. Defoe barely took a moment to wait, but shot from thirty yards, straight into the goal behind the confused keeper. 2-1.

Jonas Farrell leapt from his seat, lifting his knotted fist into the air cheering. The ref blew his whistle for the last time, they had won.

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

I'll try to have my entry up later tonight. I apologize for the delay.

I've been skiing all weekend. I will hopefully have it done in the next few days.

This week would be good.

Here is my final assignment.
    NOTE: The factions used in this represent fictional countries. Prussia, and Prussian soldiers represents the United States of Westmark and Westmarkan soldiers. Great Britain, and British soldiers represents the Immortal Empire and Janakan soldiers. If you desire an idea of what the soldier's uniforms actually look like: the Janakan soldiers wear bascinets with white or navy blue plumes, navy blue uniforms with decorative breast plates and white pants. The Westmarkan soldiers wear black shakos and dark green and white uniforms.

Final Assignment- Battle of Heinz- Year 1769 A.T.F.

Intro

Battle of Heinz
    United States of Westmark vs. Immortal Empire

In the Year 1769 A.T.F., the 30th of Uhruhkkakuha, at 1600, the 3rd Brigade of the Home Army of the First Janak Legion, commanded by Brigadier Demlon overseen by the Second Immortal Emperor, marched through Heinz, about half a mile away the Westmark 4th Brigade, commanded by Brigadier Gennen, which was marching towards the 3rd Brigade. It should be noted that neither side began the day knowing that they would fight each other; in addition the Immortal Empire was not at war with the United States of Westmark. Both sides marched towards each other, not willing to give ground. At 16:10, the sides stopped within musket range. The commanding officers of the front battalions ordered their men to ready their arms; in response hundreds of muskets were raised. For minutes, the muskets were held, pointed at their enemy.
    Beginning

The 3rd Brigade marching away from Heinz.

The 4th Brigade and the 3rd Brigade approach each other.

Suddenly, a Janakan officer of a light battalion gave the command to open fire, over a hundred muskets discharged in response. The expert Janakan musketry felled half a dozen Westmarkans. Following this, both lines fired at each other, over a hundred fell to the first volleys of musket fire. Even though the colonels on both sides did not give their battalions the order to fire, they did not attempt to restrain their men from continuing to fire. Without anyone to stop them from firing, except Death himself, the infantry on both sides continued to reload and fire their muskets. Soldiers died by the dozens.

The Battle Begins

The first shots are fired.

The Battle rages on.

Instead of halting the battle, the commanders of both brigades ordered their artillerymen to prepare the cannons and fire. Brigadier Gennen did not have someone to oversee his activities, so there was no one who could have stopped him. However, Brigadier Demlon did have an overseer, the Immortal Emperor, yet he was not on the battlefield. He was back in the town of Heinz, greeting the people in the town hall. When the first shots were fired, the Immortal Emperor thought it was only shots of celebration or some other trivial matter. However, he, as well as the Heinz citizens, grew concerned when the sounds of musketry continued. A few minutes after the first shots were fired, one of the Immortal Emperor’s Doctrinal Guard entered the town hall and ran up to the Immortal Emperor. The man whispered into the Emperor’s ear that a Westmarkan brigade had appeared and that both sides had fired at each other, in other words, the Immortal Empire was now at war with the United States of Westmark. This angered the Immortal Emperor; he had wanted the Immortal Empire to stay out of the civil war that rages in Westmark. The only reason for this campaign on Halstenkut Isle was to secure the Immortal Empire’s coastal southwestern borders on the Southern Strip; he did not want to fight Westmark. He would have to put an end to this battle, so he announced to the gathered Heinz citizens that he would back before the end of the hour. Without wasting another moment, he left the town hall with a dozen of his Doctrinal Guard. The group mounted their horses and rushed to the front.

After five minutes, several hundred lay dead or dying on the battlefield. It was clear to Brigadier Gennen that if the course of battle did not change, Westmark would lose the battle. In fact, Westmark was at a disadvantage from the start of the battle. Most of the Westmarkan soldiers were conscripted to fill the depleted ranks of the Westmarkan military. Only four battalions in the 4th were composed of regulars, whereas the 3rd was composed completely of regulars. In addition, there were 500 Doctrinal Guards who were accompanying the 3rd Brigade.

Thinking quickly, Brigadier Gennen rode up and down the Westmark lines ordering his battalions to charge. One after another, the Westmark battalions charged at the Janakan line. If the Westmarkan battalions could close the gap, they might be able to win the battle in a brutal melee, but that was if they could close the gap. They could not, instead the musketry of the First Janak Legion repulsed the Westmarkan charge, and sent the entire Westmarkan line retreating.
    The Charge

The Westmarkan charge is repulsed.

The Immortal Emperor arrived at the battlefield as the Westmarkans were retreating. He admonished Brigadier Demlon for not preventing the battle. The Emperor ordered Demlon to raise a white flag.

As the two conversed, the Westmarkan line was already reforming to launch a second attack. However, Gennen ordered his men to cease fire when he saw a white flag being waved. As the man who waved the white flag retreated back to the Janakan lines, the Immortal Emperor, Brigadier Demlon, his aides and a dozen Doctrinal Guards rode forward to meet with Brigadier Gennen and his aides. The leaders brokered an armistice. They agreed that a treaty would be arranged at a later date when President Krunz of the United States of Westmark would meet with the Immortal Emperor of the Immortal Empire to officially end the hostilities.

The casualties were relatively light for the 3rd Brigade, a force that numbered 3,000 including the 500 Doctrinal Guards, about 400, whereas the Westmarkans, whose force numbered 1,800, suffered almost 1,000 casualties. The battle itself was relatively quick, only ten minutes War Recorder's Note: typical battles between brigades will last over half an hour or more

-recorded by War Recorder Thel Kakius on 32nd of Uhrukakkuh, 1769 A.T.F.

Thank you for your patience, Radzeer and robinzx.

Good job all of you.

My submission

Ambition

Source

Bostar was nervous. It was his first time leading an army such as this. More than thousand men. At the age of eighteen, people expected he will be successful as his father and two older brothers. After all, he is a member of the famous Barca family, great merchants, explorers and generals.
    A month ago he received a letter from Carthage, when he came to Nora to establish his first trade contacts:

To Bostar Gisco

March north of Nora and suppress Nuragic tribes in central Sardinia. Gather 800 men from the city. General Bomilcar will bring you additional 400 men from Hispania.

Republic of Qart-hadašt

When he thought about these words, he came to the conclusion that this message was sent by his uncle Hannibal, current suffet, who was always keen to test his abilities. Bostar was anxious to lead an army as he always wanted to, but if he had failed, he would be crucified.
    When his army was assembling, he gathered as much knowledge of his foes as he possibly could. Nuragic people were proud, their civilization was ancient and mysterious and they were known as fearsome warriors. They built extraordinary buildings of both military and religious significance, Nuraghes. But their weakness lay in numbers. Because the rebellion was formed only by Nurrensi, Cunusitanti and Celsitanti they lacked manpower to face the might of Carthage.
    Three days after departure, they met with Bomilcar who came with 240 Asturian axemen and 200 experienced and fearsome warriors known as Scutarii.
    When they marched across the island, he saw many plains with fertile soil. There were a few wheat fields, but there could be many more. He decided to establish a few farms here after the conquest of Nuragic people. If his brother has Gadir in his hands, he could eventually have Sardinia.

Bostar focused his mind back to present. They arrived in front of an old Carthaginian fort, whose garrison was butchered. According to the scouts, there were 500 men inside. Bostar put Bomilcar in charge of infantry forces. He could see the man's determination to rise through ranks and become acknowledged general in the Republic. Bostar decided to use this to his own benefit and see what the man is capable of.

Libyan light infantry

Bostar sent Libyan light infantry forward with rams to breach the gate. Numidian cavalry was guarding the rear, protecting Carthaginian forces from any unexpected incursion from rebels nearby. His heavy infantry, the Scutarii were positioned on the left flank in order to breach the wall from the left side, thus encircle the enemy. Libyan spearmen were put in a reserve, while Asturian axemen would enter the fort after Libyan light infantry.

Scutarii

Soon his men began to fall under enemy arrows. Sentry towers were full of skilled archers. Nevertheless, his men began to penetrate the walls. Many proud Nuragic warriors fell under Libyan javelins, when thwalls and the gates were breached. Carthaginian forces then entered the fort, only to meet stiff resistance. Casualties mounted before Scutarii joined the fight. Enemy skirmishers quickly fell under the blade of these skilled men.

Libyan light infantry throw their javelins

Main battle line

At the same time Libyans managed to smash through the enemy line and Nuragic warriors retreated to the centre of the fort while Asturian axemen surrounded them from behind.

Asturian axemen surround the remaining Nuragic warriors

Nevertheless, Bostar stared at the battle with great admiration for their foes. They were fighting valiantly to the last. The last man still standing was Aru, the chieftain of Celsitanti tribe. He wielded his bronze sword with unmatched skill and power and brought down many warriors, who Bostar personally knew. At last he was stopped by a large man, Pertinax, whose origin was unknown and joined their forces in Nora. Bostar decided to keep an eye on that man.

The fall of Aru

235 Carthaginian men were dead and 41 more wounded. All 521 Nuragic warriors lay dead.
    Bostar was amazed by the skill and bravery of the natives. He was thinking of employing some of them as mercenaries. After he defeats them.

The fort was abandoned and the Bostar's army departed north. They say people can still hear the voice of Aru, the legendary chieftain of Nuragic people, cursing both Carthage and Bostar.

Notes:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -I couldn't write all the names in Punic, so I decided to write just Carthage at the end of the message in Punic(Qart-hadašt).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast